Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible to make a multi-column theme? + switch themes using a button? (Read 2634 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible to make a multi-column theme? + switch themes using a button?

Hi there.

First of all, excuse my English. I am a new foobar2000 user since a few months right now. I have added some great components but I'm looking for more! I would like to know if there is an existing plugin which can do the following thing : when I press a button (or the maximize button, would be better), to switch from

this (my actual theme) :

to this (quickly designed under paint.net) :

I searched the web to find some plugins, but it was unsuccessful. Is it possible to do this with Column UI (I don't think so)? Thank you!
w00t

Reply #1
Generally, playlist play files in order from top to bottom; multiple columns kinda throws a wrench into that whole concept.

You can use foo_facets to browse your library (which also likely contains toute la musique). It offers a multiple column display with album artwork.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
EsPlaylist can display albums/artists in multiple columns, but doesn't show individual tracks.

Reply #3
Thank you for your answers. For developers around here, how hard is it to write such a thing? I am a new software engineer but I have never wrote a plugin for foobar or whatsoever.
w00t

Reply #4
to write a proper component requires c++ knowledge. you can look at the SDK here... http://www.foobar2000.org/SDK

an alternative might to be look at columns UI (an alternative user interface) and the panel stack splitter component. this allows you to resize the foobar window with buttons. you can also set it to hide/show panels depending on panel size. it's not a language as such - merely an extension of the title formatting functions provided by foobar itself. for example to do something conditionally based on panel size, you could use $ifgreater which is native to foobar itself but then it has it's own variables such as %_width% and %_height% which are exclusive to that component only.

to get familiar with foobar title formatting, you can look at the full reference here.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...tting_Reference

Reply #5
to write a proper component requires c++ knowledge. you can look at the SDK here... http://www.foobar2000.org/SDK

an alternative might to be look at columns UI (an alternative user interface) and the panel stack splitter component. this allows you to resize the foobar window with buttons. you can also set it to hide/show panels depending on panel size. it's not a language as such - merely an extension of the title formatting functions provided by foobar itself. for example to do something conditionally based on panel size, you could use $ifgreater which is native to foobar itself but then it has it's own variables such as %_width% and %_height% which are exclusive to that component only.

to get familiar with foobar title formatting, you can look at the full reference here.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...tting_Reference

Thank you for your answer. I know quite well C++. However, I don't really want to implement my own Panel UI or Display UI, because I am already using a 3rd party component called SimPlaylist. Unfortunately, it seems that Simplaylist is not open source, so I cannot rely on the official foobar SDK. My idea was to write a flow panel layout using Simplaylist. But it seems complicated because I don't know how the playlist is rendered : is it a big instance of a panel, a list/stack/etc of panels?

I could start to implement just a simple flow layout panel with every album art on my playlist. Maybe after that I'll know better of how I could improve it, and it will be a first proof of concept. A flow layout panel is not really complicated to write, but it will be the first time for me to produce a plugin for foobar.
w00t