Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI (Read 27208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI

Reply #75
  • use legacy no frame(windows 10 and blow, test needed)

https://github.com/ttsping/foo_flowin/releases/tag/0.1.6

Sorry for late reply. The "No Frame" option still appears to have 2px border on Win10. Using "Album Art Viewer" to test. The border color seems to be whatever the foobar background color is set to (in Preferences > Display > DUI > Colors And Fonts)

flowin reserved 2px border to resize window. and recently commits removed this when not resizable.

Reply #76
I use a lot of popup windows because my full screen is a single panel devoted to the Georgia theme.  I've thanked you before for this fantastic component, but I just wanted to thank you again for your latest version.  The bring to top feature and the ability to move and resize panels without a frame have greatly enhanced my use of this component.  Thank you very much.

Reply #77
The component randomly crashes my graphic driver (screen goes blank but I can still hear audio; forced restart required). Crash is unrelated to using FB or panel - last crash occured playing in background.

Using Win10 with most compatible video driver for my card, FB 1.6.10 DUI using the component with SMP 1.6.1 and Wilb's bio panel 1.2 to display album art in full screen window (keyboard trigger to activate).

Issue goes away when component is uninstalled. Have tested multiple times.

Reply #78
The component randomly crashes my graphic driver (screen goes blank but I can still hear audio; forced restart required). Crash is unrelated to using FB or panel - last crash occured playing in background.
Please test the new version. if the problem persists, please provide the crash log or right click inside task manager and select create dump file and upload. otherwise it is difficult to analyze the problem.

Reply #79
Please test the new version. if the problem persists, please provide the crash log or right click inside task manager and select create dump file and upload. otherwise it is difficult to analyze the problem.

thanks - will definitely test it.

Reply #80
Can you provide the option to hide on the right edge of the screen? Thanks.

Reply #81

Running 2 FB instances and both have been stable the past weeks - thanks!

Reply #82
Right click on the title bar, check the menu "Auto hide when snapped", then drag it to the right side of the screen, it will be automatically hidden.

Reply #83
Right click on the title bar, check the menu "Auto hide when snapped", then drag it to the right side of the screen, it will be automatically hidden.
It works, thank you very much, I like the skin you posted earlier, but I want displaying the large size album cover automatically when the cursor moves to the album cover area, how to modify the script?

Reply #84
but I want displaying the large size album cover automatically when the cursor moves to the album cover area, how to modify the script?
That skin script wasn't written by me, there was a writer in the script. I'm just sharing, and I'm also looking forward to enthusiastic people being able to reinvent it.

Reply #85
foo_flowin v0.2.0 releases
!!!BACKUP CONFIGURATION BEFORE UPGRADE!!!
+ add x64 support
+ add 'show in the taskbar'
* dark mode support

Reply #86
@always.beta

> + add 'show in the taskbar'
How do i use it?

Is it like this?
https://i.imgur.com/EgyQbyy.png
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #88
Older plugins (i.e. custom DIY VU-meters) don't work with FB2k 2.0 version.
 Is any chance to make it work again?

Reply #89
Older plugins (i.e. custom DIY VU-meters) don't work with FB2k 2.0 version.
 Is any chance to make it work again?
It is not within the scope of flowin's ability.

Reply #90
Another min interface example made with flowin --- Vibe https://github.com/seongbin/Vibe
Double-click the min interface to wake up the main interface, and you can explore other rich operations.

As a supplement, flowin currently does not support scripts to define the initialization position. If the resolution of your computer is inconsistent with that of the author of Vibe, you cannot find the min interface (beyond the screen) at the first startup. Remember to reset the position in the main menu-view-flowin .

Reply #91
I have foo_flowin 0.2.1 installed in a system installed fb2k 1.6.16 and a portable installation of fb2k v2.1 preview 2023-08-28.

Yesterday fb2k 1.6.16 started crashing on startup. Since foo_flowin was the most recently installed component, I uninstalled it, and fb2k stopped crashing on startup. (Crash log attached below)

I use foo_flowin with "Show on startup" unchecked.

I went ahead and replaced version 0.2.1 with foo_flowin 0.1.6 in fb2k 1.6.16 and that is fine with me. I am only providing the above information in case it might be of some use to the component's developer.

A question: What is "Edit Mode" for (See screenshot)? When selected nothing seems to happen.

This is most likely already known, in the fb2k Components window foo_flowin version 0.2.1 is listed as 0.2.0 beta.

Running fb2k on a Windows 11, Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop.

Reply #92
I have foo_flowin 0.2.1 installed in a system installed fb2k 1.6.16 and a portable installation of fb2k v2.1 preview 2023-08-28.

Yesterday fb2k 1.6.16 started crashing on startup. Since foo_flowin was the most recently installed component, I uninstalled it, and fb2k stopped crashing on startup. (Crash log attached below)

I use foo_flowin with "Show on startup" unchecked.

I went ahead and replaced version 0.2.1 with foo_flowin 0.1.6 in fb2k 1.6.16 and that is fine with me. I am only providing the above information in case it might be of some use to the component's developer.

A question: What is "Edit Mode" for (See screenshot)? When selected nothing seems to happen.

This is most likely already known, in the fb2k Components window foo_flowin version 0.2.1 is listed as 0.2.0 beta.

Running fb2k on a Windows 11, Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop.
The stack dump shows nothing related to foo_flowin. Plz update foo_playlist_attributes and try again.

Reply #93
The same as 'Layout Editing Mode' in default foobar - right-click in the Flowin' window to add splitters and panels.

Reply #94
The same as 'Layout Editing Mode' in default foobar - right-click in the Flowin' window to add splitters and panels.

Pretty sure I would not have figured that out on my own.

Edit: Typo

Reply #95
One thing I cannot finger out .
I want to create a mini theme .
When the mean foobar2000 is open . I create a button to open the flowin panel .
How can I close on the same time the mean foobar and only show the mini player theme ?
The button is like this :
fb.RunMainMenuCommand("view/flowin/....)
Which command can close the mean foobar or hide it ?

Reply #96
How can I close on the same time the mean foobar and only show the mini player theme ?
When you close the main window, the mini window does not close at the same time, and you can set the mini window to always be displayed at the top.  Or upload a file or record a video.

Reply #97
When you close the main window, the mini window does not close at the same time, and you can set the mini window to always be displayed at the top.  Or upload a file or record a video.

Thanks I will try this 😃😃😃

Reply #98
The View menu has native commands for 'Activate', 'Hide', and 'Activate Or Hide' - this one toggles the main window. (They are hidden by default, hold Shift key > click View to see)

Reply #99
The View menu has native commands for 'Activate', 'Hide', and 'Activate Or Hide' - this one toggles the main window. (They are hidden by default, hold Shift key > click View to see)

thanks a lot guys .
i will try to post my new flowin panels later ....