Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #2 and unsolicited ranting about Microsoft] From: foo_keep_queue (Read 1265 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #2 and unsolicited ranting about Microsoft] From: foo_keep_queue

What are you doing at all? What list? What means intact?

This little component works so far for me - means: starting another track manually doesn't flush the playback queue.

well, first if you dont know what intact means...ill wait for someone who does

Reply #1
db1989 gave you probably the answer and i edited my post to show how you should have described it better.

Just of curiosity: How old are you? My question isn't meant offending. 

edit:
and yes...i do talk like i am posting..directly in front of the person/s. there is no other way.
There is another way, my young friend: speak more precisely! 

Reply #2
db1989 gave you probably the answer and i edited my post to show how you should have described it better.
i should
Just of curiosity: How old are you? My question isn't meant offending. 

edit:
and yes...i do talk like i am posting..directly in front of the person/s. there is no other way.
There is another way, my young friend: speak more precisely! 

see..there in-lies the problem. that answer could very well have been given long before it was. but many people seem perhaps anal? i should have done more exploring in preferences. that is my fault. i did do what that person instructed..under shell integration. but see that is another problem. why do most if not all people in these forums...assume we should know where to go? i should have been treated like a foobar for dummies (which i am) and show me the entire path. not simply this ---------->then activate the option Set "en-queue" as the default action. look...thanx for the help. i just think when someone asks a question he or she should not have to divulge all this BS info..and give up a 1st born to get assistance. my question was a simple one. but i have to read...its not a list..its a queue. you really, truly had to have me write back and say..queue before i get an answer? look..and im not just saying this. if i have a good handle on something and someone asks me for guidance...i render it fully and completely..as in spoon fed assuming he or she knows nothing or very little about it..otherwise this person would not be asking in the 1st damn place. that is what separates a great teacher from a teacher who is truly wise beyond compare...but does not know how to "teach/instruct". do you think i would ask for help if i didn't have to? i said i definitely should have done more exploring on my own. it should be assumed i know zero though. i think? maybe not.

and what the hell does age have anything to do with anything? i have seen a lot..been through a lot and see the world in a much different "light" than others. its corrupt, devoid and bankrupt. just like many people are. that makes me cynical/skeptical and yea..pessimistic. i trust no one...period. i don't have to trust you besides simply giving me an answer to a stupid question! i am admitting ignorance or i would not have asked in the 1st place. i aint stupid...ignorance simple means not being exposed to it yet. i am not unwilling nor incapable of learning but i can be lazy..and ask too soon...thus why i get  the reply's i get. they want me to work for it. ill go back to assisting. if someone asks for my help i give it..i don't ask them to do this and that first...and then maybe ill relinquish it. if its a chronic type thing...then yea..its time to make them work a bit 1st!

i am not offended...i am 54 all too soon. retired and do what i want when i want..thus why i ramble too much. i have time too! you don't have to read it! i thank u guys for the help..i really do. i think this last one is it. the default en-gueue thing. i have problems on win 7 with foobar for some damn reason..none with XP. and that is why i now have two MACS. screw MS. i wish you guys could develop foo for MAC.

i don't intentionally try and piss people off. my nature is my nature. if i can no longer post....fine. i get it. it is what it is. there is WIKI. i had just hoped people would just answer the question..any question pertaining to FOO. for everyone who asks. we ask cuz we need assistance. this is a great APP by and large...otherwise id not use it...obviously i have far from mastered it. thanx again.

Reply #3
i dont know any other way to describe it.
There are severals way to start playback: clicking files in explorer or using explorers contextmenu or pressing playback button from within foobar2000 itself or clicking a track in a foobar2000 playlist. As long as you don't say it more precise we have to guess what you mean.

you download the app and put it into the components "box" from preferences or library/configure then i expect it should work? right?
Right!

what else is there? you say list. what list do you really think i am talking about? im talking about foobar right? so any list is a play-list...i think?
No, there are many lists: the playlist view is a list but also: facets gives you a list, the library search gives you a list and with a 3rd party component you also can display the mysterious playback queue as a list. 

and if i click on the playback tab..all the info (for the queue) is right there.
What is a playback tab? Not existing term in fb2k! 

....it should do as it says. i mean tell me..what else is there?
It does as it says. It's just that you have wrong assumptions about what it should do. If you indeed tries to add files to a playlist from windows explorer (as db1989 assumed) then you already heard the solution for your problem. And if you still want to know what there is else so please start to accept that there is indeed something that you didn't know. 
of course..there is tons i dont know. i freely admit that! and i add files thru explorer and thru foo itself..if that makes sense? i set up my MP3 player to work with explorer..drag and drop instead of having to sync with some POC like win media.
Good night!

