Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1893843 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2876
Maybe you could then even consider updating your signature ;)
And the first post in this thread. 8)
korth

Reply #2877
 You wouldn't believe how bad the wi-fi is in Cancun and how hard it is to stay sober at an all inclusive resort O:)
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2878
I believe I may have found a bug in CUETools with the tagging.
When I convert my flac files to vorbis with oggenc2, cuetools doesn't actually embed the album art into the file, so not all media players show the album art, and I have to manually add it with mp3tag to the files. However, it works fine when converting to mp3, aac or flac.

I have tested this with several albums in flac from 3 different rippers (Cueripper, EAC and dBpoweramp), all with the same result, and both Cuetools 2.1.5 and 2.1.6.

Reply #2880
............ Any way to fix CUERipper making the filenames and replacing ' s with ' ? Filenames look like "You Ain't Got Nuthin" when it should be "You Ain't Got Nuthin"
Same problem in CUETools:
Run with Audio Output <None>
Then the .cue sheet (and the .m3u) created both will contain " &apos; " which doesn't match the actual filename containing " ' " So the track won't be played.

However running  Action <Create CUE Sheet>
Does create cue sheet with correct " ' " in names. 
Unfortunately I can't get a correct m3u .

Reply #2881
Action <Create CUE Sheet>

Unfortunately the created list puts files in alphabetical order, I can't see an option to use embedded track numbers.
I want a cue sheet to have tracks play in right order without needing tracknumber prefix on filenames.

Reply #2882
Run with Audio Output <None>
Then the .cue sheet (and the .m3u) created both will contain " &apos; " which doesn't match the actual filename containing " ' " So the track won't be played.
Try unchecking 'Edit Tags'.
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Settings (8.1)
korth

Reply #2883
Hi!

I'm re-encoding all my ape and flac images to single flac tracks.

I'm doing this using libFLAC with best compression (-8) and the following switches:

-e -m -P 4096

These switches save about 100kb on every single flac track, but unfortunately I have not been able to add these commands to CUEtools.

Thus, I'm splitting my images with cuetools first using the lowest compression rate and then I'm re-encoding the single tracks again with FLAC Frontend and libFLAC 1.3.1 using the switches mentioned above.

Can somebody tell me if there's a way to add these switches to CUEtools?

Reply #2884
You'll need to register a new external encoder.
Goto Encoders:
Click the green +.

Extension: flac
Path: flac.exe (if you copy the exe from the FLAC Frontend tools folder to the CUETools folder) or use the full path (example: C:\FLAC Frontend\tools\flac.exe)
Parameters: -e -m -%M - -o %O -P 4096
Modes: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Name: FLAC 1.31 (or whatever)

Click OK
Restart CUETools (this may not be necessary but I received an encoder error on my first test. Encoder worked fine after.)

Edit: The encoder error I received on my first test was "flac.exe has exited prematurely with code 1". The "Encoder mode" slider needs to be moved to an actual setting before trying to Encode for the first time.
korth

Reply #2885
Thanks korth for your help!

...even though it turned out that the files that are created by CUETools with your sequence of parameters can be compressed further by some KB with FLAC frontend using -e -m -P 4096.

It seems that one or more parameters are ignored when your sequence is used.

After changing the sequence of parameters to:

-%M -e -m -P 4096 - -o %O

...the files created by CUEtools can't be compressed further using FLAC frontend.

Reply #2887
Just to mention it, the FLAC frontend is not safe. It has been eating some of my files, even with the verify option
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,99803.msg921798.html#msg921798

Good to know! Thanks!

...even though this particular problem would not effect me, since I never use the source folder/file(s) as the destination folder/file(s) to be safe.

And I doubt that it's a problem caused by FLAC Frontend. It's more likely that it's a bug of libFLAC itself, because the frontend doesn't encode anything. It's only a GUI for libFLAC.

Thus, I'm pretty sure that you could cause the same effect with CUEtools using libFLAC with the -f (force overwrite) parameter.

Nevertheless I'have to admit that FLAC Frontend isn't very stable on Windows PCs. It crashes always during the seconds operation.

After closing the cmd-window of the first operation you won't be able to complete a second operation successfully.

Maybe you should file a bug report here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/flac/bugs/

Reply #2888
I am fairly sure that the the frontend's so-called verify option does nothing to verify whether new audio equals old audio. Because I could use FLAC itself to tell that the MD5s fail to match.
And that is an issue with the frontend; if FLAC fails (for example due to full drive), then the front-end does nothing to check it.

