Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to use playback statistics to change added time of files (Read 1620 times) previous topic - next topic

How to use playback statistics to change added time of files

Hi,
my music is based on cd i bought many years ago,
i had full convert my cd into .flac to read them into foobar,
then i installed playback statistics
however all of my discography begin to the added date of playback statistic install date

i would like to change added time of tracks aproximatively to the date i bought the cd

when i write playback statistic to tag i can't understand the sequence i read, for example ;
2016-12-27 18:19:40 became 131273327807242714

then i would like to know how  to import new value...

tx

Re: How to use playback statistics to change added time of files

Reply #1
See this post on the calculation required (Excel is handy):
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?PHPSESSID=e6q3cj287hbk7uhdpj0nodiku6&topic=100566.msg832723#msg832723

C.

EDIT: I did an excel calculator precisely for this purpose years ago:
http://www.giantpygmy.net/stuff/ha/timestamp_calculator_for_foobar2000_stats.zip

If you're okay with Excel, pretty easy to create a column with original bought date (properly formatted as a number / date "1/1/2002" so Excel knows it's a date), have next column run the calculation then copy + "paste special" as values to a third column. Then someone else will tell you the best way to get those values into the appropriate tags of your flac files, then:
right click on file > playback statistics > import data from file tags.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #2
Hey there,

That calculator from carpman is probably better to convert dates (very cool!), but for extra info see also this thread in which MordredKLB provides a javascript method (although without timezone).

In my limited testing though I could never get date values (converted number) to import from tags. Not sure why, possibly because newer dates were already in the database? The only way that worked was to right-click > PS > copy/paste stats from another track.

Best of luck :)

Reply #3
In my limited testing though I could never get date values (converted number) to import from tags. Not sure why, possibly because newer dates were already in the database? The only way that worked was to right-click > PS > copy/paste stats from another track.
@anamorphic -- Yeah - I might be wrong about this, but doesn't fb2k's playback stats block the adoption of dates that are more recent than the existing values? I might be wrong about this - it's been a while since I messed around with this stuff. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge can chime in.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #4
Yep, something like that is going on. All I know for sure is it is more nuisance than it should be. ::)  Even 'reset statistics' does not remove the %added% date, limiting what you can do to change it. Otherwise you could simply change the date in Windows to the past ("hello 1995!") and add tracks again.

Might be easier for the OP to just use a custom field for %purchased% date, to be honest.

Cheers ;)

Reply #5
Yeah!!!
Thanks guys i've done it!!!

Just a little work on my database now...!!!

best thanks!

Reply #6
I got a problem
I cannot change playback statistic added date when it is later than the date actualy register...

i did some mistakes and i can't rectify!

any solution??

Reply #7
Hi there... As I said above, copy and paste statistics from another track in your library with the date you want. Be warned I think that replaces the added date and play count. You should have made backups as well, then you can restore if stuff happens. ;)

Reply #8
ya it works, thanks