Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLACUDA or FLACCL to use gfx's CUDA's for convert/rip to FLAC (December 2016) (Read 2523 times) previous topic - next topic

FLACUDA or FLACCL to use gfx's CUDA's for convert/rip to FLAC (December 2016)

This subject have been up before. But I wanted to make a new subject, because some of the post was about gtx 260 cards. And I guess a lot have changed since 2008-2009. I have a NVidia gtx 1060 with a lot of horsepower, and wanted to investigate if I could use that for ripping to FLAC in EAC using my cards many CUDA cores. That's the optimal scenario. If there should be only other programs or DOS programs, I'm willing to use that as well, to test and compare the time with a normal CPU ripping to FLAC.
Only been reading about a program called FLACUDA that changed name to FLACCL, but maybe newer versions can handle the gtx 1060 card. Or maybe perhaps there's other programs.
Regards, and thanks.

Re: FLACUDA or FLACCL to use gfx's CUDA's for convert/rip to FLAC (December 2016)

Reply #2
ah okay. Sorry. New to this site. I was bind before. Didn't saw all those extra pages dating from 2008 until today.
I did also a test, you can see on Reply #473 – Today at 08:29:26 PM  :))

Btw, also kind of new to Foobar2000. Well been using EAC as ripper and Foobar as converter for a long time. But not going in depth of Foobar2000. Is it possible to use that Flaccl normaly for dos, and using it instead in Foobar2000? And maybe also in EAC when ripping and converting to FLAC?