Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kenwood car playing shows random symbols instead of tags from USB—fix? (Read 3035 times) previous topic - next topic

Kenwood car playing shows random symbols instead of tags from USB—fix?

I recently bought a new kenwood car cd player and deck and installed it in my 1998 cavalier. It has the USB port and when I hook my iPod into it when I search for songs or artists it doesn't have their names just a bunch of random letters and stuff. I am just wondering how to fix it because it's really annoying thanks

Reply #2
Or use mp3tag and make sure you don't use UTF-8 or UTF-16.

Reply #3
Sweet thanks a ton

Reply #4
And these programs jus retag all my song names and stuff to a format my deck can show?

Reply #5
Yes, so long as that's your problem. Just try it on a few albums to make sure that it works, without messing up something else.

Reply #6
Ok. Thanks I'll try that as soon as possible

Reply #7
can i re-tag directly from my ipod or do i hav eto do my library then put it back on my ipod? i used mp3tag

Reply #8
oh and in the deck manual it says under MP3 decode: Compliant with MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer-3

Reply #9
You can leave it on the iPod but just use mp3tag. The iPod will connect as an external drive. The filenames don't matter.

You could've tried all this already