Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2035686 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2800
Hello,

Here is the answer to my own question:
Uninstall all and do it again.

Now all the covers are saved to the directory where they are missing from!

Hi,

I have one question that  I can not figure out:
How can I add a setting so that the album art will be downloaded straight to the folder that is missing the album art? Now it downloads it to my music folder and not to the specify folder like: Anthrax/Stomp folder.

Reply #2801
Been using Album Art Downloader for a while on my Windows 10 machine.

Suddenly it will not load. Spits out the following error code, something about fonts. I did install a new font recently, but can that really break a program this thoroughly? Help!

Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Users\mm511\AppData\Local\Temp\AAD_errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.2.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (64 bit)

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: More data is available.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.GetValueNames()
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.FontSourceCollection.SetFontSources()
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.FontSourceCollection.GetEnumerator()
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.FamilyCollection.BuildFamilyList(List`1& familyList, SortedDictionary`2& familyNameList, SortedList`2& frequentStrings)
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.FamilyCollection.MS.Internal.FontCache.IFontCacheElement.AddToCache(CheckedPointer newPointer, ElementCacher cacher)
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.HashTable.Lookup(IFontCacheElement e, Boolean add)
   at MS.Internal.FontCache.CacheManager.Lookup(IFontCacheElement e)
   at System.Windows.Media.FontFamily..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Media.Typeface..ctor(FontFamily fontFamily, FontStyle style, FontWeight weight, FontStretch stretch)
   at MS.Internal.Text.DynamicPropertyReader.GetTypeface(DependencyObject element)
   at MS.Internal.Text.TextProperties.InitCommon(DependencyObject target)
   at MS.Internal.Text.TextProperties..ctor(FrameworkElement target, Boolean isTypographyDefaultValue)
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock.GetLineProperties()
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock.EnsureTextBlockCache()
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell(Int32 cell, Boolean forceInfinityV)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32 cellsHead, Size referenceSize, Boolean ignoreDesiredSizeU, Boolean forceInfinityV)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(UIElement element, Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Decorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverrideHelper(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
   at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisual()
   at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowImpl()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Splashscreen.ShowIfRequired()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Reply #2802
Been using Album Art Downloader for a while on my Windows 10 machine.

Suddenly it will not load. Spits out the following error code, something about fonts. I did install a new font recently, but can that really break a program this thoroughly? Help!
Yes, unfortunately fonts can break all WPF programs, for example: http://faithlife.codes/blog/2009/11/how_to_crash_every_wpf_application/

You could try removing and re-registering the font, it might help.

Reply #2803
Getting repeated crash when trying to update/change presets:
Error log:
? is there a fix?

Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Users\johnw\AppData\Local\Temp\AAD_errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.2.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (64 bit)

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: element
   at System.Windows.Media.VisualTreeHelper.GetChildrenCount(DependencyObject reference)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Common.FindVisualChild[TChild](DependencyObject obj)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.EditPresets.OnNewItemContainerGenerated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.SetStatus(GeneratorStatus value)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.Generator.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.OnEditPresets(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Reply #2804
Getting repeated crash when trying to update/change presets:
Error log:
? is there a fix?
Thanks for reporting that. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, can you give me the exact steps that cause it? On the popup menu you click "Edit Presets..." and then what, it crashes immediately? Or are you trying to add or delete a preset? Have you previously been able to add or delete any presets? You could try resetting your settings by deleting the %localappdata%\AlbumArtDownloader folder, that might help.

Reply #2805
Previously have successfully edited presets to make a list of about 8.  But have experienced many crashes in the edit preset process recently.
The above log was triggered by clicking 'Add' while in 'edit presets' dialog.
Crash trigger is inconsistent; sometimes when selecting 'edit presets', sometimes 'Add', sometimes after editing at 'close' after editing.  It will always crash once 'edit preset' is started.  At some step in the process. Even edit then immediately close -> crash.
Preset edits are  never saved. The list reverts to the previous list of presets.

Will check the app data folder.
Can this file or list be manually edited?

