Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne (Read 213867 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne

Reply #575
@Sapta
$set_ps_global(do.artist.pic,$directory_path(%path%)\%artist%_%tracknumber%.*)

What happens if I have less pics than tracknumbers?  What's the function of "per track" and "per second" tabs?

Btw, the "utils" option in context menu, is it provided by foo_utils?

Also, why isn't any function working?  they would add so much to customizabiltiy.

DarkOne

Reply #576
Hi Tedgo, thank you very much for your well organized configuration!

I'm having problems with covers...One time they appear when i open Foobar and almost randomly, they disappear when i open it at another time..I tried your suggestions in the manual but they were for those who don't see covers at all...i see them but not on every foobar open..

for example...if i generally open foobar 10 times, only the 3 times cover art appears inside the main playlist and at the bottom left..

any solutions?

DarkOne

Reply #577
Thanks Tedgo, the code you gave worked just fine.

DarkOne

Reply #578
@Sapta
$set_ps_global(do.artist.pic,$directory_path(%path%)\%artist%_$num($min(%tracknumber%,8),2).*)

Onl y for better understanding:
Where are your pictures stored and how are they named exactly?
The above string works for pictures that are stored in the music folder and named like the artist and a number (up to 8 now). For instance: David Bowie_01.jpg

On the PerSecod tabs you can code script parts that will be updated per second (e.g. %playback_time%).
On the PerTrack tabs you can code script parts that will be updated on track change.

"Utils" is provided by foobar2000 itself.
foo_utils is an additional component.

And what do you mean with:
"why isn't any function working?"

@Mr. Pacman
I don't know this behaviour...
Are your covers embedded or external?
Are you using foo_covers?

DarkOne

Reply #579
Μy covers are both embedded and external (in each album's folder), named "folder".jpg and i have foo_covers inside my components folder but i don't know if its used by your configuration or not..

DarkOne

Reply #580
When foo_covers is in your components folder it is used by foobar2000 (and so the config too of course).
Move it to another folder or delete it to see what happens.
It isn't necessary for the config, especially when your album art is named folder.jpg or embedded to the files.

I encountered problems with it and embedded art only in the past.
Maybe that causes the problem.

DarkOne

Reply #581
Hello from a new user, and a new convert to Foobar thanks to this awesome theme!

However, I just have one problem - for some reason, when I double click on an album to view all the tracks, it displays the tracks in reverse order (e.g 11 down to 1, rather than 1 to 11 as you'd expect). Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks guys, and great work Tedgo.

DarkOne

Reply #582
In the playlist?
No sorry, no idea...

DarkOne

Reply #583
It's OK, I fixed it by reinstalling everything. The age-old cure.

One more question though - is it possible to categorise things by band, rather than band AND album? I don't like seeing the same band name several times when I have several albums by that artist.

DarkOne

Reply #584
Would be possible by changing the Group format and the script for the group header.
But that wouldn't differ between albums at all...

Maybe i will create another group format one day in addition to the default one.
As long as i haven't done this, you should read the ELPlaylist documentation (you'll find one in the ELPlaylist thread here on hydrogenaudio) and try by yourself

DarkOne

Reply #585
Thanks for the very speedy responses Tedgo.

My only other suggestion would be a real-time search bar, like the one in Windows Media Player, and maybe a quicker way of clearing the search so I can get back to the regular list.

Don't get me wrong though, this is a fantastic theme - must have taken you a while to put together, so thankyou very much for sharing it with us.

DarkOne

Reply #586
There IS a real-time search bar (the small progress bar on the left).
Have you ever tried it?

Or did i misunderstood?
(I haven't used windows media player since 2003...)

You can always go back to the regular playlist by selecting your regular playlist with "Playlist switcher" (PL Button).
The "Search" playlist will be updated on every new search.

DarkOne

Reply #587
Hi, thanks a lot for providing this skin, it's actually the first I've been able to use for foobar2000, all others have been waaayyy too difficult for me to configure. I really appreciate how easy it was t install this skin.

So far, the only concern I have is with the background artist image. I play all my music through .zip archives, using foo_unpack. Even if I put the artist.jpg picture in the zip folder with the music, foobar won't display it. Is there a way out of this? Thanks!

DarkOne

Reply #588
Hm, i really don't know if its possible to display pictures from zip-archives. I never tried it since i never use zip-folders for my musics (there are so many other and better ways in my opinion )...

Maybe you should copy all your artist pictures to one local folder and name them like the artist.
Then you could change the script part (like described in the user guide, chapter 1.3) to (for instance):
$set_ps_global(do.artist.pic,C:\Artist Pictures\%artist%.*)

Your Pictures then should be named like David Bowie.jpg, Queen.jpg, Lady Gaga.jpg and so on.
Should work this way

DarkOne

Reply #589
@Sapta
$set_ps_global(do.artist.pic,$directory_path(%path%)\%artist%_$num($min(%tracknumber%,8),2).*)

And what do you mean with:
"why isn't any function working?"

Great it's working. . $min() and $mod() weren't working without the outer $num() , not sure why. That's why I said that.

