Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 286423 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

Reply #25
I'm really confused about how to configure REACT and what I need. I have:

EAC in D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy .95
WaveGain in D:\Audio\WaveGain
LAME in D:\Audio\LAME\3.97b1

I want to:
Rip a CD
Use album gain
Encode MP3s to H:\TAGZ\-MB\Archive (high quality)
Encode MP3s to H:\TAGZ\-MB\Portable (low quality)
Delete the wav files

I've setup EAC to use REACT but as I look at the ini file I'm lost.
Do I need to comment all the entries that are not LAME and if so how?
Do I need to change anything other than the WaveGaine path in the Settings section to make it do what I want?
Do I need ACDIR?
Do I need to use the image/cuesheet option and will that mean the gain, track splitting and encoding will be done?

Thanks.

Reply #26
You have access to all parameters that can be passed to the encoder:
Q:Which flags can I use in the external compression scheme "User Defined
   MP3 Encoder"?
A:In the field "Additional command line options" you could use
   replacements for the selectable options :

%s        Source filename
    %d        Destination filename
    %h...%h   Text "..." only when "High quality" selected
    %l...%l   Text "..." only when "Low quality" selected
    %c...%c   Text "..." only when "CRC checksum" selected
    %r        Bitrate ("32".."320")
    %a        CD artist
    %g        CD title
    %t        Track title
    %y        Year
    %n        Track number
    %m        MP3 music genre
    %o        Original filename (without temporary renaming)
    %e        Comment (as selected in EAC)
    %b        CRC of extracted track
    %f        freedb ID
    %x        Number of tracks on album

It seems that only %a = "CD artist" is passed if the doc is correct. However, I would guess when "Various artists" is checked, it is the "Track artist" that is passed (because the CD artist is always "Various"). Unfortunately the external encoder program - in this case REACT - can therefore not know whether the "Various artists" was checked or not.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327260"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So there's no way to use @album artist@ as a replacement variable? Too bad. <Sigh> It works in file naming in EAC, though.

@wolfsong:

Do I need to comment all the entries that are not LAME and if so how?  No you don't.

Do I need to change anything other than the WaveGaine path in the Settings section to make it do what I want?  Don't forget to specify the path for your encoders (or include them in your PATH=).

Do I need ACDIR? Only if you plan to encode to a lossless image file instead of individual tracks.

Do I need to use the image/cuesheet option and will that mean the gain, track splitting and encoding will be done?  Not sure about that one. Haven't tried image/cuesheet encoding yet.

cheers
kindofblue
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #27
@wolfsong:

Do I need to comment all the entries that are not LAME and if so how?  No you don't.

Do I need to change anything other than the WaveGaine path in the Settings section to make it do what I want?  Don't forget to specify the path for your encoders (or include them in your PATH=).

Do I need ACDIR? Only if you plan to encode to a lossless image file instead of individual tracks.

Do I need to use the image/cuesheet option and will that mean the gain, track splitting and encoding will be done?  Not sure about that one. Haven't tried image/cuesheet encoding yet.

cheers
kindofblue
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327965"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So far nothing happens after the the extraction is complete. All I get is the wav and cuesheet.

Reply #28
Could you post your config file?

Reply #29

Reply #30
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327980"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Code: [Select]
[Settings]
Version=0.983
EAC=D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy .95\EAC.exe
WaveGain=D:\Audio\WaveGain\WaveGain.exe
LogFile=D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy .95\REACT_log.txt
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$--$album$--@year@
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
MinimizeCompressionWindow=
ProcessPriority=1
ImageMenuString=&Action|Copy &Image && Create CUE Sheet|Compressed...
SaveWaveformString=Save Waveform
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]