Reply #4
i dont know any other way to describe it.
There are severals way to start playback: clicking files in explorer or using explorers contextmenu or pressing playback button from within foobar2000 itself or clicking a track in a foobar2000 playlist. As long as you don't say it more precise we have to guess what you mean.

you download the app and put it into the components "box" from preferences or library/configure then i expect it should work? right?
Right!

what else is there? you say list. what list do you really think i am talking about? im talking about foobar right? so any list is a play-list...i think?
No, there are many lists: the playlist view is a list but also: facets gives you a list, the library search gives you a list and with a 3rd party component you also can display the mysterious playback queue as a list. 

and if i click on the playback tab..all the info (for the queue) is right there.
What is a playback tab? Not existing term in fb2k! 

....it should do as it says. i mean tell me..what else is there?
It does as it says. It's just that you have wrong assumptions about what it should do. If you indeed tries to add files to a playlist from windows explorer (as db1989 assumed) then you already heard the solution for your problem. And if you still want to know what there is else so please start to accept that there is indeed something that you didn't know. 
of course..there is tons i dont know. i freely admit that! and i add files thru explorer and thru foo itself..if that makes sense? i set up my MP3 player to work with explorer..drag and drop instead of having to sync with some POC like win media.
Good night!
u r kidding right? there is no playback tab? its on the player for christ sake..aint it? its on mine! u know what a tab is right? i mean and u guys wonder y i get weird/pissy. no playback tab? what planet are u on? or is this a german app maybe? i really am asking?! maybe we have a simple communication discrepancy. no playback tab on foo...i dont know what foo u have..but my foo has a playback tab..u know next to file, edit and view? lets forget it...cuz something is really strange here..no playback tab..what am i missing?!

Reply #5

and i add files thru explorer and thru foo itself..if that makes sense?

If you simply want the active playlist to keep all of its contents when you send a file to it from Windows Explorer, then activate the option Set "enqueue" as the default action.

Reply #6
i mean when i make a playlist..any list in foobar...then i click on playback and have a check mark in "keep queue"..what other list is there? it has to be a playlist [. . .] if i have a check mark in "keep gueue"..it should keep it and not flush it. are you telling me there is some magic list that i dont know about that only works with this plug in?

For the sake of removing all doubt:

A playlist is not the same as the playback queue.

when you/me click on playback it shows playback queue viewer...that is where i am getting viewer list from

So, are you referring to a playlist, as implied by your previous paragraph, or the queue, as implied by this one?

If you simply want the active playlist to keep all of its contents when you send a file to it from Windows Explorer, then activate the option Set "enqueue" as the default action.

this is the answer i wanted all along. anal..anal...anal

Reply #7
In that context i think it is appropriate to say that the name of option and comman "enqueue" is not choosen cleverly because in all other parts of fb2k that action is called "add".

"enqueue" indeed can lead to the wrong assumption that it is somehow related to playback queue

Edit
On the other side i have now the feeling that maniacal is fooling us. I guess it is my faul to have wasted my time.

truly..i am not attempting too fool anyone..the web is like everything else..its global...we have a typical communication "thing"....you can call that a tab..u can call it a playback menu..who cares? can everyone honestly tell me its not a tab? yea..ok..its.. a tab..its a menu..that is not the point. the point is i was trying to get u guys to see what i was talking about. i need to call it a menu (when in my mind its called a tab) to get assistance?! like i said...anal. christ who gives a rats ass? ohhhh..its actually a menu play-list...ohhh OK..i get it. jesus h christ..just try to help will ya? here is my bottom line...MS sucks. i have a problem with win 7 not xp...and i need to worry about my configuration...what i have installed on the PC...etc...cuz MS sucks. im certainly not blaming foobar....its MS/windows is my problem and i was hoping someone else had the same problem and could help...thats it. this aint life altering changing stuff...just trying to get foo to behave with win 7 and my network. if u think u wasted your time trying to help id say u r wrong...if your conscious is telling u otherwise..i cannot help that.

u dont honestly think i get on here to "fool" people do u? i get on here 4 help..and that is it....do i ramble? yea! im trying to get a point across!

maybe it is u that is fooling me eh? and im no canadian...with "eh"....im an american as in...fucking eh! jesus h christ holy ******* sh*t.....

he