Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spotify for foobar (foo_input_spotify) New! (Read 57343 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spotify for foobar (foo_input_spotify) New!

Reply #50
Indeed ! Using your release binaries it works much better, lol. No more errors on startup.
I don't have the Spotify App, I'm using a web browser (I can of course install the app if needed). Will try with my wife's premium login as soon as she gets home.
I am definitely going to use your app for playlists, but for individual songs I guess I need to use Ctrl+U.
I'll report any issues.

Reply #51
A little teaser: I'm developing a plugin that can handle playlists as well =)
No Spotify Connect integration though (it's just not possible via available API).

Reply #52
That is definitely a teaser and some great news ! Thanks !
Any ETA or expected name so I can find it and try it when it's available ? ;)
Oh, and nevermind about Spotify Connect, we don't use it anyway.

Reply #53
Hey @paulb39 , here's an update in case you or somebody understands it :

I have installed the Spotify app, and connected with the Premium login credentials.
I have successfully used your app to generate a m3u playlist, which I have drag'n'dropped into foobar's Playlist View.
It works : the songs are there, with the relevant info downloaded from Spotify (artist, title, album, track number, etc.).

However, I still can't play them. The error is still the same, for example :
Code: [Select]
Unable to open item for playback (Object not found):
"spotify:track:74EvryuRQteh7iK4OOyKYv"

The Spotify component is installed (see attached pic). I downloaded it from here : https://github.com/paulb39/SpotifyToFoobar/releases
Also, foobar keeps endlessly asking me for the Spotify login and password. Like, everytime I single click on a Spotify track (see attached pic). It's like the login info is never stored anywhere, it's really annoying.
One last thing : foobar becomes incredibly unresponsive/laggy (CPU hog probably).

For the record I have foobar 1.5.1, which isn't the latest version but should be more than enough for such an old component, right ?
Here's what the Console is showing :

spotify log: 13:29:10.338 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.gslb.spotify.com:4070
spotify log: 13:29:13.396 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 35.190.242.230:4070
Opening track for loading album art from Spotify: spotify:track:74EvryuRQteh7iK4OOyKYv
Creating album art extractor for Spotify track link
Initializing album art extractor for Spotify link
Opening track for loading album art from Spotify: spotify:track:74EvryuRQteh7iK4OOyKYv
Loading cover image from Spotify
Unsupported image type for Spotify album or track link
spotify log: 13:29:16.775 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 0, get-image)
Autobackup: Backed up 387 items to autobackup.20200926-152916.zip
Opening track for loading album art from Spotify: spotify:track:28TT4jY3AzNVSf5NYfVtDx
Opening track for loading album art from Spotify: spotify:track:28TT4jY3AzNVSf5NYfVtDx
spotify log: 13:29:26.927 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 0, get-image)
Opening track for playback: "spotify:track:28TT4jY3AzNVSf5NYfVtDx"
"spotify:track:28TT4jY3AzNVSf5NYfVtDx"
Minibar scanning spotify:track:28TT4jY3AzNVSf5NYfVtDx
Track couldn't be analyzed

Then some time later :

spotify log: 13:34:06.839 E [ap:3915] Connection error:  112
spotify log: 13:34:51.029 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.gslb.spotify.com:4070
spotify log: 13:34:51.042 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 35.190.243.145:4070
spotify log: 13:34:51.159 E [ap:1694] AP Socket Error: Connection closed by peer (10053)
spotify log: 13:34:51.159 E [ap:3915] Connection error:  112
spotify log: 13:35:58.720 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.gslb.spotify.com:80
spotify log: 13:35:58.741 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 35.190.242.40:80
spotify log: 13:35:58.817 E [ap:1694] AP Socket Error: Connection closed by peer (10053)
spotify log: 13:35:58.817 E [ap:3915] Connection error:  112

