Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wireless headphones with mic (Read 2123 times) previous topic - next topic

Wireless headphones with mic

I am looking to get some headphones for my brother. Based on the advice of people here last year I got him some Sennheiser headphones complete with attached microphone. They are wonderfully comfy and made for a good sound too.

Unfortunately he managed to dislodge the wire such that sound only came through one side. He has done something similar with several pairs of cheap headphones I've given him.

So, rather than strap a tank to his head I want some headphones that have no wire for him to destroy, but to further limit my choice I need one with a microphone.

Suggestions? Budget will flex to accommodate. Looking for a good sound, and I presume this particular market is not exactly large.

Reply #1
Don't know much but as no one's replied:
Some headphones have detachable cables. Some Sennheisers do I think as well as others. It's a shame it's not more common as cables can be quite brittle. You may want to look on head-fi and get a DIYer to replace your broken cables.
Wireless microphones are quite common.
The only wireless headphone and mic solution I could suggest would be rather tank like I'm afraid: Wireless USB hub to sound card, both battery powered, glued onto the headphones .

Reply #2
Hmmm, in that case a recommendation for a decent headset with mic with detachable cable please

Reply #3
The sennheiser HD580s I used to have had removable cables. Didn't think much of these headphones but many people like them a lot.