Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback order - "logarithmic repetition" for efficient learning (Read 1219 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback order - "logarithmic repetition" for efficient learning

Hello guys,
I lack any programming skills, but I'm an enthusiastic language learner.
suppose you learn anything with audio. suppose you have 100 lessons in your playlist.
Can someone easily create a script for this scenario:
Today I have learned lesson 96. I press 96 and listen to the audio. then a repetition of 96-1 = 95. then of 95-2 = 93.  then of 93-3= 90.
Suppose that is enough repetitions for me, then I can progress to lesson 97, followed automatically by 96,94,91 and so on.
This results in last lessons repeating frequently (for long-term memory storage), and older - in bigger intervals.
So the script regards to the file one presses to hear first (let's call it "the head") and generates a certain amount of "tails".

I think this could benefit a lot of people-  language learners, music students and so on.
Anyone up for this short challenge?

Cheers
Adam