Skip to main content

Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 14438 times) previous topic - next topic

• GSmirnov
  • [*]
Re: Library Tree Discussion
Reply #75
Hi. View by Folder Structure doest`n work?

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #76
It's working for me. I tried on main + portable install + no one else has reported issues.  I assume you have the foobar2000 media library enabled and it contains music. Bear in mind common folders aren't displayed - it should look similar to DUI album list with view by folder structure for comparison.

• GSmirnov
  • [*]
Reply #77
It's working for me. I tried on main + portable install + no one else has reported issues.  I assume you have the foobar2000 media library enabled and it contains music. Bear in mind common folders aren't displayed - it should look similar to DUI album list with view by folder structure for comparison.

Oh. Sorry, my mistake. I use WSH panel =))
Now all working!

But I'm not sure that correctly understood the last sentence. Explain in detail please, if possible with screenshots
  • Last Edit: 03 March, 2017, 04:09:53 PM by GSmirnov

• Axonn
  • [*][*]
Reply #78
Hey :). I'm curious if there's any version of the script that has better formatting and/or comments. Right now some lines are more than 300 characters long and I keep wondering if there's something wrong I did when loading the script. It almost looks like it's generated from some other tool. If this is the way you write code, then please don't take my comment as an insult. I'm sure that you have your preferences and if that's the case, I definitely won't comment against somebody that has done such awesome work for free :). I am merely trying to browse & understand the code so that I may learn to do some JSPanel components myself.

• zeremy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #79
Hey :). I'm curious if there's any version of the script that has better formatting and/or comments. Right now some lines are more than 300 characters long and I keep wondering if there's something wrong I did when loading the script. It almost looks like it's generated from some other tool. If this is the way you write code, then please don't take my comment as an insult. I'm sure that you have your preferences and if that's the case, I definitely won't comment against somebody that has done such awesome work for free :). I am merely trying to browse & understand the code so that I may learn to do some JSPanel components myself.

Use http://jsbeautifier.org/ on the code .will help you browse it easier.

• Axonn
  • [*][*]
Reply #80
That's a pretty nice tool. Thank you! :). However, it's just a workaround. I am still wondering if the WilB has a better source somewhere. If not, I'm cool with that! :).

One more thing: do you know any other JSPanel components? Is there a repository for updated components (that work with the latest JSPanel)? I already have the "Smooth series" (br3tt). I'm trying to find more samples to look at :).

• San_dr
  • [*]
Reply #81
Hi Wilb!
I'm not a programmer and my English is bad, but I'll try :))))
good plugin, I use it at DUI,placing it under the standard playlist. (so that the coordinate "x" they have the same), and the horizontal separation between them moving manually, if necessary. Added to the script line "window.MinHeight=55;" (this can't reduce the window to zero and forget about it.) How to change the script so that when you turn on the player folder "All Music" was curtailed and the condition "window.MaxHeight = window.MinHeight" performed? But if clicked on the "minus" button (expand) to the left of the folder "All Music", or started "the search"- then the condition "window.MaxHeight" was terminated (false) , and the window was slightly extended in height (to get noticed and could manually increase the height of the window if you want) - for example "window.Height = window.MinHeight*3" , and when you click on the "plus" sign (collapse) "All Music" again became "window.MaxHeight = window.MinHeight" (true)

==============================
thought also that it can be easier to set two values of the height of the window selected by the user, and switch between them with the button "All Music" to expand/collapse
  • Last Edit: 12 April, 2017, 09:52:43 AM by San_dr

• jaysong
  • [*]
Reply #82
I am moving my music library to a new laptop where folder structure is changed.  I realize all those playlist files .fpl keep absolute folder structures like C:\Users\Jay\Documents\personal\foobar2000\Music library\.  I need to figure out a way to keep these file locations to be relative on the original laptop so that the new laptop can locate .cue files by a relative point.  Any ideas?  It'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks.  Jay

• colagen
  • [*]
Reply #83
I am moving my music library to a new laptop where folder structure is changed.  I realize all those playlist files .fpl keep absolute folder structures like C:\Users\Jay\Documents\personal\foobar2000\Music library\.  I need to figure out a way to keep these file locations to be relative on the original laptop so that the new laptop can locate .cue files by a relative point.  Any ideas?  It'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks.  Jay
It seems that your issue isn't related to Library Tree Jscript. You should start a new topic, in the "general" board

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #84
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.3

CHANGELOG

ADD: Option for All Music node expand/collapse to change panel height, e.g. so library tree only occupies a small space when not actively used. In this mode, typing in search also auto-expands the panel. Enable and set expand/collapse sizes in panel properties (ADV.Height...).

If the feature is used, note the following requirements and recommendations:
  - Back-up layouts, by exporting theme files (DUI) or fcl files (CUI), in case of unwanted sizing effects that, could arise if the next point isn't implemented
  - Must be another panel above or below library tree
  - "Node: Show All Music" has to be enabled in panel properties
  - N/A if library tree is in a panel stack splitter container

• San_dr
  • [*]
Reply #85
Thanks, WilB! Promptly fulfilled. :))
With customized Autokollapse has become much more convenient.

• Lucidae
  • [*]
Reply #86
Thanks WilB for creating this plugin, it's made my layout much more functional.

I'm using library tree in conjunction with the jscript album art viewer - it works fine with "prefer now playing", but if I set it to "follow selected track", the artwork is not updated when the selection is changed. Is there a way around this?
  • Last Edit: 14 June, 2017, 02:51:18 AM by Lucidae

• marc2003
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #87
There are 2 issues with what you're trying to do.

