Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to open double-clicked files in a new playlist [TOS#5] (Read 2030 times) previous topic - next topic

How to open double-clicked files in a new playlist [TOS#5]

Nice 

-> While I've got you  perhaps you can also answer the following:

Is there a setting I can tweak to make double-clicked mp3s (in Windows Explorer, not in Foobar) open in a new playlist as opposed to the current/visible playlist?

Reply #1
First, I hope you know you can always Edit > Undo (Ctrl+Z) any changes (for example when you lose a playlist because it gets replaced with what you have clicked on in the Explorer).

Anyway, there are two options under Preferences > Shell Integration related to this behavior.
"
  • Set "Enqueue" as the default action" makes the clicked file(s) to be appended to the playlist, not replace the current contents.
    "
  • Always send new files to playlist: [________]" changes where the files from outside go directly. People are known to use playlists called like "Default" or "Incoming" for this.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
1) Another Good-to-know tip

"
  • Set "Enqueue" as the default action" makes the clicked file(s) to be appended to the playlist, not replace the current contents.
    "
  • Always send new files to playlist: [________]" changes where the files from outside go directly. People are known to use playlists called like "Default" or "Incoming" for this.

2)  That just blew my mind

Those are immediately very helpful.

The only question now is that the added files do not automatically start playing - is the Enqueue setting affecting that?
Any way to have both functions enabled?

Reply #3
Yes, enqueue doesn't start playback, well that's how things are.
If the above doesn't work for you, there are other ways how to get tracks into a playlist like drag & drop or using one of the ML viewers, which might be more comfortable.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #4
Yes, enqueue doesn't start playback, well that's how things are.
If the above doesn't work for you, there are other ways how to get tracks into a playlist like drag & drop or using one of the ML viewers, which might be more comfortable.

Now I've got Enqueue deselected & "Always send new files to playlist" selected, which is a nice compromise for the time being.
I'll play around with both settings over time and let that determine which combination fits best.

Thanks again so much Yirkha!