Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hardware Audio Compression (Read 4339 times) previous topic - next topic

Hardware Audio Compression

My aim to capture live audio signal from mic,which should be connected to Audio compression chip, Which should convert to digital and compress it then give to microcontroller unit and again microcontroller will forward same to audio decompression chip, where the speaker is attached and that chip should again convert to analog signal with decompress and play via Speaker. I can't run software CODEC in software, which needs kernal in microcotroller and i can't port kernal due to lack of memory. So can any one suggest that chip which will do job for me.

Reply #1
Take a look at http://www.vlsi.fi, they seem to produce the IC's that should meet your needs.

Reply #2
I would get a better microcontroller.

Reply #3
I would get a better microcontroller.

That sounds good. But this is not a major functionality in my application. The controller which i am using which is already loaded with many functions. which is only the controller to do. I don't want to change platform.