Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embed cuesheet into OGG file utilizing its Chapter Extension? (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from OGG not supported by ...

Embed cuesheet into OGG file utilizing its Chapter Extension?

Is there a way to embed a cuesheet into OGG file utilizing its Chapter Extension?

Alas, Utilities menu of Foobar2000 2.1 provides no way to edit chapters of OGG in the same manner we can edit chapters of M4A files via “Utilities/Edit MP4 chapters…”. Which quite strange, because Foobar2000 is able to create multi-track OGG files via “Convert/.../Destination”.

I even tried ffmpeg -i in.cues.flac -c:a libvorbis -q 8 -map_metadata 0 out.cues.ogg, but this only transferred cues into a tag CUESHEET, leaving Foobar2000 and other apps indifferent — OGG is still displayed as a single file in the playlist.
• We can do better about lossy music: Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is a departure from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Clipping-free MP3 encoding for vintage gear: SoX to 44.1 kHz → LoudMax -1 dB ISP → ADClip8 → Smart dither 16 bit → Lame3995o -Q1
• Plz, update WavPack hybrid & FSLAC

[Feature request] Embed cuesheet into OGG file utilizing its Chapter Extension?

Reply #1
Here's an example of a Vorbis file with chapters (cues) that are displayed correctly in MPV and MPC-HC players, but not in Foobar2000. By the way, Opus has the same chapter format. Let's get this off the ground. @Peter, please?

• We can do better about lossy music: Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is a departure from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Clipping-free MP3 encoding for vintage gear: SoX to 44.1 kHz → LoudMax -1 dB ISP → ADClip8 → Smart dither 16 bit → Lame3995o -Q1
• Plz, update WavPack hybrid & FSLAC

Re: Embed cuesheet into OGG file utilizing its Chapter Extension?

Reply #2

Thanks for the sample.

It would appear that there is an inconsistency in the specification:
At first, they declare that chapter numbers are 0 based (specifically, from 0 to 999), then give an example that starts with CHAPTER001.
Some tools use 0-based indexes and that's what my code expects, at least that's what I found in sample files sent to me when implementing this.
Unfortunately, your file starts with CHAPTER001. This currently doesn't work - foobar2000 gives up not finding CHAPTER000. This will be addressed shortly.

Embedding cuesheets in Ogg, noted, next update will enable this.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.