Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Resume last playback position on multiple files (Read 852 times) previous topic - next topic

Resume last playback position on multiple files

Playing a long audio file, once exiting the file and starting foobar2000 up later it automatically plays back the last opened file from where i exited it.

When opening another file and exiting that file though, playing the previously played track starts it from the start instead of where I last left off

Is there an easy method of letting each file remember where I last played it, so that each file has a resume point on exit

Not like a manual bookmark, but an automatic book mark, like saving the last played position on exit

Re: Resume last playback position on multiple files

Reply #1
I don't know if this does what you want, or even works anymore, but you could take a look at foo_uie_bookmarks.  I tried it out a few years ago and it seemed to work OK, but I didn't really have a use for it.  The forum link is https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=46612.0.

Reply #2
Just to say I've often wished for this feature in FB2k too. I'll check out the bookmarks component.

Reply #3
Skip Track component is a newer alternative. Saves bookmark positions to database (not writing to tags) and updates automatically. Can also add a %bookmark% column to playlist.