Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NoCover-Image (Read 237899 times) previous topic - next topic

NoCover-Image

Reply #101
The default line in my Pretty Popup settings looks like this:

Code: [Select]
folder;cover;coverart;front;%ALBUM%;|C:\albumart\%ALBUM%;*

Should I just make it

folder;cover;coverart;front;%ALBUM%;|components\default

in this case?

NoCover-Image

Reply #102
If you change it to that second line: First, it will look for a folder image in the song's directory. 2nd, it will search for cover.* in the song's directory. 3rd, it will look for coverart.* in the song's directory. 4th it will look for front.* in the song's directory. 5th, it will search the song's directory for a file with the same name as the album. lastly it will look in your foobar components directory for default.* (which is the default no-cover image for albumart).

You might want to put just a * somewhere in there as a source so that it will display any image in the song's directory.. but that all depends on what you would like it to do. Also, if you are using C:\Albumart to store cover's by album name as evident by your first line you might want to keep that too. Maybe something like this is what you are looking for:

folder;cover;coverart;front;%ALBUM%;*;|C:\albumart\%ALBUM%;|components\default

NoCover-Image

Reply #103
If you change it to that second line: First, it will look for a folder image in the song's directory. 2nd, it will search for cover.* in the song's directory. 3rd, it will look for coverart.* in the song's directory. 4th it will look for front.* in the song's directory. 5th, it will search the song's directory for a file with the same name as the album. lastly it will look in your foobar components directory for default.* (which is the default no-cover image for albumart).

You might want to put just a * somewhere in there as a source so that it will display any image in the song's directory.. but that all depends on what you would like it to do. Also, if you are using C:\Albumart to store cover's by album name as evident by your first line you might want to keep that too. Maybe something like this is what you are looking for:

folder;cover;coverart;front;%ALBUM%;*;|C:\albumart\%ALBUM%;|components\default

Thanks for the excellent breakdown of what everything does. The second line is definitely what I want it to do. I don't use C:\albumart.. that's just there by default with Pretty Popup. I was just confused by the ";*" at the very end of the first line above.. I guess what I really want is precisely what I came up with in the second line. I'll go test that

Thanks!

NoCover-Image

Reply #106
made one for my goldish/black config

NoCover-Image

Reply #107
Here my first try for radio streams. A old Weltfunk from somewhere in the 60s.

NoCover-Image

Reply #108
i got a little question: my albumart always shows a random picture if there are *.jpegs in the album´s folder. is there a way to choose the right one if it´s not called "folder.jpeg" but for example "bandxyalbumzwFRONT". so that if the expression "front" appears, it should be this special picture?

NoCover-Image

Reply #109
i got a little question: my albumart always shows a random picture if there are *.jpegs in the album´s folder. is there a way to choose the right one if it´s not called "folder.jpeg" but for example "bandxyalbumzwFRONT". so that if the expression "front" appears, it should be this special picture?

Something like this should do the trick:

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*FRONT.jpeg

I might have messed up the $replace() part, since I'm doing this from memory, but the important thing is the *FRONT.

NoCover-Image

Reply #110
i use
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*front*
so "front" can be somewhere in the middle of the filename. and it can be any filetype

here are alle the strings i use:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*front*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*cover*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\*front*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\*cover*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\*
--$if($strcmp($left(%path%,7),http$char(58)$char(47)$char(47)),components\streaming.*,)
--$if($strcmp($left(%path%,7),cdda$char(58)$char(47)$char(47)),components\cdda.*,)
--components\default.*
might be useful for beginners

NoCover-Image

Reply #111
Stock photo, Tony Blair holding a sign and a Magritte reference.

1, 2, & 3

And some like Adult-ish ones using this girl's art.

1, 2, & 3
Lighten up, it's just foobar.

NoCover-Image

Reply #116
it is not my work

NoCover-Image

Reply #117
Here is my no-cover & radio images I've made using pics I found on the net.
Feel free to use them if you like 

NoCover-Image

Reply #118
I wanna join some strings with "if".

if that {
-components\albumart\%artist% - %album%.*
-components\albumart\%album%.*
-components\albumart\%directoryname%.*
-components\albumart\%artist%.*
}
dont exist,
use this:
-components\nocover\NoCover$rand(10).png

sorry, but I dont have talent to script it myself , if someone can help-me, please!!! post.

NoCover-Image

Reply #119
how I do to display a image if foobar is not playing a track, because here when it happens , the albumart stay blank.
-.- sorry by my english

Is possible to use rand method on Prety Popup to nocovers???

NoCover-Image

Reply #120
HYDE: regarding your first post, Album Art Panel will automatically try the next source in the list, if it can't find the first source it tries.  So just put the No-Cover source at the end of your list.

Regarding the second question, that's a little strange.  When no track is playing, Album Art Panel should display art for the selected track.

NoCover-Image

Reply #121

if that {
}
dont exist,
use this:

sorry, but I dont have talent to script it myself :P, if someone can help-me, please!!! post.

albumart's more recent versions support TAGZ. for a quick reference of basic TAGZ functions refer to titleformat_help.html in your foobar dir. I believe Though albumart autocycles through the list until something is found so if those first four do not find an image (if that dont exist) a fifth entry would be automatically searched. You may want to try:

If you are trying something more elaborate than you can add conditions like:
-$if(condition,components$char(47)albumart$char(47)%artist% $char(45) %album%.$char(42),)
etc. so that certain sources are not handled unless certain conditions are met (like genre, nowplaying, etc).

hope that helps

NoCover-Image

Reply #122
Use double-dash for no-cover albums.

AlbumArt can be configured to cycle through different "source groups", and can further be configured to bypass "no cover" files.

I think you should arrange the list like this one:

Alternative 1 for group 1
Alternative 2 for group 1
Alternative 3 for group 1
-Last alternative for group 1
Alternative 1 for group 2
Alternative 2 for group 2
-Last alternative for group 2
Alternative 1 for group 3
-Last alternative for group 3
--No cover group

With such grouping, AlbumArt tries from Alternative 1, 2, and so on in group 1 until it finds a file. 20 seconds later (configurable), it searches Alternative 1, 2, and so on in group 2. Then in group 3. And so on, bypassing the No cover group (unless you tell it to include that group).

Hope this helps.

NoCover-Image

Reply #123
Here my first try for radio streams. A old Weltfunk from somewhere in the 60s.
[a href="http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7958/radio8ky.png" target="_blank"]

NoCover-Image

Reply #124

if that {
}
dont exist,
use this:

sorry, but I dont have talent to script it myself , if someone can help-me, please!!! post.

albumart's more recent versions support TAGZ. for a quick reference of basic TAGZ functions refer to titleformat_help.html in your foobar dir. I believe Though albumart autocycles through the list until something is found so if those first four do not find an image (if that dont exist) a fifth entry would be automatically searched. You may want to try:

If you are trying something more elaborate than you can add conditions like:
-$if(condition,components$char(47)albumart$char(47)%artist% $char(45) %album%.$char(42),)
etc. so that certain sources are not handled unless certain conditions are met (like genre, nowplaying, etc).

hope that helps

Hmm, but how I do to translate it for Pretty Popup:
I've added others tags, but no cover rand dont work.

My pretty popup config is:
folder;cover;coverart;front;%ALBUM%;*;|C:\albumart\%ALBUM%;|components\nocover\*.*;|components\albumart\%artist% - %album%;|components\albumart\%album%;|components\albumart\%directoryname%;|components\albumart\%artist%