Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_effect (Read 249080 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_effect

Reply #550
FR for the IIR Filter effect on this component: The ability to set frequency value to fractional values, rename frequency value from "Frequency (db)" to "Frequency (Hz)", higher order filters (up to 40th order) and coefficient configurations (Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev type I and II, Elliptic, Critically-damped, and Linkwitz-Riley crossover filters) for all filter types (including low and high shelving and peaking filters), and channel configuration to EQ specific channels (including Mid and Side channels)

Of course, I'd like to see high-order low-shelf filter for bass boosting at 69Hz or 75Hz and below with similar sound to fb2k's built-in EQ but minimum-phase (to avoid pre-ring) for Butterworth case, and type I Chebyshev low-shelf filter with passband ripple of 6dB or more for sounding like WMP's 10 band EQ when boosting first two bands (31.5Hz and 63Hz respectively)

Reply #551
Have the DSP Effect plugins been updated or released out of beta yet?

Reply #552
I never really felt the need. For me it fills my needs so far of what I wanted to accomplish with the component, which I do want to rewrite for use in my own personal tech, which would mean rewriting the entire thing to use SSE/NEON. So it seemed to me kinda pointless just to bump a version number.

Why do you ask? :)

Reply #553
Since the last update was still a beta release, I wondered if the component still had bugs or was abandoned altogether.

Reply #554
I'll reiterate what I said:
For me it fills my needs so far of what I wanted to accomplish with the component

So I didn't feel the need to push a version number for the sake of it, just so people can see "line go up".