[lame-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create lame -V2 mp3 files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --nohist "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "T@track@/@numtracks@,REACT+lame -V2"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[lame-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained lame -V4 mp3 image
ImageExt=mp3
CuesheetExt=cue
WaveGainAnalysis=2
WaveGainExtraOpt=
1=>lame.exe -V4 --vbr-new --nohist --noreplaygain --scale @scale@ "@source@" "@image@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "(RG: @gain@, @curdate@)" --tn @numtracks@ --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "REACT+lame -V4 --vbr-new"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[flashplayer-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create lame -V6 mp3's and send to portable player
dest1=@removabledrive1@\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --nohist "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "T@track@/@numtracks@,REACT+lame -V6"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[flashplayer-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained lame -V6 mp3's with acdir, and send to portable player
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=--gain 3
outdir1=@removabledrive1@\$artist$ - $album$
1=>acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qRG: @gain@=>92dB; #T @numtracks@; lame-V6$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[fhgacm-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create Fhg ACM MP3 files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_FHG\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>acmenc.exe -p fiis-pro -b @bitrate@ --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "REACT + FhG Pro ACM" "@source@" "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[fhgacm-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create Fhg ACM MP3 image
ImageExt=mp3
CuesheetExt=cue
1=>acmenc.exe -p fiis-pro -b @bitrate@ --id3v1-only --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "REACT + FhG Pro ACM" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[itunes-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create iTunes AAC files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\AAC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.aac
1=>iTunesEncode.exe -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -n "@track@" -t "@title@" -y "@year@" -g "@genre@" -c "REACT + iTunes" -i "@source@" -o "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[itunes-image]
DESCRIPTION=itunes-image. Not available.
1=>pause

[mpc-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create mpc files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MPC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mpc
1=>mppenc.exe --overwrite --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --title "@title@" --track "@track@" --year "@year@" --genre "@genre@" --comment "@comment@" "@source@" "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[mpc-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained mpc files with acdir from wav image
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MPC\$artist$ - $album$
1=>acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mpc" --pipe "mppenc.exe --overwrite --scale @scale@ --artist $#a --album $#T --title $#t --track $#n --releasedate $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} --comment $q@comment@$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[apeogg-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create ogg -q 5 files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\OGG_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.ogg
1=>oggenc2.exe -q 5 "@source@" -o "@dest1@" --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --title "@title@" --tracknum "@track@" --date "@year@" --genre "@genre@" -c "COMMENT=@comment@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[apeogg-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create Monkey's Audio image with RG tags and embedded cuesheet, and RG album gained ogg -q 3 files
ImageExt=ape
CuesheetExt=ape.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\OGG_PORTABLE\$artist$ - $album$
1=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -t "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -t "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "COMMENT=@comment@" MAC.exe "@source@" "@image@" -c2000
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.ogg" --pipe "oggenc2.exe -q 3 --scale @scale@ --artist $#a --album $#T --title $#t --tracknum $#n --date $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} -c $qCOMMENT=@comment@$q -o $#o $x -" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>if errorlevel 1 pause
5=>del "@source@"

[flac-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create flac files with replaygain ogg tags
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\FLAC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.flac
1=>flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@dest1@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T TRACKNUMBER="@track@" -T TITLE="@title@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="@comment@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[flac-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create flac image with APEv2 embedded cuesheet and ogg replaygain tags
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
1=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="@comment@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[wavpack-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create wavpack files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\WAVPACK\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.wv
1=>wavpack.exe -h -m -y -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "TITLE=@title@" -w "TRACK=@track@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "COMMENT=@comment@" "@source@" "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[wavpack-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create wavpack image with APEv2 RG tags and embedded cuesheet
ImageExt=wv
CuesheetExt=wv.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
1=>wavpack.exe -h -m -y -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "COMMENT=@comment@" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"
I'd also like it to encode again with -V 0 --vbr-new but I don't know where I'm supposed to add it.

Reply #31
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but finally figured I would just ask for some help.

I want to create individual flac and ogg tracks created from a single wavegained .wav image of a CD, and then track replaygain the ogg files (the flac files can do this during encoding) and finally delete the .wav image when all done.