Anyway, I have no sourceforge account, but I replied where the developer announced the front-end, so I assume that no-one responsible is interested.

Reply #2889
Hi everyone, I'm either growing too old nuts or both- I would apreciate a little help.
Ripping to ALAC (cuetools encoder) V2.1.5

Template: g:\cueRIP\%artist%\[%year% - ]%album%[ - %edition%]\%tracknumber% - %title% - %Artist%.cue

this is what the output file looks like:
for cue file "%tracknumber% - %title% - %Artist%"
for m4a files "01 - The Blues - %Artist%" etc

What am I doing wrong?  Why is artist not "printed"?  Anything I can do to make the cue file display something a little more meaningful?  I could not find much on what "edition" really does, I kept hyperlinking back and forth between foobar wiki and cuetools wiki, however I could not find meaningful information/definition on "edition".

Thanx for any helpful input

Reply #2890
If i had to guess, capital letter A in Artist can be a problem.
"edition" was there just to demonstrate that you can use any custom tag that you might have in your files.
But if you are using musicbrainz metadata via CTDB, what will likely work for you instead is %label%,%labelno%, %labelandnumber%,%releasedate%, %releasedateandlabel% - i think Wiki is not up to date on those.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2891
Thank you very much!! This was great info

what will likely work for you instead is %label%,%labelno%, %labelandnumber%,%releasedate%, %releasedateandlabel% - i think Wiki is not up to date on those.

As for the rest:  Could not switch the capital letter for a small one.. kept revertig back to capital.  I deleted the settings file and redit the template... working now... go figure ;-)

EDIT...oops did my little rain dance prematurely... new problem now:  "Excepetion: buffer overflow 8 vs 4096"

Reply #2892
Changing the cue-file name:

By default, CueTools inserts the word "cuetools" into every cue-file name it creates. How do I change the behaviour so that CueTools omits the word "cuetools"?

Thank you.

Reply #2893
Is there a way to force CUETools to decode through errors?  If CUETools gets the AccurateRip ID right, it would in the very least be able to verify the other tracks.

Reply #2894
I'm using the CUETools 1.95 command line to batch convert a bunch of my CD rips to FLAC.  Even though I have every AccurateRip option unselected in the GUI version (and thus the template, right?), the program still insists on checking the database and reporting back at the end of conversion.  This has the effect of pausing the batch file after every conversion until I dismiss the resulting dialog.  But the whole point of doing this in batch is to run interrupted.  How can I make it NOT verify my tracks?

Reply #2895
This has the effect of pausing the batch file after every conversion until I dismiss the resulting dialog.
The command line CUETools.exe wasn't written to continue (end) without user interaction.
edit: It was intended for use in Windows (File) Explorer context menu (not a batch script).
If you are converting tracks, have you tried CUETools.Converter.exe?
korth

Reply #2896
No, I hadn't tried that.  It was my understanding it didn't work on CUE sheets.  Are there any other CLI programs that can use a CUE sheet to bundle audio tracks into an image file (uninterrupted)?

Reply #2897
Recently I was trying to verify/convert a rip and got this:
"Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection."
I looked at the CUE file's "INDEX" entries, trying to figure out if there was something funny with them, but other than the typical INDEX 01 00:00:00, there were just a handful of INDEX 00 with timecodes that were well in range. It was a CUE+Tracks rip.
After going back and forth trying a few things and scratching my head, I was lucky enough to notice that the filenames in some FILE entries were missing the closing quotes ["]. The filenames were rather long, and I was misled by the error message into thinking that the problem was with the INDEX entries, so I didn't pay attention to them.
After fixing that, the CUE file finally worked.

This was with version 2.1.6, haven't tried earlier ones.

Reply #2898
Here is a case where CUETools and fb2k on one hand, compute the AccurateRip (V1) checksum different from what dBpoweramp and PerfectTunes do:

AccurateripID: 001e83c5-01459edf-c10e8c0e, track 11.  (They agree on all the thirteen other tracks.)

Spoon's applications (PerfectTunes just now, dBpoweramp v14 from the log back in 2010) calculate it to C139D799, verified with confidence = 2 (one of them is my own rip).
CUETools and foobar2000 calculate it to c1a31099.

I probably need to upload the track?