Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New user needs help finding a good front end (Read 2084 times) previous topic - next topic

New user needs help finding a good front end

Hello all,

I have discovered EAC/FLAC and am loving the quality....however I would like to make it an easier process to select files.

I have a s-video output on my video card that I would like to use with a small, 13" TV to display some sort of a front-end to select/play FLAC files. I then want to get an IR solution to be able to navigate through folders to select tracks to play.

Ideally, I would be able to choose files in an explorer type setting, using four-way directional buttons (that I could program into my pronto).

Is this possible? Im currently running W2K.

Thanks for any help!

New user needs help finding a good front end

Reply #1
Hello all,

I have discovered EAC/FLAC and am loving the quality....however I would like to make it an easier process to select files.

I have a s-video output on my video card that I would like to use with a small, 13" TV to display some sort of a front-end to select/play FLAC files. I then want to get an IR solution to be able to navigate through folders to select tracks to play.

Ideally, I would be able to choose files in an explorer type setting, using four-way directional buttons (that I could program into my pronto).

Is this possible? Im currently running W2K.

Thanks for any help!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245468"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foobar2000!  Also, google for "htpc".
------- Rick -------
--------------------