Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 505596 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1575
This works like a charm! One minor thing, update 3.9 mentions adding yt-dlp support. I have yt-dlp installed via winget, so it is in some obscure folder BUT it is very definitely on the path via "yt-dlp". The component says it is not on the path, which means it is probably checking for the wrong command. I can add it by specifying the executable directly, but I thought I would mention it.

One thing I have been wondering about, is support for YouTube Music on the roadmap at all? As in, playing my YTM playlists including "Liked Songs" which is not a public playlist, and playing music I uploaded into my account? Those songs are also not available publicly at all, if you share a playlist those songs will not work. The audio quality available on YTM is also superior to regular YT, it has some 256kbps vbr aac IIRC vs the 120 or so vbr opus. So yeah, just wondering if that is somewhere on the roadmap or if the plan is to stick to regular YouTube. YTM doesn't have any decent integration anywhere as far as I know, so it would be a first as far as I can tell!

foobar 2000 (foo_youtube)

Reply #1576
how to fix Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: foo_youtube: client error: SSL connect error (35) | ffmpeg: Error number -10054 occurred | foobar2000: Network error):
"www.youtube.com/..............."

Reply #1577
Hi, @3dyd
1、The LAVFilters and madVR loaded in the foo_youtube maintenance interferes with the playback of DVD-Audio ISO files, which leads to a large amount of CPU usage and unresponsiveness of the foobar2000 window.
2、Background image, set to cover can only display the embedded image, can not display the cover.jpg in the file directory.

Reply #1578
How do you add a custom metadata tag which contains spaces in the tag name?

For ex. this fails: (the album artist part)
Code: [Select]
fy+https://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_album artist=aretha+franklin&fb2k_artist=Aretha+Franklin&fb2k_search_title=Aretha+Franklin+-+Respect+%28Official+Lyric+Video%29&fb2kx_length=151&fb2kx_title=Respect&v=A134hShx_gw
But also this:
fy+https://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_album+artist=aretha+franklin&fb2k_artist=Aretha+Franklin&fb2k_search_title=Aretha+Franklin+-+Respect+%28Official+Lyric+Video%29&fb2kx_length=151&fb2kx_title=Respect&v=A134hShx_gw
And this:
fy+https://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_album%20artist=aretha+franklin&fb2k_artist=Aretha+Franklin&fb2k_search_title=Aretha+Franklin+-+Respect+%28Official+Lyric+Video%29&fb2kx_length=151&fb2kx_title=Respect&v=A134hShx_gw

Using '_' instead of space, percent encoding or '+' remap it to the wrong tag.