Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 316116 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #475
Could you post/send me a log please? TAudioConverterLog+Encoder1log as usual.

TAudioConverter

Reply #476
Update 0.9.0:
-Added: New skins "Steam2" and "GPlus"
-Added: Hints to some options (thx to  Trinket)
-Added: Option to pass blocksize option to lossless encoders for losswav (thx to elubron)
-Added: Support for extensions mpa, mp2 and mka (thx to kleen)
-Fixed: LossyWAV failed if temp folder path ended with "\"
-Fixed: FDKAAC always used CBR even if VBR was selected (NePaC)
-Fixed: Removing files from list didn't reset trim values (thx to elubron)
-Fixed: Moving files in the list caused problems with duration etc
-Fixed: Musepack, TAK, Wavpack couldn't overwrite files even if it was enabled
-Updated: SoX build with unicode by Lord_Mulder
-Updated: AlphaControls to 8.41 Stable
-Updated: MediaInfo to 0.7.64
-Updated: OpusEnc to 1.1-beta

TAudioConverter

Reply #477
Thanks for the great update

NH

TAudioConverter

Reply #478
@NePaC Thanks about FDK. Indeed even if you select VBR TAC passed CBR and bitrate. I fixed it.
TAC uses neroaactag to write tags for fhgaac, neroaac and fdk.  I used "-meta:year=" and it shows up as "Recoderd Date" in mediainfo.
I'm surprised nobody noticed it before, probably hardly anyone used it.
About the year, somehow in your latest version I have no problems with it anymore.

I got intrested which tags the different lossy encoders in TAC write in the new lossy file. Somehow some information didn't show up in the new files.
The first thing I did was to give the flacfile a name with numbers, roman alphabet letters and some katakana characters. Looked like this:
Code: [Select]
03 - Artist - スクラップ&ビルド

Then I filled the 13 different Metadata fields foobar shows when clicking on the file properties. Where numbers are expected I added numbers, anywhere else roman alphabet letters and katakana.

The dark green marked fields show the modified flacfile I used. Tested both portable 32/64bit versions(0.9.0.1930), results were the same.
Here you can see the result I got:TAC - testresults
I apologize for the inconvenience, otherwise you can't really see anything.
What I noticed was that when using Lame, Musepack, Vorbis and WavPack and the filename contains a Japanese character an error occurs. When you remove the Japanese characters, it works fine.
Can anybody try to give a file the name I worte above in the codebox and encode to Lame and the others I wrote above? Want to exclude mistakes from my side or from my computer.

TAudioConverter

Reply #479
I'm guessing the encoders you listed don't have unicode support. i.e. I can convert flac to flac without a problem. I did as you did: renamed my file to "03 - Artist - スクラップ&ビルド.flac" and edited some tag field to "スクラップ&ビルド" using foobar2000. FFMpeg seems to be able to decode flac file to wav without a problem. So I think these encoders don't have unicode support (I only tested lame BTW).

Logs in TAC seem to be unable to show file names or tags properly but they don't have unicode support either, so you can ignore them.

PS. image file you posted above is way too small or do I miss something?

TAudioConverter

Reply #481
I'm guessing the encoders you listed don't have unicode support. i.e. I can convert flac to flac without a problem. I did as you did: renamed my file to "03 - Artist - ?????????.flac" and edited some tag field to "?????????" using foobar2000. FFMpeg seems to be able to decode flac file to wav without a problem. So I think these encoders don't have unicode support (I only tested lame BTW).

Logs in TAC seem to be unable to show file names or tags properly but they don't have unicode support either, so you can ignore them.

PS. image file you posted above is way too small or do I miss something?

The reason for the Flac column was that you can see what tags my file had before encoding.
When I use lame (3.99.5) in foobar the tags are displayed correctly.
I looked at the logs after encoding to opus, the tags in the log are messed up the same way as for lame, but somehow opus manages to display them right.
Next I tried using MP3tag copying the tags from the flacfile to the new mp3file and it works perfectly. I think maybe foobar copies the tags from the source after the file is encoded and from the tags it writes the filename? Like this it maybe possible to avoid the missing unicode support during encoding.

@eahm and ozok
Some people seem to dislike it, but the link works fine, tested it before posting in Firefox and IE.
When you click on the link you see my picture in smaller size, click on the little symbole at the right lower corner of it (little magnifying glass with a + in it).
If you do that the picture is highlighted while the page is greyed out.
Again click on the symbole in the right lower corner, now you should be able to see the original and readable size of it.

TAudioConverter

Reply #482
Could you post/send me a log please? TAudioConverterLog+Encoder1log as usual.

Problem's gone with new 64-bit build. Same files that were truncated previously encode correctly now. Must have been gremlins.

TAudioConverter

Reply #483
@jkauff I get visited by them too sometimes. 

@NePaC Some of the encoders/taggers don't have support for all the fields. Extracting tag from source is not difficult. I'm currently working on a command line tagger tool (a bit like tag.exe) to handle all tagging done by TAC. Currently it only supports writing APEv2 tags but I plan to expand its functionality. Obviously its functionality will be limited to the tagging component I'm using.
Foobar2000 does on the fly encoding, so there are no temp files which can cause the trouble. I don't know if it renames files after encoding is done but is certainly an option. ie. TAC can create temp. wav files with names like 1.wav, 2.wav etc, lame creates 1.mp3, 2.mp3 etc and TAC renames them to properly (song1.mp3, song2.mp3 etc). But I'll try to finish tagging tool first because steps I mentioned aren't difficult to implement.
Edit: Cool table BTW.

TAudioConverter

Reply #484
@ozok

Any word on that system for tagging (including album art) tracks converted to WMA? I understand that you're working on a tagging tool for the various encoders...

I'm really liking the update, by the way.