Onl y for better understanding:
Where are your pictures stored and how are they named exactly?
The above string works for pictures that are stored in the music folder and named like the artist and a number (up to 8 now). For instance: David Bowie_01.jpg

I didn't maintain any artist images until now but now I am considering putting all in a folder with artist names. Obviously then, I'll use a fixed path. The number 8 is just an instance, I had put 8 images in one album folder to try things out. 

On the PerSecod tabs you can code script parts that will be updated per second (e.g. %playback_time%).
On the PerTrack tabs you can code script parts that will be updated on track change.

Thought so. So, i can use per second tab to change the pic after certain seconds

"Utils" is provided by foobar2000 itself.
foo_utils is an additional component.

Actually the context menu option "Get Artist Pictures from last.fm..." is working but "Get Album Art from Last.fm..." isn't. So, was wondering where to ask. Last.fm radio plug-in is installed. Whne i select the album art option, it says "Downloading Artist pictures.." and vanishes where it should say "Downloading album art.." or sth like that.

DarkOne

Reply #590
$min and $mod should work even without $num
$num always outputs a number with a defined count of digits (in your case: 2 digits, means 8 becomes 08).

Get Album Art from Last.fm is only working if there is an album art on the last.fm server
Should work in general, though. But i never used it (i have scanned my album art in a better quality...).

EDIT:
Tried it now, and it works for sure.
It saves the album art to the folder you've specified in the preferences (Tools-->Biography server-->Last.fm-->Album).

DarkOne

Reply #591
Hi, thanks for the help.

However, I can get the picture to show up in the artist pictures but not for the background image. I copy and pasted your example and replaced it with my file path. Is it possible I am still doing something wrong?

P.S. I've tried it out with non-zipped mp3s and it works fine(at least with the "artist.jpg" file in the musics folder)

DarkOne

Reply #592
Yes, i tried it too.
Seems that foo_unpack doesn't supports picture files.
So you will have to use my code snippet. Fit to your exact path of course .
So if you have stored all your artist pictures in the folder D:\Music\Library\Artist Pictures your file path has to be D:\Music\Library\Artist Pictures\%artist%.* and your pictures should have the same name as the artist (David Bowie.jpg, Björk.jpg aso).
That code snippet works for sure.

DarkOne

Reply #593
Sorry, what I meant in that last post was that your solution did work fine. The only problem is getting that artist image to display in the background of the playlist. It displays fine in the artist pictures tab, but nothing ever comes up in the background.

I could provide some screen shots if you need them.

Thanks for the help!

DarkOne

Reply #594
Hm, that's strange...
It uses the same variable (set up in the main splitter as $set_ps_global).
So if it works in the artist picture tab in big cover view it should also work in the background of the playlist.
Have you disabled "pseudo transparency" in ELPlaylist?

Maybe a screenshot would be helpful...

DarkOne

Reply #595
There IS a real-time search bar (the small progress bar on the left).
Have you ever tried it?

Or did i misunderstood?
(I haven't used windows media player since 2003...)

You can always go back to the regular playlist by selecting your regular playlist with "Playlist switcher" (PL Button).
The "Search" playlist will be updated on every new search.

I actually meant the search bar for artists, albums and tracks - for example, if you type 'Ok' it might bring up OK Computer by Radiohead, but if you then typed another 'k' to make 'Okk' it would show Okkervil River in the album list.

However, I've just discovered that by highlighting any album and then typing what you want, it automatically searches without entering anything into the search bar, so that will do for me.

DarkOne

Reply #596
Yes, its the incremental search in the ELPlaylist

Another way:
Ctrl+F enables the playlist search, which does exactly what you want. Nearly...

DarkOne

Reply #597
I've turned Transparency off and on, and it hasn't worked.

Hmm here is something I've found puzzling though(not sure if this is supposed to happen).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/shi...obardarkone.jpg

This is of an album that isn't zipped. Artist.jpg is in the source folder and as is the image displayed in the background in the bottom left corner. However, the file "Karen.jpg" in my artists folder is what is displayed as the first artist image. Maybe this can help you identify the problem?

Also, maybe this is also problematic...I pasted the script you gave me in the script box at the top(the on described in the first part of the tutorial). I also pasted it in the artist tab though, maybe those are conflicting?

DarkOne

Reply #598
Hello there. I've got a problem with DarkOne 1.6. You see, I'm using queue compontent, which queue tracks on binded key (I've binded it to Q key). And here where problems comes. Whenever I press Q, it starts searching for tracks with 'q' in it's name. It goes same for everyother letter. The "searching" appearts at bottom of the window, in place of filesize and progress. Any ideas how to turn it off?

Btw. that bar on bottom = status bar

DarkOne

Reply #599
@Meganerock
Yes, it may be conflicting when you set up two global variables with the same name.
You only had to paste the code snippet to the main splitter, not the big cover view (it already grabs the picture set up in the main splitter)!
If you haven't made any other changes you should probably reload the FCL file and set the global variable in the main splitter only again (as i see, there is a change made in the right panel too (have you turned on "pseudo transparency" in it? Please turn it off! Pseudo transparency is only needed in the Playlists!)).

@valgaav
Right-click in the playlist --> Settings --> Behaviour --> disable "Enable incremental search"