Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunes won't play all my mp3 files (Read 3106 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunes won't play all my mp3 files

iTunes can not find, and list in its library window some of my mp3 files. And it will not play this files either. All files are tagged and I cant find anything that says they not should work. They plays fine in WMP and Winamp.
Can anyone help ? please, because I want to use iTunes.
Once I used Maxell XLIIs, now I use cdr.

Reply #1
iTunes can not find, and list in its library window some of my mp3 files. And it will not play this files either. All files are tagged and I cant find anything that says they not should work. They plays fine in WMP and Winamp.
Can anyone help ? please, because I want to use iTunes.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350083"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have Quicktime installed?

Reply #2
Yes, should I reinstall it or remove it?
Tried to reinnstall, but the problem is still the same.

Now I have been reading a lot and tried out different things. And here is my conclusion:
I use dbPoweramp musicconverter and rightclick a mp3 file and choose edit tags, and choose remove all. This removes only the ID3v1 tags. I keep the ID3v2 tags ok, and iTunes read them all and plays the file. Yippiii!
But a strange thing is that when I remove the ID3v1 tags with Tag&Rename, the files are still not to be wieved in iTunes. I dont care about this because dbPoweramp musicconverter made it for me.
I think the tagging problem depends on some files are tagged with ANSI and some with UNICODE, and iTunes dont like ANSI.

Now I have marked about 8500 files for ID3v1 tag removing, so I hope it works well...
Once I used Maxell XLIIs, now I use cdr.