That way I end up with Album wavegained and track replaygained flac files for backup and PC listening and ogg files for portable listening on my Palm.

I figured I should approach this as if I were creating a .wav image and then use ACDIR to split out both individual flac and ogg files.  Is this the best way to do this?

Also is it possible to add in next line after the ogg encoding vorbisgain comand lines to track gain the ogg files?

If this is all possible could someone create a sample .ini outline of how this all works out.  I also am getting confused in the tagging syntax differences between ACDIR and REACT.

I'll try it out in the meantime.  Thanks for the help.

Reply #32
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but finally figured I would just ask for some help.

I want to create individual flac and ogg tracks created from a single wavegained .wav image of a CD, and then track replaygain the ogg files (the flac files can do this during encoding) and finally delete the .wav image when all done.

That way I end up with Album wavegained and track replaygained flac files for backup and PC listening and ogg files for portable listening on my Palm.

I figured I should approach this as if I were creating a .wav image and then use ACDIR to split out both individual flac and ogg files.  Is this the best way to do this?

Also is it possible to add in next line after the ogg encoding vorbisgain comand lines to track gain the ogg files?

If this is all possible could someone create a sample .ini outline of how this all works out.  I also am getting confused in the tagging syntax differences between ACDIR and REACT.

I'll try it out in the meantime.  Thanks for the help.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.uninformative.com/flacattack]Flacattack[/url] can also do what you are looking for. Don't mean to steal this thread, just offering an alternative solution.

Reply #33
ponchorage, thanks for the suggestion - I'll check it out.

Edit:[/i] Does FlacAttack support wavegain?

Reply #34
@wolfsong
Here is how you create album gained lame mp3 tracks in both archive and portable quality. Simplest way is to use ACDIR and rip in image mode (F10): Use this ini file:
Settings]
Version=0.983
EAC=D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy .95\EAC.exe
WaveGain=D:\Audio\WaveGain\WaveGain.exe
LogFile=D:\Audio\Exact Audio Copy .95\REACT_log.txt
ImageHotkey={F10}
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=1

[lame-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained lame -V2 and -V6 mp3 tracks using ACDIR
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=H:\TAGZ\-MB\Archive\$artist$ - $album$
outdir2=H:\TAGZ\-MB\Portable\$artist$ - $album$
1=>D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "D:\Audio\LAME\3.97b1\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAlbum gained: @gain@; #T @numtracks@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir2@\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "D:\Audio\LAME\3.97b1\lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAlbum gained: @gain@; #T @numtracks@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
3=>if errorlevel 1 pause
4=>REM del "@cuesheet@"
5=>del "@source@"

@Gabes Dad: Currently, it is very difficult to create files with both album and track gain info with REACT. I will look into this in the next release. You should however, be able to create both flac and ogg album gained files by using the method described for wolfsong (personally I avoid track gaining). You must replace the lame -V2 command with a flac line, and lame -V6 with an oggenc2 line.

/ADD 1: The flac line should look something like:
D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.flac" --pipe "D:\Audio\FLAC\flac.exe -f -T ARTIST=$#a -T ALBUM=$#T -T TITLE=$#t -T TRACKNUMBER=$#n -T DATE=$#r{DATE} -T GENRE=$#r{GENRE}  COMMENT=$q@comment@$q -T REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=$q@gain@$q REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=$q@peak@$q - -o $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"

/ADD 2: If you add --replay-gain to the flac command it should set both a REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN and a REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN tag. If the -T REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN is applied after that, you should get both tags correct.

/ADD 3: Just tried. It didn't work . --replay-gain is applied after the tagging options.

Reply #35
ponchorage, thanks for the suggestion - I'll check it out.

Edit:[/i] Does FlacAttack support wavegain?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.uninformative.com/wack]Wack[/url] does. It is very similar to Flacattack and will also do what you're tyring to accomplish.

