Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_xgeq (Read 250679 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #150
If You like the monkeys smile just do it Yourself, how do we, or the present know how smiley that monkey should be on Your system?

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #151
Xorn, or anyone else here, I'd like to know what program/hardware you use to measure the frequency change like you've shown in the 2nd picture. Super newb here and I can't seem to google my question to find out what you used. Thanks for what you've done with the plugin and the potential reply.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #152
Please doing arrows in keyboard to the left\right was the transition to the next frequency, and up\down adjustment decibels (as now).
And maybe changed gain range to +-18(20) dB?

/google translate/

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #153
This is a superior product.

I am using it to re-calibrate the output of a pair of BIC America Venturi V52 bookshelf speakers, produced in America circa 1992. Supposedly, the drivers of the V52 are homologous to the drivers of its latest successor, the Venturi DV52si (http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.php?bra...7&spkrID=37).

However, during the re-calibration process, I was wondering: what is the Q factor of the bands of this equalizer?

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #154
There are no fixed Q filters. Each band is designed in such a way that there is ideally no leakage into adjacent bands.

In other words: what you see is much closer to what you get compared to other graphic EQs.

Orange is only the 500 Hz band set to +12 dB. The frequency response will drop to 0dB at 400 Hz and 630 Hz (those are the center points of the adjacent bands).
Yellow is 500 Hz +12 dB and 400 Hz -12 dB. Now the frequency response will drop to -12 dB at 400 Hz.
"I hear it when I see it."

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #155
There are no fixed Q filters. Each band is designed in such a way that there is ideally no leakage into adjacent bands.

In other words: what you see is much closer to what you get compared to other graphic EQs.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #156
Xnor, I have a ''stupid'' question...

Is 1k25 = 1250 or 1025 ?

I'm almost sure it's 1250, but I still want to ask.

Thanks for the great component.

Alan

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #157
Yes, 1k25 = 1.25 kHz = 1250 Hz

@Rambo: Have you read the "usage" section in #1?

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #159
Yes, 1k25 = 1.25 kHz = 1250 Hz

@Rambo: Have you read the "usage" section in #1?

no i glossed over it before will try but like i said my experience with eq has been simple picking of the music genres and left it where it sounds the best. This eq is  rather  hard for me as i'm not well schooled in db's hrz etc. maybe someone could put up a screenshot of the eq set for rock, pop classical etc then i could duplicate them and play around with it. I'm sorry to drone on i'm just an old longshoreman but do want to learn what looks like a great piece of software! Before i forget is the default eq in foobar on the outputs page i'm a little confused with it. I'm only using onboard audio now which sounds pretty darn good but will put a sound card in soon. Thanks and regards. Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #160
I am not a fan of such genre presets. You should EQ your headphones or speakers in such a way that they sound "good" with a broad range of genres.

Maybe this helps:

For example, if you want more bass you raise the sliders around 100 Hz by a few dB.
The screenshot in #1 shows a slight boost in sub bass and cut in the bass range.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #161
I am not a fan of such genre presets. You should EQ your headphones or speakers in such a way that they sound "good" with a broad range of genres.

Maybe this helps:

For example, if you want more bass you raise the sliders around 100 Hz by a few dB.
The screenshot in #1 shows a slight boost in sub bass and cut in the bass range.

Thanks Xnor i will look this over and see if i can make some sense of it. Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #162
Ignore all the stuff above the piano.
At the bottom you see the frequency ranges, their labels, and above that adjectives that describe how it sounds if you boost that range.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #163
Ignore all the stuff above the piano.
At the bottom you see the frequency ranges, their labels, and above that adjectives that describe how it sounds if you boost that range.

Yes that certainly simplifies it for me, one more question if i may. When i installed your eq i noticed that although it installed into foobar i looked in the folder of components in the foobar folder on c: and it  was not there. I'm thinking this is not right? and if not, could you tell me how to properly install the eq. I appreciate all your help xnor! Kind regards Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #164
If you use the components page in the preferences, then the components will be installed to:
%APPDATA%\foobar2000\user-components

To enable it open the preferences, DSP Manager page, and activate/configure "Graphic Equalizer".

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #165
If you use the components page in the preferences, then the components will be installed to:
%APPDATA%\foobar2000\user-components

To enable it open the preferences, DSP Manager page, and activate/configure "Graphic Equalizer".

Hello, can you please tell me how to find the folder - %appdata%foobar2000\user-components\ i seem to be having brainfreeze because i have gotten to that folder before. As always thanks for all your help xnor! Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #166
You can just enter the path in your Explorer.
On my machine this resolves to: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #167
You can just enter the path in your Explorer.
On my machine this resolves to: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components

Hello xnor, for some darn reason i can't resolve that path it's not in explorer, maybe time for computer lessons? i seem to be having writer's block, i'm so ashamed! Can i get to the folder in the run cmnd? thanks xnor Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #168
Yes, you should be able to.

I have one last idea: In foobar2000 hold down shift and click on the File menu, click Browse configuration folder.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #169
Yes, you should be able to.

I have one last idea: In foobar2000 hold down shift and click on the File menu, click Browse configuration folder.

Hi xnor, Yes i figured it out i guess i was spacing it out i think due to all those times my father dropped me on my head he always said i used to trip on my own feet! Ha thanks for all your help will dig into this at long last. Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #170
I've found out that there is a small bug when importing saved equalization settings. Sometimes it imports wrong values, but if I re-open the file with settings, it is okay. (Sometimes the re-importing has to be done more times.)

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #171
It would be nice if this EQ had a UI component which could replace original EQ in user interface

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #172
It would be nice if this EQ had a UI component which could replace original EQ in user interface

Hey power, you should contact xnor on this forum about your idea for the ui change, he wrote that newer eq. Rick

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #173
He did contact me, but I honestly don't have the time to work on this.

foo_dsp_xgeq

Reply #174
He did contact me, but I honestly don't have the time to work on this.

That's cool xnor, you have done plenty enough, I just wanted to make sure he was aware. Regards Rick