Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1375643 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2575
This can be done simply adding backslash before @import.

really? doing that breaks my scripts because the file isn't loaded at all.

as for delaying load, what is the point? we're talking fractions of a second on startup. i have 17 scripts taking around 0.4s. honestly, what is this going to affect.... nothing. 

edited: my scripts add around 0.4s to foobar's startup time, not 0.3s as i said originally.

Reply #2576
I think now if posible to make some menu, that can manipulate with this caracter at the beginning, and disable-enable script in panel.
This is pointless as marc2003 already mentioned. Besides this, this is not possible anyway.

Reply #2577
This can be done simply adding backslash before @import.

really? doing that breaks my scripts because the file isn't loaded at all.

as for delaying load, what is the point? we're talking fractions of a second on startup. i have 17 scripts taking around 0.4s. honestly, what is this going to affect.... nothing. 

edited: my scripts add around 0.4s to foobar's startup time, not 0.3s as i said originally.

Yes it stops, and you can enable script later if you want to use it again.
It is useful, because you can't have all script active in same time,it waste your space, it's not possible..(but they are running in the background, even if you don't use them).
If you have option to disable some of them, you can save your memory on startup. I was now disable 3 of them i don't use, and my startup is faster for 2sec now.
Only problem is i must do this manually...

Reply #2578
you can save your memory on startup

what kind of numbers are we talking about here? i presume you've been looking at task manager.... 

what are you doing with this memory that you have "saved"?

Reply #2579
you can save your memory on startup

what kind of numbers are we talking about here? i presume you've been looking at task manager.... 

Ok, i don't look in task manager at all.I looked in console. I now that 2sec is nothing..
But if i dont use some script now, i want to have it fast acessible in menu for later use, then i want to disable them.
Because, i have possibility to add more than 50 sripts in my config in drop-down menu, do you think that this will not affect performance, if i fill all 50?
I need that saved memory for later use.

Reply #2580
I interested for lyrics script you work, i also edited falstaff lyrics, and add posibility to force save option in lyrics show 3, so you can see lyrics at first play, exactly in same time when it's find from net.. http://mire777.deviantart.com/art/Lyrics-R...h4nge-393946997
Please upload your script when you finish. Thanks..

If you haven't, you should try the latest beta of foo_uie_lyrics3. It now supports batch downloading and has always (AFAIK) supported auto saving, so I'm not sure exactly what you did.

It'll be part of a much larger script that I'll be uploading very shortly. The lyrics are just a small component, but if somebody really needs them standalone, I can probably rip them out into their own script. Falstaff may already be doing this in some of his themes, but I have no idea... I just know he hasn't posted it in here in 3 years.

Once I get the last couple kinks worked out, I need to find a good screencasting program so that I can create a youtube video to show all the features my script has. It's hard to explain everything succinctly with just pictures. If anybody has some recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

I used to put my saved memory under a mattress, but then my house burned down and I lost it all. Now I have it stored in an offshore account where it's earning 6% interest every year.

Reply #2581
I now that 2sec is nothing..

what script(s) are you using that takes 2 seconds? that does seem like a long time for just a few.

as i mentioned, i have 17 taking less than 400ms. that's just over 20ms or 0.02seconds each. i know one of my scripts depends on how many images there are in a folder. i just tested it on a folder with the most artist images in it and it took 0.7 seconds which is a bit more noticeable.

Reply #2582
If you haven't, you should try the latest beta of foo_uie_lyrics3. It now supports batch downloading and has always (AFAIK) supported auto saving, so I'm not sure exactly what you did.

I found this beta yesterday.. in last version lyrics3, you had to press 'save' , that lyrics be seen in WSH lyrics rader. I just added the 'force save' option in WSH, and set that script continuously check whether there are lyrics in the folder or not. Great if they fix this problem..

It'll be part of a much larger script that I'll be uploading very shortly. The lyrics are just a small component, but if somebody really needs them standalone, I can probably rip them out into their own script.

Wow, this looks great  I can't wait to see what config all includes.
.. and If you resolve problem with display unicode characters in lyrics, i'd like to have this version..

Reply #2583
I now that 2sec is nothing..

what script(s) are you using that takes 2 seconds? that does seem like a long time for just a few.

as i mentioned, i have 17 taking less than 400ms. that's just over 20ms or 0.02seconds each. i know one of my scripts depends on how many images there are in a folder. i just tested it on a folder with the most artist images in it and it took 0.7 seconds which is a bit more noticeable.

My startup time was 0:04, and now is 0:02.7.
Only for test this, i disabled 'tabed playlist' from br3tt, 'album art' that i was made with your help and 'Spinning Disc'.
I don't now how this posibble

Reply #2584
a couple of minor updates for my samples:

Code: [Select]
7.2013-09-30.03

"Now playing" & "Thumbs" now show newest images first based
on their last modified times.

7.2013-09-30.02

"Discogs" & "Musicbrainz" scripts now check for updates if
data is over a day old. Before this change, it waited a week.

existing users: right click>Update script
full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip
changelog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h/changelog.txt

Reply #2585
"Discogs" & "Musicbrainz" scripts now check for updates if
data is over a day old. Before this change, it waited a week.

Hey marc2003, I looked and as I guessed, you were using fso to cache those text files on the local drive. From the documentation I've read on FSO, it seems like you can only create Text files, and what I'd really love to do would be to cache images to handle slow network connections. Is there anyway to do this with FSO, or some other object?

Reply #2586
i don't really understand. where are the images from and how are you downloading them?

Reply #2587
i don't really understand. where are the images from and how are you downloading them?

