Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sort albums by label/publisher? (Read 1627 times) previous topic - next topic

Sort albums by label/publisher?

Fiddling around with foobar2000 and generally getting a hang for Columns UI. Got a preliminary layout going, but I'm willing to change it as I go along. There's one thing I'm wondering, though. I wanna be able to sort music by things besides the default Artist/Year/Genre/Album/All-of-the-Above, specifically Publisher, Contributing Artists and Writer. I've been looking around in Preferences, and I can see a way to do that, but I'm a complete noob at this, and am not really sure what to do to get it work properly. All the info in the other categories looks daunting, though I'm quite positive it's simple once I know how to look at it. I uploaded a picture in case I explained what I want to do horribly.

I'm also entertaining the possibility this isn't even the correct part of the program to do this. Anyone able to help?

Reply #1
Try using multiple Columns UI Filter panels (or Facets for DUI) instead.

Each filter panel can list values from a specific field and they can work together allowing you to compose the kind of playlists you are looking for much easier.

Reply #2
So you've read the documentation?

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...nces:Album_List

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...rmat_Album_List

This:
Code: [Select]
%publisher%|%<artist>%|%album%|[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber %title%

...is about as simple as title formatting gets. Also, it covers no corner cases, so there's that.

All I did was take the default "by artist" string and add %publisher%| to the front of it. %publisher% is likely your tag and the | character performs the branching operation, as the documentation describes.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
Thanks for the pointers both of you.