Reply #36
/EDITED: You have to use metaflac after encoding, because flac doesn't allow --replay-gain with stdin wav-data. See next post.

Reply #37
@Gabes Dad: If you overwrite album gain tags using Tag.exe after metaflac --add-replay-gain, you should get FLAC tracks with album/track gain/peak + OGG album gained scaled tracks.
[flac_ogg-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album/track gained flac tracks + album gained ogg tracks.
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=D:\Music\FLAC\$artist$ - $album$
outdir2=D:\Music\OGG\$artist$ - $album$
1=>D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.flac" --pipe "D:\Audio\FLAC\flac.exe -f  -T ARTIST=$#a -T ALBUM=$#T -T TITLE=$#t -T TRACKNUMBER=$#n -T DATE=$#r{DATE} -T GENRE=$#r{GENRE}  COMMENT=$q@comment@$q -o $#o -" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>for %%i in ("@outdir1@\*.flac") do D:\Audio\FLAC\metaflac.exe --add-replay-gain "%%i"
3=>D:\Audio\TAG\Tag.exe -t REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN="@gain@" -t REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK="@peak@" "@outdir1@\*.flac"
4=>D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir2@\$n - $t.ogg" --pipe "D:\Audio\VORBIS\oggenc2.exe --scale @scale@ --artist $#a --album $#T --title $#t --tracknum $#n --date $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} -c $qCOMMENT=@comment@$q -o $#o -" "@sourcecuesheet@"
5=>if errorlevel 1 pause
6=>del "@cuesheet@"
7=>del "@source@"

Reply #38
Interesting. So with this setup you rip to a WAV image and end up with individual lossless files?

I think Andre Wiethoff has promised inclusion of a Test and Copy Image command for the next EAC release. That would dovetail nicely with this method.

@tycho: for the next release could you consider adding @album artist@ or @CDartist@ as a substitution variable?

thanks for all your work on this tool.

regards,
kindofblue

Reply #39
tycho, thanks for the advice.  Still trying to get it to work, but I have a question while I'm doing a test run.

By default, wavegain in REACT is set to only calculate and output the scaling factor, but not change the wav file itself.  Is it possible to put the -y argument in the WaveGainExtraOpt parameter to apply the scaling factor to the wav image before encoding so that one will not have to use the scale factor with each encoder?

This would create files that would be scaled to an album gain calculated value without neading a replaygain album gain tag.

Does this method create quality issues?

Thanks for the help.

Reply #40
By default, wavegain in REACT is set to only calculate and output the scaling factor, but not change the wav file itself.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328492"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was afraid that might be the case. I actually want the gain applied to the wav file.

@tycho
I tried your settings and although I was able to create the two files I wanted, one of the tracks came back empty but the error file gave no indication of a problem. Is there a verbose logging?

Reply #41
Gabes Dad: Yes, you may set WaveGainExtraOpt=--apply in order to apply the changes to the wave file. It has no perceivable quality loss, but you will loose the original RG information, which is sometimes nice to know. You don't need to apply the values on lossless formats, because Foobar2k and other software players can play back your files with RG values applied.

wolfsong: Sorry that the setup didn't work for you. I can't see anything immediately wrong with it. To me it sounds like it was something else that went wrong. PS: You shouldn't add the --apply to wavegain, because you apply the RG values through the --scale option in the lame commands instead, which is the recommended way.

Reply #42
wolfsong: Sorry that the setup didn't work for you. I can't see anything immediately wrong with it. To me it sounds like it was something else that went wrong.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328513"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree but can't tell from the log file what went wrong. I just get the error during the encoding and nothing gets captured.

