Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 127974 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #100
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.3

CHANGELOG

ADD: Option for All Music node expand/collapse to change panel height, e.g. so library tree only occupies a small space when not actively used. In this mode, typing in search also auto-expands the panel. Enable and set expand/collapse sizes in panel properties (ADV.Height...).

If the feature is used, note the following requirements and recommendations:
  - Back-up layouts, by exporting theme files (DUI) or fcl files (CUI), in case of unwanted sizing effects that, could arise if the next point isn't implemented
  - Must be another panel above or below library tree
  - "Node: Show All Music" has to be enabled in panel properties
  - N/A if library tree is in a panel stack splitter container

Reply #101
Thanks, WilB! Promptly fulfilled. :))
With customized Autokollapse has become much more convenient.

Reply #102
Thanks WilB for creating this plugin, it's made my layout much more functional.

I'm using library tree in conjunction with the jscript album art viewer - it works fine with "prefer now playing", but if I set it to "follow selected track", the artwork is not updated when the selection is changed. Is there a way around this?

Reply #103
There are 2 issues with what you're trying to do.

Unfortunately, my artwork panel does not update with library viewer selections, only playlist. I've updated the menu in the next version to avoid confusion. https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/commit/a102874eed63d74f8ec1dc127d7596bd623d3e6e

Secondly, this Library Tree script doesn't yet support updating the selection so even the default UI artwork panel wouldn't update. There is a way to do it with JScript Panel but it was a feature added by a previous developer when the component was under its original name of WSH panel mod. The original docs didn't really explain how to use it properly but I've just about figured it out. I need to update the docs with an example that WilB could implement in this script. I'll post back when that is done.

edit: I've drafted something here, hopefully it makes sense...

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/blob/deb88db224a247309ad8a3a82ae33ff77d6b2e8e/component/docs/Interfaces.txt#L63L123

Reply #104
WilB, thanks for this component, but is there any chance of being able to filter multiple of the same item?
ie: filter only one genre from a specific artist, filtering it to match 2 genre tags (Dance and Electro), and filtering to exclude certain tags.

Reply #105
@Blockdude. If I understand you correctly, then that depends on the filter Query used. Check out the foobar2000 Query syntax.

@Black_Over_Bills_Mothers
Code: [Select]
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%[|Disk %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%
Your above pattern is attempting to insert a conditional branch that the script doesn't support, as described in the documentation. It does handle the scenario by inserting a hyphen instead. The reasons for not supporting conditional branches have been discussed before. Essentially adding the feature would require re-writing much of the library handling in a different way, and since its running in jscript, that way would slow things down too much based on my tests.

The best patterns I quickly came up with are as follows:
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%[ - Disk %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%

@Lucidae & marc2003. There will be a new version shortly with library viewer selection support.

Reply #106
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.5

CHANGELOG

ADD: Library viewer selection support (thanks to marc2003 for info). Mostly, this improves interaction with default user interface album artwork panel. Most users won't notice much difference as it already worked through playlist selection.

@Lucidae: JScript biography album art panel, when set to follow selected track (uncheck "Menu > Sources > Now Playing"), has always given the behaviour you described with default library tree settings. Default user interface album artwork panel will also now work the way you want.

Reply #107
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.6

CHANGELOG

CHG: Re-worked library handling so that conditional branches are now supported, e.g. discnumber in example below:

View by Artist // %artist%|%album%[|Disc %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Speed is better than previous for initialisation of most views.

Reply #108
Hi WilB
Many thanks for this. I'll try it in the morning.

Reply #109
Hi WilB
GREAT! It works just fine. Thank you very much for your work on this script.

Reply #110
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.5

CHANGELOG

ADD: Library viewer selection support (thanks to marc2003 for info). Mostly, this improves interaction with default user interface album artwork panel. Most users won't notice much difference as it already worked through playlist selection.

Thanks for this update, exactly what I was hoping for!

I have another small request - could you add an option to change the panel edge style, so it can closer match other DUI elements?

Reply #111
Panel edge style can already be set: none, sunken or grey, in line with other components. This is controlled by JScript panel itself & not the script. To set: shift + right click Library Tree, choose configure & the "Edge Style" setting is at the bottom of the JScript Panel Configuration window.

