Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Switching artwork in ColumnsUI (Read 1983 times) previous topic - next topic

Switching artwork in ColumnsUI

Hi. I've spent over an hour now on searching for this, and after trying couple things(including modified foo_uie_albumart.dll from 2007 who crashes foobar) I gave up, and decided to look for the help from you guys.

I'm using foobar 1.1.7. I have ColumnsUI layout, and till today I used built into ColumnsUI Art view panel that displayed embeded artwork first, and if there isn't one it showed folder.jpg or cover.jpg.

Today I had idea to put more than one image there, and started searching for the plugin for foobar like that.

Basicly what I want is a plugin that will:
a) (if it's mp3) if there is embeded artwork in the mp3(through tag), it should show just this artwork for the whole song
b) if there is no embeded artwork or this is wav, or flac or other music file, it should look for ALL the .jpg files in the folder that this audio file is in, and it should CYCLE through all of them (in preferably random order) in defined by me intervals
c) if there is no image files whatsoever in the folder, it should show some default jpg file

So basicly it is EXACTLY what embeded artwork panel offered me before, but WITH switching through the folder jpg's option that it lacked(or I missed that maybe?). Anybody know how I could put this idea into this world?

I ALMOST thought I found it, when I stubled upon this modified foo_uie_albumart.dll from 2007, but it crashes foobar when there isn't an embeded jpg image into the mp3 file.

I really will appriciate any help and/or advices. I'm sure it's "piece of cake" for most of you guys who are living with this stuff

cheers

Reply #1
Apparently I'm not that stupid after all

The crash was due to the "nofile" exception, as there was no default image in the default source list.

Anyways, I set it and WOW. Looks AMAZING. Foobar is indeed the best program for this kind of customizable stuff.

Anyways, if somebody stumbled upon this thread in the future, I downloaded this dll:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=54138

And I put these source variables:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.jpg
--G:\mp3\RandomImages\*.jpg

So first, it looks for the embeded image. If mp3, has embeded image it will show only that, and ignore other jpg files. If there is none embeded image it will go through all the jpg files in that folder where the mp3 is. I guess we can set them also as *.png or other image types. Lastly, if none of these will work, it will go to the default folder with images, and it will show them, ALSO in Random.

Such a small thing, and makes the running foobar so much more ATRACTIVE.

Topic can be closed.

Thanks guys

Reply #2
I played a bit with it, and came with I think my ultimate perfect setting:

G:\mp3\ArtWork\%filename%\*.*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)ArtWork\*.*
--G:\mp3\RandomImages\*.*

It will in order
1. search for embeded image (if found stops here, if not goes below)
2. search in a specified folder on a hard drive, with subfolder the same as the filename, and within it it will cycle through all the images
(if found stops here, if not goes below)
3. search for images within the same folder as the audio file is stored (if found stops here, if not goes below)
4. search within the ArtWork subfolder of the mp3's stored folder (if found stops here, if not goes below)
5. load default set of images

Working like a charm with 15sec/3000ms setting. Absolutely loving it!!!

ps. Mypersonal Thanks to the person who modified the dll, to also show embeded images.
pps. Anybody who will have similar problem like mine(crashes), it's due to the panel not being able to find any image file within all the source directions. Just make sure AT LEAST 1 is valid, and that any image will be loaded. Otherwise the foobar crashes.

Reply #3
Thanks for this info soyo.  Note that it will also crash if you point it at a source that is unreadable, even using wildcards.
I found this out when it attempted to look in 'D:\System Volume Information' on my PC.