Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Giving a track an id3 'colour' tag (Read 2716 times) previous topic - next topic

Giving a track an id3 'colour' tag

Alright chaps, just wondering if there's any programs (or if not, whether the writing of metadata would be supported) to effectively give a track a colour as to what it's properties are.

When I used to play out with vinyl, I'd quite often tag each one with a colour, depending on the style of the track.

This would quickly help me make choices when digging through the crate.

Are there any programs? I could write an app to tag my MP3's etc with id3v2 info if that's technically possible (would need a little reading on my behalf, I admit)

Reply #1
foobar can do it.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
MP3Tag allows you to create custom ID3 tags.

Reply #3
Foobar supports both creating custom tags and reading them so you could use it to tag your collection with whatever colors you wish and then use that tag as criteria for building playlists or autoplaylists.

Reply #4
Cheers for the ideas guys.

I'm actually and avid Linux user, so I'm going to create an application to do this. Should be fairly simple really.

Read in all the files, displayed with the id3 tag colours... allow for playlist creation.