----- [lame-image] ----- 2005-09-19 22:16:17
@echo Disc info   : "Eels" - "Blinking Lights And Other Revelations (disc 2)"
@echo Description : "Create RG album gained lame -V2 and -V6 mp3 tracks using ACDIR"
D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "H:\TAGZ\-MB\Archive\Eels - Blinking Lights And Other Revelations (disc 2)\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "D:\Audio\LAME\3.97b1\lame.exe -V0 --vbr-new --scale 1.0 --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAlbum gained: 0.0; #T 16$q - $#o" "H:\TAGZ\-BOOST\Ctmp54266-react.cue"
D:\Audio\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "H:\TAGZ\-MB\Portable\Eels - Blinking Lights And Other Revelations (disc 2)\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "D:\Audio\LAME\3.97b1\lame.exe -V4 --scale 1.0 --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAlbum gained: 0.0; #T 16$q - $#o" "H:\TAGZ\-BOOST\Ctmp54266-react.cue"
if errorlevel 1 pause
REM del "H:\TAGZ\-BOOST\CDImage.wav.cue"
del "H:\TAGZ\-BOOST\Ctmp54266.wav"

PS: You shouldn't add the --apply to wavegain, because you apply the RG values through the --scale option in the lame commands instead, which is the recommended way.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328513"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
But will scale work on all players, in particular portable ones? I still have all of the CDs so I don't have a need currently to convert them back to audio CDs but I am thinking that at some point I should have a true backup of all my CDs that I can do this with. Right now I just don't have the storage space.

My primary use of these files is to have music while I'm on the go (quality should be good enough to not miss the CDs but file size is of greater concern) and while at home (quality can be greater here if needed and increase in file size is acceptable) when sitting at the PC or streaming throughout the house to another computer or player where foobar is not an option. I normally use QCD/QMP for playback, not foobar.

If I still wanted to apply the RG values would I need to change anything else in the configuration? Remove the scale options perhaps?

Thanks.

Reply #43
@tycho

I'm having some problems with your app and EAC 0.9b4.
I know this is an old EAC version, but this is the only version that works with my notebook drive when it comes to writing CD-R.

Once launched React 0.983 and hitting Yes, EAC starts but it crashes immediately (small windows from the center of the screen moving towards bottom right and I can not read the content of the windows) and I can't use it anymore; I've tried to reinstall eac, erase registry entry but nothing happens. Simply EAC doesn't run.

This is ini file created:
[/CODE]
[Settings]
Version=0.983
EAC=C:\Audio Tools\EAC_Old\EAC.exe
WaveGain=WaveGain.exe
LogFile=C:\Audio Tools\EAC_Old\REACT_log.txt
ImageHotkey={F10}
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1

[lame-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create lame -V2 mp3 files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --nohist "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "T@track@/@numtracks@,REACT+lame -V2"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[lame-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained lame -V2 mp3 image
ImageExt=mp3
CuesheetExt=cue
WaveGainAnalysis=2
WaveGainExtraOpt=
1=>lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --nohist --noreplaygain --scale @scale@ "@source@" "@image@" --id3v1-only --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "(RG: @gain@, @curdate@)" --tn @numtracks@ --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "REACT+lame -V2 --vbr-new"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[flashplayer-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create lame -V6 mp3's and send to portable player
dest1=@removabledrive1@\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --nohist "@source@" "@dest1@" --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "T@track@/@numtracks@,REACT+lame -V6"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[flashplayer-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained lame -V6 mp3's with acdir, and send to portable player
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=--gain 3
outdir1=@removabledrive1@\$artist$ - $album$
1=>acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mp3" --pipe "lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qRG: @gain@=>92dB; #T @numtracks@; lame-V6$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[fhgacm-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create Fhg ACM MP3 files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MP3_FHG\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mp3
1=>acmenc.exe -p fiis-pro -b @bitrate@ --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --tt "@title@" --tn "@track@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "REACT + FhG Pro ACM" "@source@" "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[fhgacm-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create Fhg ACM MP3 image
ImageExt=mp3
CuesheetExt=cue
1=>acmenc.exe -p fiis-pro -b @bitrate@ --id3v1-only --ta "@artist@" --tl "@album@" --ty "@year@" --tg "@genre@" --tc "REACT + FhG Pro ACM" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[itunes-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create iTunes AAC files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\AAC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.aac
1=>iTunesEncode.exe -a "@artist@" -l "@album@" -n "@track@" -t "@title@" -y "@year@" -g "@genre@" -c "REACT + iTunes" -i "@source@" -o "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[itunes-image]
DESCRIPTION=itunes-image. Not available.
1=>pause

