Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 799515 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #125
0.1.5 works fine here. 8800gts 320, amd x2 5000+.

gdi+ mode flickers a little but that's probably it's own limitation or smth..

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #126
I have one request: mouse scroll to zoom.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #128
There is some kind of bug on my Window 7. When i resize component to about > 500px my sound laggy as hell. Probably too much cpu usage

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #129
Thanks for the GDI+ thing, it's working, although I had to download gdiplus.dll from microsoft... my laptop must really be terrible!

I can't seem to get the custom seekbar.fx files working (e.g. by foosion on page 4) though, I saved it in the right directory and restarted foobar, but it hasn't changed anything.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #130
Try messing around with colors using configure from right-click menu. It helped in my case (but with default effect, this can be some other thing).

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #131
great component! many thanks

could you please add an option to reverse the direction? i want to use a vertical bar, but would like the progress to go from the bottom to the top.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #132
To identify a track, I think a hash of the number of total samples and several samples in the middle is enough in practical use ...

Except that formats like MP3 are horribly costly to seek in.

Version 0.1.5 does not work on one of my systems (Lenovo T60, Intel G945 Graphics, XP SP3).
I now have the two options (GDI and Direct3D 9.0) but none of them is working (the panel remains blank and is never refreshed). When I select Direct3D 9.0c, then close and reopen the preferences panel, GDI remains selected.

Version 1.0.4 was working fine with Direct3D 9.0c only after installing the August 2009 Direct X runtime redistributable.

I suppose that my fancy-pants detection of August 2009 misfires.
What console messages do you people get if you add a new seekbar to the layout?

Small Request: Any chance you could change the border toggle into a combo for select between 'None', 'Gray', and 'Sunken' like other Columns UI components?

Quite possibly.

What does happen when I play an audio CD?

In ancient versions, it tried to automatically analyze the track while playing. Being in two places at once on a CD is impossible if you want realtime playback.
I restricted all CDDA analyzation after that, and now relaxed that to allow explicit analyzation via the context menu.
The use case presented was "I want to scan my CDs beforehand and use cached data when playing", which is fair enough.

gdi+ mode flickers a little but that's probably it's own limitation or smth..

I weighed between buffering or not, and balked at the increased CPU cost, reasoning that it looks good enough on my test setup (Seven x64 and a VM with XPSP3 x86).

Thanks for the GDI+ thing, it's working, although I had to download gdiplus.dll from microsoft... my laptop must really be terrible!

I can't seem to get the custom seekbar.fx files working (e.g. by foosion on page 4) though, I saved it in the right directory and restarted foobar, but it hasn't changed anything.

Odd, I thought that any remotely updated XP machine should have GDI+.
As for effects, it prefers the one in profile_dir\effects over one in foobar_dir\effects, if any.

Try messing around with colors using configure from right-click menu. It helped in my case (but with default effect, this can be some other thing).

Visuals missing some state is known, a workaround is if you juggle settings or change tracks.

could you please add an option to reverse the direction? i want to use a vertical bar, but would like the progress to go from the bottom to the top.

Possibly.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #133
Version 0.1.5 does not work on one of my systems (Lenovo T60, Intel G945 Graphics, XP SP3).
I now have the two options (GDI and Direct3D 9.0) but none of them is working (the panel remains blank and is never refreshed). When I select Direct3D 9.0c, then close and reopen the preferences panel, GDI remains selected.

Version 1.0.4 was working fine with Direct3D 9.0c only after installing the August 2009 Direct X runtime redistributable.

I suppose that my fancy-pants detection of August 2009 misfires.
What console messages do you people get if you add a new seekbar to the layout?

Here are the messages I got :
[blockquote]Seekbar: taking Direct3D9 path.
Seekbar: frontend creation failed: Direct3D9: could not create texture.
Opening track for playback: "M:\Music\Emerson Hart - 2007 - Cigarettes & Gasoline\04 - I Wish the Best for You.mp3"
Wave cache: redundant request for "M:\Music\Emerson Hart - 2007 - Cigarettes & Gasoline\04 - I Wish the Best for You.mp3"
[/blockquote]

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #134
Fixed. Silly copy/paste error made it try to create fancy floating-point textures three times instead of the two fallback formats.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #136
I guess we have to wait for 0.1.16

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #138
Odd, I thought that any remotely updated XP machine should have GDI+.

