Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Complete HiFi Setup (from scratch) - Buying Reccomendations (Read 24161 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Complete HiFi Setup (from scratch) - Buying Reccomendations

Reply #75
I understand neither the obsession to undermine the 308, nor the amazing self confidence you keep even now that you've ironically misused graphs twice in a single page to prove points that never existed.
playing the maniac elite audiophile that settles for nothing when we're talking 3000$ speakers and as much on the amp, I could understand. but whining about powered monitors with a surprisingly well balanced FR for 400euro, it's just weird.

here let me help you in your crusade, my pair has a little hiss. it's quieter than my computer so I need to get close to the speaker to notice, but at least it's something real for a change.

Hi,
No crusade at all.
Classic intel box CPU active coolers are about 35dB and a lot of computers makes noisy sounds around 40-50dB, it is just real life facts.
I've just taken a little time (i was designing a tweeter waveguide) to enlight some ridiculous commercial intoxications.

Reply #76
I understand neither the obsession to undermine the 308, nor the amazing self confidence you keep even now that you've ironically misused graphs twice in a single page to prove points that never existed.
playing the maniac elite audiophile that settles for nothing when we're talking 3000$ speakers and as much on the amp, I could understand. but whining about powered monitors with a surprisingly well balanced FR for 400euro, it's just weird.

here let me help you in your crusade, my pair has a little hiss. it's quieter than my computer so I need to get close to the speaker to notice, but at least it's something real for a change.

No crusade at all.

It turned into a crusade to credit one's self. Mission accomplished!

Classic intel box CPU active coolers are about 35dB and a lot of computers makes noisy sounds around 40-50dB, it is just real life facts.

Ignores the fact that off-the-shelf PCs and stock components to build/upgrade fanless PCs are  commodity items.

I've just taken a little time (i was designing a tweeter waveguide) to enlight some ridiculous commercial intoxications.

I hope we've done a good enough job of dispelling yours. I fear not.  Dunning-Kruger strikes again!

Reply #77
Yes, and it's now time for the discrediting portion of our program to come to a close.