Reply #112
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.7

CHANGELOG: Various optimisations

Reply #113
Hi WilB, I'm using your great script and I have another question.
Library Tree is a great substitute to Filter Columns UI panel and others.
But can I get a "playback playlist" behaviour? Like "Filter Results" and "Filter Results (Playback)" playlists in Filter panel? 
I have been using Filter Panel + Graphical Browser + marc2003 Playlist for a long time. I lost something very obvious or Filter Panel it's only to have this two default playlist behavior? Maybe with some plugin? Thanks a lot!

Reply #114
As far as I am aware only the facets/filter style library viewers offer a separate playback playlist, which it seems has to be selected by some type of playlist manager. So I didn't get on with the way that worked.

JScript Library Tree aims to retain the playing status of the playing track in the playlist (i.e. highlighted with playing symbol) when clicking on different nodes and then returning back to clicking on a node containing the playing track.

Reply #115
Hi WilB, looks like I found another one of your great works :)

So far it does everything I would want it to, except one small thing. I wonder if I missed a setting for it somewhere. The thing is that if you have 2 group levels (2x | sign), you can expand the tree 2 times (2x plus sign) to get all the way to the individual tracks, such as in your Album Artist View. But if you have only 1 group level, such as in your Album View, there is no plus sign so you can't expand the tree to see the individual tracks at all. Is it possible to have the plus sign displayed for only 1 group leve? Thanks a lot!

Reply #116
Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately a regression has arisen in v1.3.7. If the issue affects you, then v1.3.6 is working fine, until the issue is fixed.

Reply #117
Yeah, I can confirm that the issue is no longer present in v1.3.6, so I will be using that one until it's fixed. Thanks for the advice.

Reply #118
I found one more thing which doesn't work for me, not sure if it's a bug in the Library Tree or something in Foobar. When I use the | sign to add another group level inside an if condition, the code won't work. I know the conditions work for 1 level of grouping, so title formatting seems to be supported inside both the custom sort and view patterns of your Library Tree.

E.g. this code with 1 level of grouping works:
$if($strcmp(%directoryname%,Hudba),%directoryname%,%album artist% - %album% '['%date%']')
but this code with 2 levels doesn't:
$if($strcmp(%directoryname%,Hudba),%directoryname%|[%artist% - ]%title%,%album artist% - %album% '['%date%']'|%discnumber%.%tracknumber%. [%artist% - ]%title%)

Is there anything I need to change in order to make this work? Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Reply #119
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.8

CHANGELOG

FIX: Regression
FIX: Certain views with conditional branches weren't displaying properly

@culinko. The issues raised should be fixed.

Reply #120
Thank you for this library viewer. Best of the best. :3

.........  option for items counting.  It will be great if numbers in brackets can show correspondingly the number of sub-folders (artists) in genre folders, the number of albums in artist folders and the number of songs in album folders.

Is there some way to adjust the Item Counter to count (immediate)nodes within branch instead of total items? (like default library)
+ACDC (3)
+Album1 (11)
+Album2 (11)
+Album3 (11)

Currently it reports
+ACDC (33)
+Album1 (11)
+Album2 (11)
+Album3 (11)

Would you now consider these option in the future, for those of us who collect mainly albums instead of singles. Thanks you kindly.
Keep up the good work. This is brilliant

Reply #121
WilB, your JS plugins are really great!!
General question to your plugins (Library Tree, YTTM, Bio): is there a way to assign specific menu items, which are usually accessed by right mouse, to a button (eg most liked filters in the Library Tree)? If it requires specific coding, a small example would be great from where I could start create own buttons.
Thanks very much,
MojoBass

Reply #122
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.9

CHANGELOG

ADD: Improved sorting of multi-value items sent to playlist. As before a custom sort can also be used.
CHG: Node Item Count. Either sub-items counts or track counts (as before) can now be displayed. Set preference in panel properties.
ADD: Menu item (shift + right click) to batch create m-TAGS. Runs m-TAGS creator. Follow instructions on menu item. See documentation for full info.

@mojobass It's possible to create buttons in the script, by adding more onto the button_manger object. If you mean elsewhere then notify (search interfaces for notify) might be able to be used to communicate with another JScript panel containing the buttons, but I don't think it would work if the buttons were elsewhere.

Reply #124
@mojobass It's possible to create buttons in the script, by adding more onto the button_manger object. If you mean elsewhere then notify (search interfaces for notify) might be able to be used to communicate with another JScript panel containing the buttons, but I don't think it would work if the buttons were elsewhere.
Thank you very much for this Info. I will look into it (but not too sure if I am able to do adaptions in the buttom_manager...).