TAudioConverter

Reply #485
@MDetector5 Yes, I'm writing a console app to write several types of tags. I'm guessing it won't be a general tool like tag.exe because it is written to be used by TAC.
You can download it with portable TAC.exe from here:
32bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171..._32_portable.7z
64bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171..._64_portable.7z
Extract two exes from archives above and copy them to TAC folder, overwriting older tac.exe.

About tagger, at the moment it can write only write APEv2 tags (I use it write tags for ape, tta and tak at the moment). I can give more detail about how to use it if you want to use it manually.

TAudioConverter

Reply #486
I've made some progress on some of the thing I wanted to implement. I need them to be tested before a release so I'm sharing TAC.exe+TTagger.exe so you can do some testing. Overwrite old exes if you want to try them.
-Tagging is improved. Monkey's audio, TAK, TTA now has tagging support. Also number of tag fileds for aac encoder has increased. It is done by a tagging tool I'm writing called TTagger. I'll release it as a seperate tool and provide information about how to use it because it has a strange way of doing things.
-Cue sheet support. It is limited and might have bugs because I don't have much samples. If you encounter problemsi please feel free to send samples as there is still room for improvement.
-Playback speed change option. You can change playback speed of audio files. This will effect the duration of output file and it is applied after trimming.
-Trimming works for "Extract audio" too now.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171..._32_portable.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171..._64_portable.7z

TAudioConverter

Reply #487
@ozok As for the tagger, I tested it out with a track, and converted it to various formats, and it's working pretty well for the most part. It does handle WMA well, but the artwork options still don't work for WMA.

As for playback speed, I'm going to have to look in to that, as it looks useful.

TAudioConverter

Reply #488
I didn't cover WMA tagging yet. But I'll add it final release.

TAudioConverter

Reply #489
Tested your new version with the tagger like I did last time. result
+ all AAC-Encoder have Track Number and Total Tracks apart from QAAC which only has the Track Number
- except from QAAC all other AAC-Encoder can't display unicode in tags anymore

Form some reason the tool information (version, setting,...) aren't added to the file when I used the AAC-Encoder apart from QAAC like it did before. Didn't tested it with covers added.

Did another test removing one tag from the source file like Artist Name to look what the programm is doing. Noticed something strange about it, when you remove the Performer from the tag, the new tag is rather identical to the source tag except that the disk number and total disk number are missing (don't really care about that) and the removed Performer tag.
I have one question regarding Artist Name = Performer, is it normal for a tagging program writing the Performer into the Artist Name and add the Artist Name to the Composer?

What I think is that most people only use Artist Name, Track Title, Album Title, Date, Genre, Track Number and perhaps Comment like I do. So I think you don't have to focus to much to the other not mentioned tag fields.
Keep up the good work.

TAudioConverter

Reply #490
The exes I posted above only fix missing tag fields. I'll work on unicode file name support later.
Edit: I missed some unicode tags were missing as well. I'll work on this too.
Edit2: Encoder information etc is not included because new tool doesn't write them. TAC checks artist name first, if it is null, uses performer as artist. I don't know if that approach is right but it has been like this with TAC from the start.

TAudioConverter

Reply #491
I think iTunes also looks at Album Artist tag, so you might want to make that the first fallback. IIRC, the Performer tag is mostly used for classical music.

TAudioConverter

Reply #492
I think iTunes also looks at Album Artist tag, so you might want to make that the first fallback. IIRC, the Performer tag is mostly used for classical music.

I don't use the Album Artist tag or remove it when I see it but yes, iTunes looks for it. Even the iOS Music app is defaulted to Sort by Album Artist. I don't have any problem without it though and I actually sort by year/date renaming all the iTunes songs with a Windows software called iPodYearSort.

TAudioConverter

Reply #493
@NePaC I think I solved Japanese tags problem. TAC was using ANSI when it was writing tag info file. Now it uses UTF-8 and it seems to be working. You can download TTagger.exe below. I tried new tagger with Turkish (Öö, Çç, Şş, İı etc) tags and it is working fine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9617171/TTagger.7z

TAudioConverter

Reply #496
If anyone is interested, I'm uploading a beta to https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-...erter/downloads, I don't know how long it'll thanks to my isp but it includes many improvements/new features etc. Please see "ChangeLog.txt" for full change log. Also this is 64bit portable version.

TAudioConverter

Reply #497

Please ensure Album Artist tag remains, in fact, as many tags as possible simply because of the vast variety in the manner in which people like to organise and sort their music collections.

TAudioConverter

Reply #498
If anyone is interested, I'm uploading a beta to https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-...erter/downloads, I don't know how long it'll thanks to my isp but it includes many improvements/new features etc. Please see "ChangeLog.txt" for full change log. Also this is 64bit portable version.

Is it my imagination or is the new beta much faster? I converted a 450MB FLAC file to MP3 in about 15 seconds.

Comments:

1. The UI is starting to get a little crowded. I think you need to add some space above the destination controls to separate them a bit more from the settings controls.
2. I'm not sure the Wiki button is really that useful.
3. If MP3 is going to be the default setting when TAC starts, I think you should make the default value VBR -V2, which seems to be the setting of choice for most people these days.
4. The VBR slider should probably be in whole number increments. It took me a while to realize that was the -V setting. An alternative approach would be to use a number control, accompanied by a sentence or two about the speed/size/quality tradeoffs.

Once again, nice work, ozok!

TAudioConverter

Reply #499
@jkauff nothing much has changed regarding encoding process itself but starting encoding process should be much faster.
I agree that UI is getting crowded. I plan to move codec settings to a different form. With that I think, I can add more information for users. Also VBR slider for lame gives more control to user if you ask me.

I also would like to hear about new features like cue support, artwork for wma, chaning audio speed etc.

Regards.