Thanks for quick reply

Reply #2806
Can this file or list be manually edited?
Very strange. I can't guess what might be going on there, but yes, the file can be manually edited. In %localappdata%\AlbumArtDownloader look for the file: "AlbumArt.exe_Url_bunch of random characters\1.0.2.0\user.config". This is an XML file. You are looking for <setting name="Presets"

Reply #2807
Question about how Album Art Downloader works....
I gave it at try and was able to easily find and download the artwork I wanted.  Your software saved it as a folder.jpg file in the folder of the album.  What I wanted it to do was embed the artwork in the .m4a song files of the album, but it didn't seem to do that.
Can the software do that?  Or am I missing a step?
Thanks!
Lisa

Reply #2808
What I wanted it to do was embed the artwork in the .m4a song files of the album, but it didn't seem to do that.
Sorry, no Album Art Downloader does not embed artwork in song files. This is a library/tag management task (ensuring that all songs in an album have the correct artwork embedded). By design, Album Art Downloader is only for finding and downloading image files; it leaves library management to library management software.

Reply #2809
OK, cool.  Thanks.  It works nicely by the way.  Do you have any recommendations for software that can embed the artwork I downloaded from your software into the song files?

Reply #2810
OK, cool.  Thanks.  It works nicely by the way.  Do you have any recommendations for software that can embed the artwork I downloaded from your software into the song files?
Foobar2000 itself can do it, and a few years ago Mp3Tag was well regarded. I'm afraid I don't do embedding myself, so I can't give you a more personal recommendation.

Reply #2811
Alex, do you know if this is possible with the current version of AAD or maybe can be included in a future one:
I have multiple versions of same albums (remastered, original, reissue, digipack, etc.) but when I use the file browser to search a folder by ID3 tag it matches all those folders to 1 album and only puts a cover in 1 of those folders. the album name tag does not differ in all versions, that is managed by other tags. can you maybe do an extra search per id3tag&folder combo? the folder names are not fitting since they include catalog number, diskid or stuff like that

Reply #2812
...can you maybe do an extra search per id3tag&folder combo? the folder names are not fitting since they include catalog number, diskid or stuff like that
It is not possible to search by ID3 tag and folder, it has to be one or the other. But it is possible to specify the folder pattern quite precisely; as long as your folder names follow a regular scheme then you should be able to create a pattern to match them. If you post an example of your folder names, I can give you a hand.

Reply #2813
...can you maybe do an extra search per id3tag&folder combo? the folder names are not fitting since they include catalog number, diskid or stuff like that
It is not possible to search by ID3 tag and folder, it has to be one or the other. But it is possible to specify the folder pattern quite precisely; as long as your folder names follow a regular scheme then you should be able to create a pattern to match them. If you post an example of your folder names, I can give you a hand.
problem is that those additional infos like catalog number are only there if the tag exists (when i have 'em), so its not possible to match it to a fixed pattern. is it possible to adjust the tags it uses to distinguish files from another?

my last resort is to rename all my album folders and set a unique splitter after album name. not that hard to do, i just wanted to avoid it because i dont want to reupload my stuff to cloud backup

Reply #2814
Sorry, path pattern allows a lot of flexibility, but ID3 tags are hard-coded. It will search AlbumArtists, or fall back to Performers if AlbumArtists isn't present. For Album, it only uses Album.

Reply #2815
so I renamed my folders in a distinguishable way:
%Artist%\%Album% [Catalog]\*.flac

which matches to
%artist%\%album% [*\*.flac

But it does add all those folders into 1 item, I don't think it works the way I wanted
Can you help?

Thanks for your help by the way and for keeping AAD alive over the years!

Reply #2816
But it does add all those folders into 1 item, I don't think it works the way I wanted
Can you help?
So if they should be treated as different albums, they are going to need different album names. I thought this would be including the remastered, original, reissue, digipack part you had mentioned - does that not appear anywhere in the path? If that is just information you happen to know about the album without it being accessible to AAD then it's going to be tricky. There is no support for searching for a single album image and downloading it into multiple folders, but it sounded to me like what you wanted was different art for each folder. So one would be a search for "Album Name - Original" and one "Album Name - Remastered", for example.