OK, so it turns out I do have GDI+... For some reason it didn't load in GDI+ mode first, so I looked in my system32 folder, couldn't find gdiplus.dll and assumed the worst. So then I downloaded it from microsoft, and it seemed to fix things. Then I had the bright idea to search my windows folder for gdiplus.dll, because as you said XP is supposed to have it. It turns out it is there, but in some other folder. So then I deleted what I downloaded, and it's working properly now. Phew!

It still isn't loading the custom seekbar.fx though, and my profile folder is my install folder.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #139
0.1.6 works fine

[edit] corrected version number, blame on NEMO7538

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #141
I have a strange behaviour in d3d.
I have 2 monitors. If i display the foobar window on the fisrt one everything is fine but on the 2nd, i get a ~90/100% cpu usage (even when it's not scanning and even if playback is stopped). If the window is minimized on monitor 2, cpu usage falls back to 0/2%

Another thing, i get a lot of flickering in gdi+ on the highlighted part and the selection bar

foobar 1.0 b6 / foo wave seekbar 1.0.6 /XP SP3

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #142
I have a strange behaviour in d3d.
I have 2 monitors. If i display the foobar window on the fisrt one everything is fine but on the 2nd, i get a ~90/100% cpu usage (even when it's not scanning and even if playback is stopped). If the window is minimized on monitor 2, cpu usage falls back to 0/2%

Another thing, i get a lot of flickering in gdi+ on the highlighted part and the selection bar

foobar 1.0 b6 / foo wave seekbar 1.0.6 /XP SP3

Bug logged.
It's likely due to different devices being used for each monitor, incurring a costly copy if primarily on the non-primary monitor.
It may be solvable through multiple devices or magic.
Vista and Seven behaves much nicer in this regard, which is why I haven't noticed it as my test machines are Seven x64 multimon and a VM XPSP3 x86 with single monitor.

As for GDI+, known.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #143
small request: disable indicator line.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #144
small request: disable indicator line.

You can do this yourself by editing seekbar.fx in the effects folder. Where you find:
Code: [Select]
    float seekWidth = 2.5 * dx;
    float positionWidth = 2.5 * dx;

just change the scaling number to suit. I actually like it at 1 * dx myself. You can make it 0 if you like.
(NB: IANAP. I just hack away, so... it could be that only one of the two float values needs changing! No harm with both though.)

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #145
Yes, if you're using the Direct3D9 frontend you can either modify the widths (one applies to the position bar and one for the seeking bar).
You could also comment out or completely remove one or both of the calls to bar() on lines 101-102.

Be happy that this isn't the effect file from the 0.0.x versions, as that wasn't remotely as modular.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #146
The GDI+ mode does not use the seekbar.fx file, only the D3D modes do.
OK, that explains it!

All I'm after really is the RMS values superimposed on the normal amplitude. Zao, would it be possible to have an option for that in GDI+ mode?

Oh and another request... moodbar colours! mmm it would be amazing!  Please?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #147
First of all thank you for this great component and I find it extremely useful.

It's working good on my Win7x64 on the Secondary monitor with no noticable CPU spikes.

However when the computer is Locked (Win+L) and the Foobar window is NOT minimized I get constant 100% cpu usage on my C2D. Regardless of that on which monitor and it happens only when this component is enabled. In a multiuser scenario this is catastrophic as it leeches all the cpu cycles continuously and the other user cannot use the computer properly.

How to reproduce:
1. Run, process explorer
2. Minimize it to tray.
3. Run foobar.
4. Do not minimize the foobar window and hit Win+L
5. Login again in a few seconds.
6. Check the graph on the cpu usage in process explorer.

NOTE: Happens only in Direct3D mode. (GeForce 8800GTX driver 195.62)

Strange thing is that once you login the cpu usage drops to normal again.
Looking forward to getting this fixed.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #148
I think this component is causing problems for me when I listen to radio streams. It's not crashing foobar so there's no log, but the screen goes crazy, there is a box the same size as the seekbar panel in the top left of my screen, foobar loses its title bar, and the UI is just barely usable. The problem completely disappears when I minimize foobar, but comes back again, and doesn't properly fix itself until I restart foobar. It's hard to describe really. I'm only guessing that it's this component- it's the only one I've added recently.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #149
Hello,

is it possible to start playing with double click in the waveform?

Thank you,
Lars