Skip to main content

Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 16627 times) previous topic - next topic

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Biography Discussion
Reply #125
New Version: JScript Biography 0.7.6: Various optimisations.

• redorb
  • [*]
Reply #126
Thanks WilB!

• San_dr
  • [*]
Reply #127
Great work! My compliments!
 In my subjective opinion, such a shadow is more expressive.
http://savepic.net/9149094.htm
I propose to replace the line (I suppose so # 922 )
Code: [Select]
if (this.border > 1) gb.DrawImage(sh_img, 0, 0, Math.floor(tw + bor_w2 + imgb), Math.floor(th + bor_w2 + imgb), 0, 0, sh_img.Width, sh_img.Height);
replaced by

Code: [Select]
 if (this.border > 1) gb.DrawImage(sh_img, 7, 7, Math.floor(tw + bor_w2 + imgb-7), Math.floor(th + bor_w2 + imgb-7), 0, 0, sh_img.Width, sh_img.Height);
  • Last Edit: 07 April, 2017, 03:17:27 PM by San_dr

• jazzthieve
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #128
last.fm has added a new interesting feature to their biographies (reminiscent of what Rate Your Music is doing). Will you be adding the information from the factboxes to your bio component Wilb?

• Bratman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #129
Thanks for making this panel, anything to display album releases?

• jazzthieve
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #130
marc2003 has a musicbrainz jscript panel for that.

Reply #131
Would it be possible to set the display modes for artist bio and album review separately?

I already have an album art viewer, and the art is also displayed in the playlist view, so I have no need for it in the review pane, and would rather have it be dedicated to text. I do however, like the artist picture slideshow.

Also, would it be possible to change how many artist images are downloaded? I wouldn't mind having a few more.

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #132
@jazzthieve & San_dr. Requests should be in the next release.

@Bratman. YouTube Track Manager can display fully categorised lists of MusicBrainz releases + last.fm top albums, top tracks & top similar songs. It also offers interactive display of those items for similar artists. YouTube-related functionality doesn't have to be used.

@Climhazzard1997

Would it be possible to set the display modes for artist bio and album review separately?
It's possible, and I did try it, but found changing display modes at the same time as toggling between artist and album styles confusing. Have you considered changing the album art panel to JScript biography & using that to show covers in image only mode? It can easily be toggled to image + review or review only mode (menu or mouse middle click). The separate JScript biography could then be used for the slide show (or toggled to the text biographies). Another possibility is to use one of the panels for images and other for text, with use of simple left click toggles to change artist vs album.

I wouldn't mind having a few more... artist images.
The script auto-adds new artist images periodically (default every 28 days) [can be disabled in biography.ini]. So the number of images will rise. In that way the script selectively picks from the better images and aims to provide a good spread of images. If that's not adequate, the ability to fetch more each time could be added, but that increases the likelihood of some not so good images...
  • Last Edit: 19 April, 2017, 06:43:41 PM by WilB

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #133
New Version: JScript Biography 0.7.7

CHANGELOG

ADD: Some further info to last.fm biographies & album reviews, where available.

ADD: Option to display last.fm album ratings. Can be displayed in heading, on own line or embedded in text. Rating are calculated from the metacritic score, as used by last.fm, and are only available for albums having such a score (currently ~10,550 albums in total, starting in ~1999). The metacritic score can be independently shown / hidden. Settings are in panel properties (Rating... and Statistics...).

CHG: Refined image shadow effect as suggested by San_dr + improved shadow smoothing.

• San_dr
  • [*]
Reply #134
спасибо, WilB!
Rapid development, convenient application  :))

• tr0ner
  • [*]
Reply #135
Thanks again for the ongoing development Wil!

Is it possible to setup the plugin to also download covers for albums played over Upnp?
I use Foobar with the component foo_upnp (http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp) Bubbleupnp on my phone to play albums from my foobar library to various devices in my home.

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #136
I don't use UPnP, and don't currently have a suitable test set-up to check whether it's possible or what might be involved. It also seems that foo_upnp development has ceased.
  • Last Edit: 23 April, 2017, 07:47:58 PM by WilB

• redorb
  • [*]
Reply #137
Thanks WilB! Really appreciate your great work on Biography panel!

• ocram35
  • [*]
Reply #138
Hi WilB - big fan of your superb job! It enhances so much my music experience, to have these nice comments and one can immerse into the artist and the album. Thanks so much!

I have actually two tabs, one for album review, and one for biography, and I run there two frames, one preferring last.fm info, and then AMG. Love to compare their texts. So I have a good solution to see both.

There is one small issue though. Whenever only one source is available, of course I see the same text twice.This leads to my question - is there an opportunity to have a third preference in sources? It could be called "both if available".

I can send you screenshots how the two texts look quite nice, and give a good reading experience, with the two frames.

In any case, many thanks for your constant refinements and improvements!

Reply #139
Hi I have a request...
i use multiply tag for artist...in biography view only the first artist will be display...any chance to change automatic the second or more artist? or by click?