Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatic album information with foobar2000? (Read 5037 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatic album information with foobar2000?

I can't post in the official forums for some reason.

Can't I get foobar to fill in track information automatically for audio CDs I play on my computer? I'm not as interested in album art, but I always get ? question marks ? where I should see artist and track information.

Thanks!

Re: Automatic album information with foobar2000?

Reply #1
Preferences->Tools->Tagging->freedb Tagger

Reply #2

I checked, thinking this must be a setting I do not have enabled. Under Server, I have freedb.freedb.org, and nothing else.

I am not automatically getting track information for any retail audio CD.

I can right-click on all the tracks and manually choose to get track information, but can this be automatic?

Reply #3
I am not able to post in the foobar2000 forum. Maybe it's private or something.

EAC looks up CD metadata just fine. http://freedb.freedb.org:80/~cddb/cddb.cgi is the server.

Tools\Tagging\freedb Tagger\Edit lists freedb.freedb.org, port 80, with the address of /~cddb/cddb.cgi, and it does not work. By that, I mean foobar2000 does not AUTOMATICALLY retrieve and apply tag information for audio CDs. I can right-click on the "mystery" tracks and "Get tags from freedb."

Is foobar2000 unable to AUTOMATICALLY retrieve CD information?

If foobar2000 can automatically retrieve and apply CD information, how do I enable this?

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Merged this post into existing topic.

Reply #4

I checked, thinking this must be a setting I do not have enabled. Under Server, I have freedb.freedb.org, and nothing else.

I am not automatically getting track information for any retail audio CD.
That setting was likely for a much older version of foobar2000.

The Automatically look up metadata for untagged CDs option in Preferences->Advanced->Tools->CD Ripper appears to be the equivalent setting in the current version of foobar2000. However, it only seems to work with the Rip function of the CD Audio Decoder, so unfortunately not with the Play function.

@Peter , would it possible to get the setting to work with the CD Audio Decoder's Play and Add to playlist functions, as it currently does with the Rip function?