Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cdparanoia/whipper offset problem. (Read 1445 times) previous topic - next topic

cdparanoia/whipper offset problem.

I am right now trying out the application whipper and I have setup my HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4167B (revision DL11) to use +667 samples of offset. This works great in Windows using EAC and the accuraterip comprisons comes out correct but in Linux using the same offset I can't get any rips correct. I have tried whipper's auto offset finder but it crashes after about thirty different offset tests.

Have someone else than me also experienced that an offset that works under Windows does not work correct under Linux (cdparanoia) and does someone have any clue how I can find out the correct value to use under Linux?

Thanks in advance.

Re: cdparanoia/whipper offset problem.

Reply #1
You might get more responses by posting on the project's GitHub page: https://github.com/JoeLametta/whipper/issues
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Re: cdparanoia/whipper offset problem.

Reply #2
Thank you, dutch109.