Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIO Drivers (Read 4742 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIO Drivers

On Windows 10 Pro 64, when configuring foobar2000 > File > Preferences > Playback > Output > ASIO > ASIO drivers > Double click an entry to activate the driver's control panel, the control panel does not appear when I double click on any entry. Any suggestions to fix?
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Re: ASIO Drivers

Reply #2
exaSound e62 dac, usb.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #3
Finally got ASIO drivers' control panels to pull up, but now I'm getting unrecoverable error. I was able to configure foobar before for the same dac using the same settings I am now using without this error appearing.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #4
ASIO drivers have the reputation of being unreliable, if they are not extremely well written, like the RME ones. Is it possible for you to use the default outputs instead of the ASIO ones, with the same card?

Reply #5
ASIO drivers have the reputation of being unreliable, if they are not extremely well written, like the RME ones. Is it possible for you to use the default outputs instead of the ASIO ones, with the same card?
Here is a note from the specifications of the e62 on this webpage:

Notes:
• ASIO Compatible player like Roon,JRiver and Player is requited on Windows.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #6
Took a look at your error screenshot. Why have you configured foobar2000 to resample things to ~1.4 MHz? Your device doesn't support it.

Reply #7
Took a look at your error screenshot. Why have you configured foobar2000 to resample things to ~1.4 MHz? Your device doesn't support it.
I have not: I have configured all ASIOs to output to 512DSD which is supported by the e62.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #8
As far as resampling is concerned, I removed all resampling which is configurable and still get the same error.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #9
Just a wild guess but have you installed some silly DSD plugins and DSD transcoders and configured those to be used? Your screenshot shows you are trying to play audio CD and CDs are always at 44100 Hz. 44.1 kHz doesn't turn into megahertz range without active resampling.

Reply #10
Just a wild guess but have you installed some silly DSD plugins and DSD transcoders and configured those to be used? Your screenshot shows you are trying to play audio CD and CDs are always at 44100 Hz. 44.1 kHz doesn't turn into megahertz range without active resampling.
For an explanation of how I configured foobar for on-the-fly DSD output, go to Foobar 2000 for Dummies (Part 2) – Playing DSD – SACD plugin (0.9.x and 1.x.x Series) > SECTION 1 > OLD MODES (for those with DACs not compatible with the DSDTranscoder) > Mode 4: upsampling with the plugin and the “foo_dsd_asio” proxy. In the 'ASIO device' table for my e62, for all Input values, I have the following values entered: Output = 512DSD; Convertor = SDM type D; Sample&Hold = NONE; DSD Mode = DSD.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #12
I hope you realise that DSD is inferior format and you do yourself a great disservice by converting everything into it. Not only do you hurt audio fidelity but you also add a lot of CPU load by unnecessary resampling.

My suggestion would be to remove DSD processor and configure foo_input_sacd to convert everything to sane PCM, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. That way you get optimal audio quality, minimum resources wasted and all features work.

Reply #13
I hope you realise that DSD is inferior format and you do yourself a great disservice by converting everything into it. Not only do you hurt audio fidelity but you also add a lot of CPU load by unnecessary resampling.

My suggestion would be to remove DSD processor and configure foo_input_sacd to convert everything to sane PCM, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. That way you get optimal audio quality, minimum resources wasted and all features work.
My suggestion is that you listen to the difference configuring for on-the-fly 512DSD output on my system makes. As far as CPU load is concerned, there is no problem. I have had this up and running, configured as previously explained, and only started having a problem when I decided to add JRiver Media Center
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #14

I now have foobar successfully configured for on-the-fly 512DSD output and signal confirmation of such by the exasound dashboard, but no volume regardless of volume settings of both foobar and exasound dashboard. I do get sound when using JRiver. Puzzling.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #15

I now have foobar successfully configured for on-the-fly 512DSD output and signal confirmation of such by the exasound dashboard, but no volume regardless of volume settings of both foobar and exasound dashboard. I do get sound when using JRiver. Puzzling.
Problem solved: volume becomes immediately present when volume slider on foobar is moved the slightest amount. Don't know why this is necessary, but hey, it works and that's all that matters.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #17
Any reason why the slider has to be moved after playing has started in order to initiate sound: it used to play sound with a preset volume level without having to move the slider.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