Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME Appreciation Month (Read 50711 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME Appreciation Month

This month (until 8th September) is LAME appreciation month and what better way to show gratitude than to reward the developers of LAME? I am pretty sure that most people on Hydrogen Audio have used LAME in one way or the other. llustrate (dBpowerAmp) will match donations from Hydrogen Audio dollar for dollar, dig deep your donation counts x2!!

Hydrogen Audio Donation Total:  $1336  (excluding double up)
Illustrates x2 Double Up:  $1336

Donation Total: $2672

The majority of donations contained a message thanking and encouraging work done by the Lame team!

Donation Submissions Are Now Closed

The small print:
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']
When making your payment, give your Hydrogen Audio name (in the additional details) if you wish for your name to appear on the list of donors,

Only paypal donations are accepted,

The donation is one without strings, it is not an expectation of future work, the LAME developers are free to spend the donation individually on items of their own choice,

LAME developers did not instigate this donation, but are very happy that people value their work. Final percentage of donation each developer will receive has already been worked out,

Donations received late after the cut off date (at the top) will be returned to the donor.

Illustrates maximum double up donation is $1500 (example HA raise $800 we will add another $800 giving a total donation of $1600)[/span]

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #1
List of Donors

evereux, ShowsOn, Yaztromo, marcan, phwip, guruboolez, timcupery, Thundik81, mortiferus, sehested, Kwanbis, AudioRedbear, rompel, TheQat, kirkr, Sunhillow, VCSkier, snookerdoodle, Movitz, Cygnus X1, joto, Canar, 2Bdecided, LadFromDownUnder, Case, Marvin77, gfngfgf, johnsonlam, echo, bug80, Never_Again, Gambit, Ganymed, aradzish, bryant, Sozinterror, dem, spockman, PoisonDan, SoleBastard, DreamTactix291, Wood, naturfreak, ermannob, sinnema, JensRex, Jud, damjang, KriTip, boiling_ice2k4, jmorace, indybrett, DARcode, dborn, dr.schanker, Dologan

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #2
Final percentage of donation each developer will receive has already been worked out.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318542"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That might be something you could usefully share.

Just so people know this isn't silly.

Cheers,
David.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #3
I will leave that to the LAME developers, the decision is theirs if they wish to divulge those details.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #4
Repartition is planned to be an equal split between four main active developpers, except if they refuse it.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #5
Just out of curiosity (and since this thread is about them anyway): who are the four main LAME developers anyway?

I know about Gabriel, Robert and Takehiro. Who is the fourth one?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #6
done 

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #7
Nice initiative

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #8
For how good 3.97 is looking to be and the amount of use I get out of lame in general, this is worth a donation.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #9
Just out of curiosity (and since this thread is about them anyway): who are the four main LAME developers anyway?

I know about Gabriel, Robert and Takehiro. Who is the fourth one?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318555"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Alexander.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #10
This month (until 8th September) is LAME appreciation month
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318542"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

who came up with that event?
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #11
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318577"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is not a yearly event, rather a one off.

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #12
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318577"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is not a yearly event, rather a one off.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318578"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

whose idea was it in the first place?
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #14
Mine
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318581"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A very good one it was too. 
daefeatures.co.uk

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #15
Awesome idea! A very worthy fund indeed.

Now if I could only send money to Paypal...

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #16
just did my donation roberto, isn't it brazil allowed to work with paypal?

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #17
Nice idea!

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #18
just did my donation roberto, isn't it brazil allowed to work with paypal?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318623"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The matter is not a country being allowed or not. The problem is that I don't have an international credit card

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #19
just did my donation roberto, isn't it brazil allowed to work with paypal?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318623"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The matter is not a country being allowed or not. The problem is that I don't have an international credit card
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318626"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the same problem 

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #20
Great idea, Spoon!

Going to donate...

btw: in some countries paypal accepts payment via bank transfer. This is what I do here in Germany because I don't have a credit card

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #21
Donated!

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #22

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318626"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey roberto, if you mail me the money I would gladly donate for you. And Also donate for me
I'm from Rio de Janeiro.

Regards,

Tadeu
Kind Regards , Tcmjr

Aka HellSnoopy

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #23
Done.

For the amount of CDs I have encoded with LAME, this is the LEAST I could do. 

LAME Appreciation Month

Reply #24
btw: in some countries paypal accepts payment via bank transfer. This is what I do here in Germany because I don't have a credit card
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318659"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes that is correct (here in the Netherlands that is also possible). However, it seems the only way you can activate your account is by giving your credit card information..