[mpc-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create mpc files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MPC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.mpc
1=>mppenc.exe --overwrite --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --title "@title@" --track "@track@" --year "@year@" --genre "@genre@" --comment "@comment@" "@source@" "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[mpc-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album gained mpc files with acdir from wav image
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\MPC\$artist$ - $album$
1=>acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.mpc" --pipe "mppenc.exe --overwrite --scale @scale@ --artist $#a --album $#T --title $#t --track $#n --releasedate $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} --comment $q@comment@$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[apeogg-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create ogg -q 5 files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\OGG_ARCHIVE\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.ogg
1=>oggenc2.exe -q 5 "@source@" -o "@dest1@" --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --title "@title@" --tracknum "@track@" --date "@year@" --genre "@genre@" -c "COMMENT=@comment@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[apeogg-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create Monkey's Audio image with RG tags and embedded cuesheet, and RG album gained ogg -q 3 files
ImageExt=ape
CuesheetExt=ape.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\OGG_PORTABLE\$artist$ - $album$
1=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" -t "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -t "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "COMMENT=@comment@" MAC.exe "@source@" "@image@" -c2000
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$n - $t.ogg" --pipe "oggenc2.exe -q 3 --scale @scale@ --artist $#a --album $#T --title $#t --tracknum $#n --date $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} -c $qCOMMENT=@comment@$q -o $#o $x -" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>if errorlevel 1 pause
5=>del "@source@"

[flac-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create flac files with replaygain ogg tags
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\FLAC\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.flac
1=>flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@dest1@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T TRACKNUMBER="@track@" -T TITLE="@title@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="@comment@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[flac-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create flac image with APEv2 embedded cuesheet and ogg replaygain tags
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
1=>wapet.exe "@image@" -f "CUESHEET=@cuesheet@" flac.exe -5 -f --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="@comment@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[wavpack-tracks]
DESCRIPTION=Create wavpack files
dest1=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music\WAVPACK\$artist$ - $album$\@track@ - $title$.wv
1=>wavpack.exe -h -m -y -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "TITLE=@title@" -w "TRACK=@track@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "COMMENT=@comment@" "@source@" "@dest1@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

[wavpack-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create wavpack image with APEv2 RG tags and embedded cuesheet
ImageExt=wv
CuesheetExt=wv.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
1=>wavpack.exe -h -m -y -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "COMMENT=@comment@" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>if errorlevel 1 pause
3=>del "@source@"

Thanks in advance for your support and sorry for my bad english

Reply #44
@BoneJazz: Sorry, you must use EAC 0.95. I have no plans to support older versions of EAC.

@wolfsong: change the lines "if errorlevel 1 pause" to simply "pause" for debuggin. You will then be able to see the error message from acdir. (acdir doesn't set a positive errorlevel on failure).

The lame --scale option *applies* the RG values (they are not only stored as metadata), so it will work on all players.

The following three methods creates roughly the same mp3's:
* WaveGain -r --apply file.wav ; lame file.wav file.mp3
* WaveGain -r --calculate file.wav ; lame --scale <scalevalue> file.wav file.mp3
* lame file.wav file.mp3 ; mp3gain /r file.mp3

Reply #45
Tycho

I've solved the problem cancelling my profiles, deleting the registry entries and restarting my machine (now Old EAC works again!!)

Anayway, thanks for your useful tool.

