Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Item Details Panel help needed (Read 715 times) previous topic - next topic

Item Details Panel help needed

Hi guys, after nearly a decade away i've decided to do some more work to a skin i was working on way back.
I've just run into an issue with the ID panel, i'm trying to set up an IF= ALBUM ARTIST,ARTIST,no return,ALBUM ARTIST line
For testing i'm using;
Code: [Select]
$ifequal(%album artist%,%artist%,YES,NO)$crlf()
AA %album artist% | A %artist%

The return is what has me confused,
If 'album artist' and 'artist' tag fields match, YES returns, that's fine, if i had no issues beyond that, i'd just remove it and make the NO; %album artist%.
However, if the track's AlbArtst field is empty ID will allow "%album artist%" to read/pull from the Artist/%artist% field.

this is the return on a track with Artist filled, Album Artist not;
Yes
AA Nine Inch Nails | A Nine Inch Nails

This is the return on a track with both fields filled and matching
Yes
AA Linkin Park | A Linkin Park

And this is one with both fields filled but different
Yes
AA Eminem | A Cas$his

But i can't get a NO return, which is what i want
If AA and A match, then no return, otherwise name the AA

Changing the track's %artist% tag and saving instantly reflects in the ID Panel where %album artist% is called.
I've combed through foobar and the 4-5 Stack Splitters the ID panel is within, but i can't find whatever i must be looking for in the way of some kinda 'FIND album artist, if nothing FIND artist' command or line, i also don't know how %album artist% came to be the only 'tag caller' with a space in it, anything else is last_played, play_counter, album_version etc.
Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Re: Item Details Panel help needed

Reply #1
Apologies if i haven't added enough info about my setup, i feel like this might be a core setting i need to change, or a line within
The Item Details Panel is being used in Columns UI - Horizonal Splitter>Panel Stack x4>

Reply #2
From the syntax reference:
$ifequal(A,B,C,D)       If the number A is equal to the number B, executes/returns C, otherwise executes/returns D.

$ifequal is not used for comparing strings, it's used for comparing numbers. Also, when comparing %album artist% to %artist% it's best to use $meta. Try it like this:

$if($strcmp($meta(album artist),$meta(artist)),YES,NO)

Reply #3
I must have never gotten around to checking if it only worked for numbers, i could have sworn i had used it for words before but obviously not, i'll have a toy with what you've suggested and report how it goes. thank you! :)

Reply #4
Yeah that's working fine now, has also helped with some other presets i was working on, thank you again.