Actually, a little further reading might have solved the issue. The images are album artwork/disk images and are on a network share. Most of them are in the 500K-1MB range, and since my script has a playlist manager (thanks ExtremeHunter!), a lot of images are being loaded initially as well. I access this network share from the same machine (obviously fast), wi-fi (still pretty fast), and remotely using SSH (really f'n slow), all using mapped drives so the paths are consistent.

However, I think all I need to do is this:
f = fso.GetFile("N:\\Audio\\Artist - Album\\folder.jpg");
f.Copy(fb.ProfilePath + "cache\\Artist - Album.jpg");

And then when retrieving in the future, just check the file sizes against each other and if they differ, get a new one from the network location.

Reply #2588
Thanks so much for all your effort with this mod, but I'm getting an error whenever I try to add a script and I can't find a solution! I installed the mod, Safe Mode is unchecked, marc2003 is in my %appdata%\foobar2000 folder, I'm running as an admin, but when I add any of the scripts to the panel I get:

WSH Panel Mod (Art Reader by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Art Reader by marc2003): Unknown error code: 0x800700b6File: C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common7.js
Ln: 1304, Col: 2

Line 1304 is
   this.doc = new ActiveXObject("htmlfile");

Reply #2589
that error code would suggest something is wrong with your windows install. some missing/corrupt files perhaps? i'm just guessing but i'm pretty sure nothing in my scripts can cause that.

you can try commenting that line out because it's not even required by that script.

just add to slashes like this...

//this.doc = new ActiveXObject("htmlfile");

Reply #2590
@marc2003 That worked, thanks a lot!

Reply #2591
i should mention commenting that line out will break the news/reviews/blogs and last.fm album info panels but it won't affect any of the others.

Reply #2592
Marc, i use your wsh biography to catch biography text.
My script is litle modified. I don't know is it already exist in original script...
I would like to have button in menu to download all biography text, for selected track in playlist? And for images also?
Is it possible?

Reply #2593
i really don't see the point of this. it's not like the info can be viewed or be of use with anything else. it takes barely a second to download the bio text if there isn't a cached version. you can even right click>selection mode>follow selected track. now you can select items in the playlist manually and bio text will be downloaded regardless of what is playing.

to answer the question, it is possible but i really can't be bothered to help with it.

and if you do try and make something yourself, make sure you register at the echonest and get your own API key. i will be seriously pissed off if you make multiple requests and get the key blocked for me and everyone else who uses my scripts. search for the line of code in the common file that begins....

url = "http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/artist/biographies?api_key=

and put in your own.

http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4

Reply #2594
i really don't see the point of this. it's not like the info can be viewed or be of use with anything else. it takes barely a second to download the bio text if there isn't a cached version. you can even right click>selection mode>follow selected track. now you can select items in the playlist manually and bio text will be downloaded regardless of what is playing.

to answer the question, it is possible but i really can't be bothered to help with it.

Ok, thank you Marc. Your script runs faster than standard foo_uie_bigoraphy. And without this is perfect for me.
Thanks...

and if you do try and make something yourself, make sure you register at the echonest and get your own API key. i will be seriously pissed off if you make multiple requests and get the key blocked for me and everyone else who uses my scripts. search for the line of code in the common file that begins....

url = "http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/artist/biographies?api_key=

and put in your own.

http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4

Ok, i have my API key, i don't even use this in script. I think everyone should purchase own API.
All people use this, so it's little insecure for me. Earlier i was used Romor's API , and he stopped working.
Because of that, i will continue to use my API..
I don't know  how much is limit on echonest site. So this my request for adding download option is not good.
Thanks again..

*And maybe you should not put yours API in script at all,but let people to enter own from menu?

Reply #2595
I think everyone should purchase own API.

purchase is the wrong word as it's absolutely free. but perhaps english isn't your first language?

obviously i'm happy for people to use my scripts with the API key i supply because it's unlikely to ever get blocked if you use my scripts as intended. before you build up a cache, you're not likely to be making more than one request every 3-4 minutes (based on standard song length). and if you listen to full albums, it could be an up to an hour between looking up different artists.

i just ask that anybody who modifies the default behaviour use their own API key.

Reply #2596
I think everyone should purchase own API.

purchase is the wrong word as it's absolutely free. but perhaps english isn't your first language?

obviously i'm happy for people to use my scripts with the API key i supply because it's unlikely to ever get blocked if you use my scripts as intended. before you build up a cache, you're not likely to be making more than one request every 3-4 minutes (based on standard song length). and if you listen to full albums, it could be an up to an hour between looking up different artists.

i just ask that anybody who modifies the default behaviour use their own API key.

Sorry for my bad English, you'r right it's not my first language.
Today I went on echonest site. It appears that they reduced limit to 20 calls per minute. In order to increase the limit you have to go on your account, and tell something about yourself and your program you develop and click upgrade, then you will have 120 calls again. If you did not do that, just to inform...

Reply #2597
thanks but i've already upgraded my account.

Reply #2598
updated my musicbrainz script....

7.2013-10-08.01

"Musicbrainz". Now handles multi-value artist MBID tags if
present - it looks up the first one. Also works around the
fact picard doesn't not write proper multi-value tags to mp3.

if your files do not have MBID tags but your artist tags have multiple values, you should use the Artist field remapping option found on the right click menu and use something like

$meta(artist,0)

existing users: right click>Update script
full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

files changed:
marc2003\common7.js

Reply #2599
Can I use this or something similar :fb.Titleformat("$puts(example,teststring)"); to pass it to DUI?
<3 f00