BoneJazz

Reply #46
@wolfsong: change the lines "if errorlevel 1 pause" to simply "pause" for debuggin. You will then be able to see the error message from acdir. (acdir doesn't set a positive errorlevel on failure).

The lame --scale option *applies* the RG values (they are not only stored as metadata), so it will work on all players.

The following three methods creates roughly the same mp3's:
* WaveGain -r --apply file.wav ; lame file.wav file.mp3
* WaveGain -r --calculate file.wav ; lame --scale <scalevalue> file.wav file.mp3
* lame file.wav file.mp3 ; mp3gain /r file.mp3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329780"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great and thanks.

Two more items. Is there a way to have all the tracks on a VA release saved to the same folder? Are foreign characters not handled well? I tried to rip a Sigur Rós disc and the rip itself went fine but once the encoding was complete I had two directories Sigur Rós and Sigur R=s and both were empty.

Reply #47
Tycho,

I Finally got the .ini file to at least create correct files, but I am still having a few problems:

* flac and ogg tags / scale values for album gain are only being written at 1.0 leading me to believe that wavgain is not doing it's job.

* vorbisgain is not running correctly after encoding oggs.

* as a sidenote, is it possible to have either the EAC log or the REACT log saved to archive file location as a record of quality?

Following is the .ini I used:
[Settings]
Version=0.983
EAC=G:\Programs\EAC\EAC.exe
WaveGain=G:\Programs\WaveGain\WaveGain.exe
LogFile=G:\Programs\EAC\REACT_log.txt
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=1

[flac_ogg_artist-image]
DESCRIPTION=Create RG album/track gained flac tracks + album gained ogg tracks.
ImageExt=wav
CuesheetExt=wav.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
WaveGainExtraOpt=
outdir1="G:\Archive Music\$artist$\$album$"
outdir2="G:\Music\$artist$\$album$"
1=>G:\Programs\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir1@\$a - $T - $n - $t.flac" --pipe "G:\Programs\FLAC\flac.exe -5 -f  -T ARTIST=$#a -T ALBUM=$#T -T TITLE=$#t -T TRACKNUMBER=$#n -T DATE=$#r{DATE} -T GENRE=$#r{GENRE} -T ENCODEDBY=$qEAC + REACT + flac 1.1.2$q -o $#o -" "@sourcecuesheet@"
2=>for %%i in ("@outdir1@\*.flac") do G:\Programs\FLAC\metaflac.exe --add-replay-gain "%%i"
3=>G:\Programs\Tag\Tag.exe -t REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN="@gain@" -t REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK="@peak@" "@outdir1@\*.flac"
4=>if errorlevel 1 pause
5=>G:\Programs\ACDIR\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@outdir2@\$a - $T - $n - $t.ogg" --pipe "G:\Programs\Ogg\Lancer_aoTuVb4\oggenc2.exe -q 4 --scale @scale@ --artist $#a --album $#T --title $#t --tracknum $#n --date $#r{DATE} --genre $#r{GENRE} -c $qENCODEDBY=EAC + REACT + Lancer aoTuVb4 ogg$q -o $#o -" "@sourcecuesheet@"
6=>G:\Programs\Ogg\VorbisGain.exe -r -a "@outdir1@\*.ogg"
7=>if errorlevel 1 pause
8=>del "@cuesheet@"
9=>del "@source@"

I checked all of my file paths and they appear to be correct.
Once again, thanks for the help.

Reply #48
Is there a variable for the first letter of the artist?

I use the Dir structure Music\A\AudioSlave\ etc

so for now REACT wont work for me.

Reply #49
maybe in the next release, there should be a sample in the ini file of ripping to a lossless image, and then splitting to mp3's, as i'm attempting it, and it is a slow and difficult process for someone not familiar w/ these sorts of things...

overall, this is a great tool.  thanks so much tycho.

edit:  lol, it appears we switched threads...  i thought i was posting on the other react thread.
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.