Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 222153 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #375
- I have selected artist in filter or facet or just multiple playlist items that have same artist - in this case "Search for same > Artist" should be available

The query used for a certain search could also be used as grouping pattern: so if the selection contains just one group then a senseful search could be performed. I can't estimate if filtering context menu items is technically feasible when you have many search presets - i could live with a small popup-window that tells me that a search is not possible because the selections contains more than one group.

It can extend it functionality in playlist view, but mainly I think as new function in all media library views.

I also suggested multiple selection for database search but also had an idea to show results in a uielement/panel (without using context menu but an selection info viewer that automatically changes it s content when you change the selection): look here

Database Search

Reply #376
Is there a way to integrate this into the default foobar2k ui? I'm looking for a search plugin able to do this. Sorry if that was already mentioned.

Database Search

Reply #377
I have barely enough time for bug fixes of my foobar2000 component, so new features are out of the question.

Database Search

Reply #378
I've changed my windows color settings for "window item" to grey:

i.e. playlist dropdown toolbar got it but db_search has it's own white color set and only icon bg gets setting from my windows color settings

I edited foo_dbsearch_api_demo.dll but don't know to which control should I change WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW or how to change it style so that it accept window color
Any tips?

Database Search

Reply #379
Do standard edit controls have a grey background in your Windows theme? Forget about WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, that approach is completely wrong.

Database Search

Reply #380
CUI's typefind got the color, although it's input control
others no, of course, they are white too. i thought that there is some easy solution
i've changed playlist dropdown bg to white

Database Search

Reply #381
It seems that typefind is completely custom-drawn and does not use Windows themes. The Database Search API demo bar on the other hand only uses custom drawing (without support for Windows themes) for the icon within the edit control, the rest of the control is drawn by Windows (with support for Windows themes, of couse).

Database Search

Reply #382
it seems also that foobar search input boxes take "window" color as it background, thou resource editor won't do it, as you said

Database Search

Reply #383
Is there a way to sort 'Find Most Words' results by the number of word matches?

Database Search

Reply #384
Krushr: I'd have to look at the source code to be sure. The documentation doesn't mention anything, and considering that I've always tried to keep this component well-document, that probably means no.

Database Search

Reply #385
Any chance you could upload the source for this again?  The links from earlier on in the thread no longer work.

Database Search

Reply #386
I've changed my windows color settings for "window item" to grey:

i.e. playlist dropdown toolbar got it but db_search has it's own white color set and only icon bg gets setting from my windows color settings

I edited foo_dbsearch_api_demo.dll but don't know to which control should I change WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW or how to change it style so that it accept window color
Any tips?

same problem here
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7227/catturazr.jpg
just changed colors and font in "display" tab in foobar preferences, but nothing is changed...any help?

Database Search

Reply #387
@foosion:

any chance to make this plugin resizeable ?

thx

Database Search

Reply #389
what i miss is scrolling (left/right)

Database Search

Reply #391
I'm wondering how to search the content of a field into another one. Typically, I have a MOOD field and a MOODEND field. I would like to search into the MOOD field of all tracks that match the MOODEND field of a certain track. Would that be possible with foo_dbsearch? Thanks!!!!

Database Search

Reply #392
Also, when I try to use the '<' (less-than sign) or '>' (greater-than sign) operators with a text field (ex: %mood%>H3), it doesn't work... I thought the sorting order was lexicographical, that is it compared two texts character by character, Is it not the case anymore or am I just not typing the fuction correctly? Thanks again!

Database Search

Reply #393
Go to the "Database Search" preferences page (in the "Media Library" section). Choose the "Format Presets" tab. Click the "Add..." button to add a new preset. Set the name to "Next Mood" or whatever you like. Set the format to the following code:
Code: [Select]
%%mood%% IS "%moodend%"
Click OK, then click the checkbox of the new preset. Finally set the parameters in the "Search for same" section to "Search in [Media Library] using the [Query] mode." This will give you a "Search for Same/Next Mood" command in the context menu which should do what you want.

Regarding your second question: I faintly remember that some old version of foo_dbsearch supported a query syntax with the > and < operators (and some other funky features). However this syntax is not supported in the current version.

Database Search

Reply #394
Go to the "Database Search" preferences page (in the "Media Library" section). Choose the "Format Presets" tab. Click the "Add..." button to add a new preset. Set the name to "Next Mood" or whatever you like. Set the format to the following code:
Code: [Select]
%%mood%% IS "%moodend%"
Click OK, then click the checkbox of the new preset. Finally set the parameters in the "Search for same" section to "Search in [Media Library] using the [Query] mode." This will give you a "Search for Same/Next Mood" command in the context menu which should do what you want.

Regarding your second question: I faintly remember that some old version of foo_dbsearch supported a query syntax with the > and < operators (and some other funky features). However this syntax is not supported in the current version.

Wow, wonderful! Thanks Foosion, works great indeed! It's a very smart way of doing this, thank you so much for sharing it with me. 
I'm wondering though whether it would be possible to set the Query mode of the Search for Same sectino only for this Format Preset. Because otherwise it screws with the other Presets I use. Therefore this suggestion: maybe it would be appropriate to be able to select one mode per preset, which would then eanble the different Presets to be linked to a keyboard shorcut and work seamlessly without having then to remember to change manually the mode in the Search for Same popup window.

Regarding the second question, it's what's documented in the "Testing the value of fields" section of the Database Search v1.4 online documentation:
To test if a field value sorts before or after a given text, use the '<' (less-than sign) or '>' (greater-than sign) operator. The sorting order is lexicographically, that is it compares two texts character by character, with the exception of numeric fields which are compared as natural numbers.
Source: http://foosion.foobar2000.org/help/0.9/foo...odes_word_based

Would you have any idea how I could maybe use a similar syntax to find the results that sort before or after a given alphanumeric value? Thanks again!

Database Search

Reply #395
Sorry, you are right regarding the less than and greater than operators. I guess I need to use my own plugin more often.  I am not sure though why they do not produce the expected results. I would have to dig out the source code.

Database Search

Reply #396
Sorry, you are right regarding the less than and greater than operators. I guess I need to use my own plugin more often.  I am not sure though why they do not produce the expected results. I would have to dig out the source code.

Ok, let me know if you find something.

Alors, are brackets () supported in the query syntax? Ex: Artist IS bla AND (performer HAS blo OR performer IS instrumental)

Thanks again Foosion!

Database Search

Reply #397
It's OK for the brackets, it just requires the decimal unicode character: $char(40) for "(" and $char(41) for ")".

Database Search

Reply #398

Any update on the less than and greater than operators?

Cheers!!!

Database Search

Reply #399
Is it possible to make the "Track focus in playlist" also work for playlists other  than the active playlist? (so that it switches to another playlist if the song is present on any of the playlists that are loaded in foobar)

Any updates on this feature? Is there any way to go to the playlist which contains selected track from the search results?