Unfortunately, my artwork panel does not update with library viewer selections, only playlist. I've updated the menu in the next version to avoid confusion. https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/commit/a102874eed63d74f8ec1dc127d7596bd623d3e6e

Secondly, this Library Tree script doesn't yet support updating the selection so even the default UI artwork panel wouldn't update. There is a way to do it with JScript Panel but it was a feature added by a previous developer when the component was under its original name of WSH panel mod. The original docs didn't really explain how to use it properly but I've just about figured it out. I need to update the docs with an example that WilB could implement in this script. I'll post back when that is done.

edit: I've drafted something here, hopefully it makes sense...

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/blob/deb88db224a247309ad8a3a82ae33ff77d6b2e8e/component/docs/Interfaces.txt#L63L123
  • Last Edit: 14 June, 2017, 01:45:59 PM by marc2003

• Blockdude
  • [*]
Reply #88
WilB, thanks for this component, but is there any chance of being able to filter multiple of the same item?
ie: filter only one genre from a specific artist, filtering it to match 2 genre tags (Dance and Electro), and filtering to exclude certain tags.

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #89
@Blockdude. If I understand you correctly, then that depends on the filter Query used. Check out the foobar2000 Query syntax.

@Black_Over_Bills_Mothers
Code: [Select]
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%[|Disk %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%
Your above pattern is attempting to insert a conditional branch that the script doesn't support, as described in the documentation. It does handle the scenario by inserting a hyphen instead. The reasons for not supporting conditional branches have been discussed before. Essentially adding the feature would require re-writing much of the library handling in a different way, and since its running in jscript, that way would slow things down too much based on my tests.

The best patterns I quickly came up with are as follows:
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%
View by Band // $if2($swapprefix([$meta(band,0)],A,The), 'Non Album')|$if($stricmp($meta(band,0),various artists),,['('%date%') '])%album%[ - Disk %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%

@Lucidae & marc2003. There will be a new version shortly with library viewer selection support.
  • Last Edit: 26 July, 2017, 06:07:33 AM by WilB

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #90
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.5

CHANGELOG

ADD: Library viewer selection support (thanks to marc2003 for info). Mostly, this improves interaction with default user interface album artwork panel. Most users won't notice much difference as it already worked through playlist selection.

@Lucidae: JScript biography album art panel, when set to follow selected track (uncheck "Menu > Sources > Now Playing"), has always given the behaviour you described with default library tree settings. Default user interface album artwork panel will also now work the way you want.

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #91
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.6

CHANGELOG

CHG: Re-worked library handling so that conditional branches are now supported, e.g. discnumber in example below:

View by Artist // %artist%|%album%[|Disc %discnumber%]|[%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Speed is better than previous for initialisation of most views.
  • Last Edit: 28 July, 2017, 06:45:04 AM by WilB

Reply #92
Hi WilB
Many thanks for this. I'll try it in the morning.

Reply #93
Hi WilB
GREAT! It works just fine. Thank you very much for your work on this script.

• Lucidae
  • [*]
Reply #94
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.5

CHANGELOG

ADD: Library viewer selection support (thanks to marc2003 for info). Mostly, this improves interaction with default user interface album artwork panel. Most users won't notice much difference as it already worked through playlist selection.

Thanks for this update, exactly what I was hoping for!

I have another small request - could you add an option to change the panel edge style, so it can closer match other DUI elements?
  • Last Edit: 02 August, 2017, 03:14:28 AM by Lucidae

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #95
Panel edge style can already be set: none, sunken or grey, in line with other components. This is controlled by JScript panel itself & not the script. To set: shift + right click Library Tree, choose configure & the "Edge Style" setting is at the bottom of the JScript Panel Configuration window.

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #96
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.7

CHANGELOG: Various optimisations

• miras
  • [*]
Reply #97
Hi WilB, I'm using your great script and I have another question.
Library Tree is a great substitute to Filter Columns UI panel and others.
But can I get a "playback playlist" behaviour? Like "Filter Results" and "Filter Results (Playback)" playlists in Filter panel? 
I have been using Filter Panel + Graphical Browser + marc2003 Playlist for a long time. I lost something very obvious or Filter Panel it's only to have this two default playlist behavior? Maybe with some plugin? Thanks a lot!

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #98
As far as I am aware only the facets/filter style library viewers offer a separate playback playlist, which it seems has to be selected by some type of playlist manager. So I didn't get on with the way that worked.

JScript Library Tree aims to retain the playing status of the playing track in the playlist (i.e. highlighted with playing symbol) when clicking on different nodes and then returning back to clicking on a node containing the playing track.
  • Last Edit: 28 August, 2017, 08:30:42 AM by WilB

• culinko
  • [*][*]
Reply #99
Hi WilB, looks like I found another one of your great works :)

So far it does everything I would want it to, except one small thing. I wonder if I missed a setting for it somewhere. The thing is that if you have 2 group levels (2x | sign), you can expand the tree 2 times (2x plus sign) to get all the way to the individual tracks, such as in your Album Artist View. But if you have only 1 group level, such as in your Album View, there is no plus sign so you can't expand the tree to see the individual tracks at all. Is it possible to have the plus sign displayed for only 1 group leve? Thanks a lot!
  • Last Edit: 29 August, 2017, 09:23:39 AM by culinko