Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: e-mail notifications (Read 11371 times) previous topic - next topic

e-mail notifications

Any known issues with the e-mail notification of replies to topics you subscribe to?  I should have received quite some notifications by now, judging by the lively discussions in a couple of topics I'm following, but since last weekend my otherwise OK mailbox hasn't been getting anything from Hydrogenaudio anymore.  And yes, all subscribed topics say "Immediate Email Notification" in my control panel.

I have direct access to the log files of the SMTP servers receiving the mail for the domain name of my mailbox, and their spam filters' logs too: plenty of e-mail from just about anywhere, but nothing at all from HA lately.

Thanks for clearing this out.

(Here goes: another "Enable email notification of replies" ticked )

e-mail notifications

Reply #1
No answer, I'm afraid (you'll need an admin to get any sense), but just to say that I do receive notifications to my gmail account, and also... testes testes 1-2-3! (did you get this?)
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #2
testes testes 1-2-3! (did you get this?)
Nope  My mail servers' logs are still showing no sign of HA on the radar this afternoon.

Am I starting to lose my mind, or should I somehow consider it normal that the number of views of this very thread is still on a virgin 0?  How did you ever get around to replying when you haven't even viewed this, Synthetic Soul?

Edit: appearantly I am losing my mind, because now it says 20 views 

e-mail notifications

Reply #3
actually i too didn't get any notifications about the threads that i was supposed to be watching O.O

e-mail notifications

Reply #4
Am I starting to lose my mind, or should I somehow consider it normal that the number of views of this very thread is still on a virgin 0?  How did you ever get around to replying when you haven't even viewed this, Synthetic Soul?
Maybe the stats are only updated on a timer, and not realtime, or possibly my view as a mod doesn't count?

I can't see why some would receive alerts and not others.  I'm going to watch this thread now, as an experiment.
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #5

Edit: appearantly I am losing my mind, because now it says 20 views 

The thread views are updated in batch once every 6 hours or so. This significantly lowers the server load.

e-mail notifications

Reply #6
Spooky. I haven't received an email alert for Garf's post (yet).

I'm always getting them for the REACT thread, often within seconds of the post.
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #7
Quote from: Garf link=msg=0 date=
The thread views are updated in batch once every 6 hours or so. This significantly lowers the server load.
Makes perfect sense.  Thanks.

Quote from: Synthetic Soul link=msg=0 date=
Spooky. I haven't received an email alert for Garf's post (yet).
How about now?

I'm still getting nothing at all

e-mail notifications

Reply #8
Not as yet.

Maybe there's a limit you can be subscribed to?  If so, it should really tell you though.

Still confused.

Edit: I've just unsubscribed from a load of threads, so we'll see if that has any effect.
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #9
same thing has happened for me, no notifications at all for a week I think.

for me, notifications go to a yahoo.com addr, maybe that has something to do with it.  but I checked and they're not coming in and getting flagged as spam, they just never arrive.

e-mail notifications

Reply #10
No notification of Josh's post.

The last time I received one was June 17.

I wonder whether this is for all users, all threads, or maybe even just new threads?

I wonder whether reports are working?  I haven't had an email since June 15, but I delete all report PMs (I do read them first!) so cannot correlate. One way to find out...

Edit: Hmm... not received it yet...
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #11
I find that if I sign in, read the new posts in the thread that I'm subscribed to, then sign out, I'll receive only one notification per thread for new posts while i'm signed out. Then I need to sign in, read them and sign out, to receive more notifications from that thread. If I don't read them, I don't get anymore notifications of new posts after the first new post has been made. And this doesn't seem to happen properly all the time, but this could be me and my email provider!

e-mail notifications

Reply #12
Could an admin perhaps enlighten us a bit on the subject?

e-mail notifications

Reply #13
same thing has happened for me, no notifications at all for a week I think.

Besides of this, "validations" seem not to work. From latest 200 registrations, not a single one could validate so far  Check the memberlist ...
/\/\/\/\/\/\

e-mail notifications

Reply #14
1. I still have not received any email alerts, including the report I sent yesterday.

2. I did not receive an email alert for a post to the REACT 2 thread yesterday, which I previously have.

3. From the member list (good spot) it looks like it all went pear shaped on June 18.
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #15
Just to add my two cents, I had also been wondering where the email notifications had gone. It even had me thinking it was my pop3 server that was causing the problem, but clearly not!!!

e-mail notifications

Reply #16
Still awfully silent from Hydrogenaudio in my mailbox.  Any admin cares to look into this?

e-mail notifications

Reply #17
Can someone confirm or deny that the problem is "fixed"?

e-mail notifications

Reply #18
Yes, I received the alert for this thread.

Thanks Garf.
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #19
Me, too, thanks.

e-mail notifications

Reply #20
And I received that one.
I'm on a horse.

e-mail notifications

Reply #21
Looking good.  Thanks a lot!

e-mail notifications

Reply #22
hmm, still no notifications for me  if anyone else with a yahoo.com addr is not getting them either, speak up.  if they're blocking HA I can get it fixed.

e-mail notifications

Reply #23
figured out the problem for me, my HA addr was @sourceforge.net which was getting forwarded to yahoo, so either sourceforge is blocking or the forwarding is not working.  I think they're blocking because I get other forwards (like bug reports) ok.  HTH

e-mail notifications

Reply #24
I believe the "root cause" of this problem has now been resolved. The server is now catching up in sending out all email that was still missing. So you might get some old notifications. Or maybe a lot...

I also removed the workaround I originally put.