Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugins for ripping / meta tagging / fingerprinting (Read 1348 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugins for ripping / meta tagging / fingerprinting

Hey all,

I recently moved to a new system and lost a lot of my old library info (much of which was outdated and setup with MusicIP Mixer anyways). I used to use fb2k rarely and set up some basic stuff, but I used EAC and Music Magic Mixer for ripping, fingerprinting, tagging, batch action etc. I know fb2k is awesome and amazing and now that I have the opportunity to redo everything I'd like to set it up through fb2k to kind of consolidate all these tasks. EAC was kind of a PITA to set up and calibrate iirc, and the musicIP software has been dead since like 2008.... So my question is, which plugins will I need in order to get all these functions into fb2k? I'd appreciate some setup help as well if you're feeling generous but I'll just read as many guides as I can  I already have Picard on the system but I'm not sure if I need it.

Thanks!

Re: Plugins for ripping / meta tagging / fingerprinting

Reply #1
I still use foo_biometrics for fingerprinting - but I think it's useless beside finding some similarities in tracks if you want to find dupes. https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,65185.0.html - I kind of liked MusicIP and wrote once a wrapper to use the server with foobar, to generate playlists, but I never found an alternative (beside echonest)