Reply #2817
Can you help?
So if they should be treated as different albums, they are going to need different album names. I thought this would be including the remastered, original, reissue, digipack part you had mentioned - does that not appear anywhere in the path? If that is just information you happen to know about the album without it being accessible to AAD then it's going to be tricky. There is no support for searching for a single album image and downloading it into multiple folders, but it sounded to me like what you wanted was different art for each folder. So one would be a search for "Album Name - Original" and one "Album Name - Remastered", for example.
that is basically correct, but searching for "Album Name - Remastered" does most of the time not work well since the title of the album simply is "Album Name"

And in reality the folders use catalog numbers rather than "remastered" and more or less look like this: Fear Of The Dark [7243 4 96925 0 3]

via File Path Pattern I can get it to match to this:

but I'd rather have it multiple times without the stuff in the brackets in the list like this:

so I thought matching by tags but also creating a separate match per folder would be neat.

I know now this can not be done with AADXUI at the moment. but you know this is a use case  ;)

Oh, another little thing:
Is there a way to increase the font size in the "Get Artwork Automatically" Window?
The higher my resolution gets over the years, the smaller the font gets and my eyes also don't get better ;)
I mean this:

You can scale the cover preview but the font size does not scale with it

Reply #2818
Is there a way to increase the font size in the "Get Artwork Automatically" Window?
Thanks for your feedback. With regards to the font size, I'm afraid there is no skinning or UI customisation implemented, so the only way to change the size of the UI elements (other than the thumbnails) is to change the scaling setting for Windows. That would affect all applications, though, not just this one.

Reply #2819
Thanks for your feedback. With regards to the font size, I'm afraid there is no skinning or UI customisation implemented, so the only way to change the size of the UI elements (other than the thumbnails) is to change the scaling setting for Windows. That would affect all applications, though, not just this one.
I have scaling set to 150% in windows, the font is smaller than other fonts on the same window (Sources, Artist, Album, Artwork Status, Dimensions, etc.). Making it the same size as all the other fonts would be perfect

Reply #2820
Hello.

My music is stored in a directory structure: <Artist>/[<year>]- <album> e.g. Beatles/[1969] - Abbey Road
I'm trying to use the folder browser to check the artwork, but the [year] is a problem. I'm trying to use regex to get around this. In the file browser window, I've selected the "Use file path pattern matching:" option and updated the expression to be:

\%artist%\"\[\d{4}\]\s-\s"%album%

but no search results appear.... Any ideas anyone?  (If I mock-up an artist/album folder structure that works with the default \%artist%\%album

Any thoughts?

Thanks
D

Reply #2821
Hello.

My music is stored in a directory structure: <Artist>/[<year>]- <album> e.g. Beatles/[1969] - Abbey Road
I'm trying to use the folder browser to check the artwork, but the [year] is a problem. I'm trying to use regex to get around this. In the file browser window, I've selected the "Use file path pattern matching:" option and updated the expression to be:

\%artist%\"\[\d{4}\]\s-\s"%album%

but no search results appear.... Any ideas anyone?  (If I mock-up an artist/album folder structure that works with the default \%artist%\%album

Any thoughts?

Thanks
D

I was missing a \* at the end....

%artist%\"\[\d{4}\]\s-\s"%album%\* is working...

Reply #2822
Looks good to me, just end it in \. to indicate you want to match the folder, not any files within it (or end in \* if you don't want it to match empty folders, or end in *.mp3 if you want it to match only folders with mp3's in them, etc.):

Code: [Select]
\%artist%\"\[\d{4}\]\s-\s"%album%\.

Edit: Ah, see you already figured it out, great!

Reply #2823
A new question about the file browser....
is there a way to set the search for a specific preset such as -front, -back etc without editing manually the path for images?