Reply #54
Hmm, that is very odd. I can play that song no problem:

spotify log: 16:28:09.712 E [ap:4172] ChannelError(0, 0, get-image)
spotify log: 16:28:10.312 I [c:/Users/spotify-buildagent/BuildAgent/work/1e0ce8a77adfb2dc/client/core/protocol/file_streamer_simple.cpp:769] Request for file 0e9a8c5412e64816cadb1382e115635834baeff7 complete (code: 0)
spotify log: 16:28:10.762 I [c:/Users/spotify-buildagent/BuildAgent/work/1e0ce8a77adfb2dc/client/core/protocol/file_streamer_simple.cpp:769] Request for file 0e9a8c5412e64816cadb1382e115635834baeff7 complete (code: 0)
spotify log: 16:28:27.672 I [c:/Users/spotify-buildagent/BuildAgent/work/1e0ce8a77adfb2dc/client/core/protocol/file_streamer_simple.cpp:769] Request for file 0e9a8c5412e64816cadb1382e115635834baeff7 complete (code: 0)

Do you get the same results using the plugin builds listed here (v5 and v6)?: https://github.com/FauxFaux/foo_input_spotify/wiki

I am using foobar 1.5.4

Reply #55
Any ETA or expected name so I can find it and try it when it's available ? ;)
No ETA, but I will post it here on HA once it's ready for the release =)
(there are only two thing left to implement: GUI for authentication and proper error handling)

Reply #56
Do you get the same results using the plugin builds listed here (v5 and v6)?: https://github.com/FauxFaux/foo_input_spotify/wiki
Yes, I have uninstalled the previous one and installed this one : https://b.goeswhere.com/foo_input_spotify-v006.zip (BTW in foobar all versions still appear as 0.0.4 among the components)
Two things have changed (one bad and one good) :
- It's a debug build, so I get that annoying message on each startup
- It doesn't ask endlessly for Spotify login info, only once (because now I have the "remember the info" checkbox on the dialog, which I didn't have previously - see my previous screen cap)

Those two things aside, nothing has changed : I can import playlists, it connects well with Spotify... but I still can't play anything : same "object not found" error, and same console (here's an excerpt) :

Opening track for playback: "spotify:track:7tySfDFfBiCjraLdoy6In5"
"spotify:track:7tySfDFfBiCjraLdoy6In5"
Minibar scanning spotify:track:7tySfDFfBiCjraLdoy6In5
Opening track for playback: "spotify:track:0cO3nUJorGtqyk3vE4nJGa"
"spotify:track:0cO3nUJorGtqyk3vE4nJGa"

Reverting to this version ( https://github.com/paulb39/SpotifyToFoobar/files/4880156/SpotifyToFoobarV2.zip ) doesn't change anything, except that I don't have the debug message anymore.

As for this version ( https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/stengerh/foo-input-spotify/artifacts/Release/foo_input_spotify.fb2k-component ) I can't access it : {"message":"Artifact not found or access denied."} . Probably because I don't have an AppVeyor account.

@TheQwertiest , fingers crossed ! Your component couldn't come at a better time for me, lol. I'll be happy to test its first release. Not being able to access Spotify through foobar is so frustrating !

Reply #57
Hey wcs13, I have a working version of foo_input_spotify from years ago that self-reports as v. 007 without any debug tags. I wish I had kept better notes on where I obtained this version from (unsure if it was stengerh, fauxfaux, or cpancake) but it has worked seamlessly throughout the years. I've uploaded it to this post as an fb2k file, but let me know if it suits your needs.

Reply #58
Album art is not displayed. Is it no longer available?

Reply #59
Jut FYI to anyone who finds this thread, Spotify shut down LibSpotify yesterday, so this plugin will no longer work. There's no alternative to the library, so looks like we won't be able to play songs via Foobar anymore.

Reply #60
Jut FYI to anyone who finds this thread, Spotify shut down LibSpotify yesterday, so this plugin will no longer work. There's no alternative to the library, so looks like we won't be able to play songs via Foobar anymore.

Well, now life just got even worse.  :/  Thanks for letting us know, I was wondering what was wrong.  Is it just Libspotify, or the whole API going south?  I guess I'll look it up, thanks again.
-Spikeypup
Woofity woof woof.  There... I did it! Are you happy now??? 🐕