Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta (Read 67168 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #153
anyone got a change log for 0.9.3.4 ? i love seeing the new versions but I really have no idea of what has been changed or fixed so its very hard to judge or test the features...

any ideas appreciated..

+1
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #154
What you want is not a cuesheet, but instead APL. Cuesheets dont support what you want to do. Use APL instead.

Hrm... maybe a cuesheet isn't the absolute best solution, but I've already got hundreds of albums with cuesheets that have metadata for each track embedded into it.  Foobar 0.9 can read such data okay, but only the common fields, and it mangles the cuesheets (i.e. deletes all my metadata) if I try to change some info.  I'd like to see this functionality extended so that it will work the way that trusty 0.8.3 did (with cue_ex).

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #155
Also, using .apl has the advantage of being able to reference a single track in a playlist (*m3u8/fpl). The greatest drawback being its closed format, system encoding dependancy and having many files instead of one (which is also an advantage). This said, embedded (or not) cuesheets are still useful so long as it doesn't go overboard. I don't like the idea of an escape mess in cuesheet extended tags, but I support your suggestion.

Apparently components that have been modified in beta 4 are
shared.dll
foo_unpack.dll
foo_rgscan.dll
foo_masstag.dll
foo_converter.dll
foo_cdda.dll
foo_input_std.dll
foo_albumlist.dll
foo_dsp_std.dll
foo_ui_std.dll

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #156
Thanks to the developers for the keyboard shortcut for "Properties (properties tab)" .
There is also a "Properties (metadata tab)", but that's the same as just "Properties".
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #157
anyone got a change log for 0.9.3.4 ? i love seeing the new versions but I really have no idea of what has been changed or fixed so its very hard to judge or test the features...

any ideas appreciated..

At least the Vorbis decoding failure issue appears to be fixed again  Thanks Peter!

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #158

any ideas appreciated..
At least the Vorbis decoding failure issue appears to be fixed again  Thanks Peter!
This has been fixed in b3 afaik.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #159

any ideas appreciated..
This has been fixed in b3 afaik.

Nope, I discovered and reported it after beta 3.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #160
I just wanted to say thanks for beta 4!  It is significantly faster opening/closing and all around for me that the beta 3.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #161
Foobar 0.9 can read such data okay, but only the common fields, and it mangles the cuesheets (i.e. deletes all my metadata) if I try to change some info. I'd like to see this functionality extended

Exactly.  Sadly, all such enquiries have met with no response so far.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #163
guys, I really can't download the executable from the official site!

I'd just tried to clean my cookies and cache (like Yotsuya suggested), but don't worked in the Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Always I click in the link, and simply reload the webpage.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #164
guys, I really can't download the executable from the official site!

I'd just tried to clean my cookies and cache (like Yotsuya suggested), but don't worked in the Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Always I click in the link, and simply reload the webpage.

Try this: Copy the downloadlink and Paste it into the adressbar.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #165
What changes needed to be made to fix Vista compatability?  I'm not running Vista yet, but I'm curious about the state of the transistion and why some programs do not work properly in under it.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #166
I just installed Foobar v0.9.3 final on my Vista Public Beta2 testbox and it appears to run fine. Mind you this was just a default install and nothing fancy, no 3rd party plugins or anything but it appears to work out of the box with nothing special.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #167
What changes needed to be made to fix Vista compatability?  I'm not running Vista yet, but I'm curious about the state of the transistion and why some programs do not work properly in under it.
In this case, it was some memory management functions in the runtime library that Microsoft changed in a non-backwards compatible way.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #168

Don't worked too! I'd tried to copy to my download manager (flashget) and don't worked too!

it's too bad

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #169
If you want, I can upload it to YouSendit, and you can dl from there..just reply .

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #170

Don't worked too! I'd tried to copy to my download manager (flashget) and don't worked too!

it's too bad

Well... it sounds like bloated software (read: firewall) is installed on your computer. If this is the case turn it off/uninstall/shift+delete... As you may see it's less than helping.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #171
If you want, I can upload it to YouSendit, and you can dl from there..just reply .

oh, do this for me, please! thanks!

Well... it sounds like bloated software (read: firewall) is installed on your computer. If this is the case turn it off/uninstall/shift+delete... As you may see it's less than helping.

I don't use firewall, but thanks for your help!

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #172

oh, do this for me, please! thanks!

I don't use firewall, but thanks for your help!

meh. just disable the download manager.. works just fine

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #173
meh. just disable the download manager.. works just fine

I don't using download manager, what I said's: I'd tried to use, but don't worked.

foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta

Reply #174
v 0.9.3.1 is out