Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CTDB EAC Plugin V. 2.2.3 Problems. (Read 1734 times) previous topic - next topic

CTDB EAC Plugin V. 2.2.3 Problems.

Specs:
EAC Version: V. 1.6
CTDB EAC Plugin: V. 2.2.3

First Problem:
I still encounter the no Coverart issue on version V. 2.2.3 of CTDB in EAC,
It worked on one CD i ripped (Gorillaz - Plastic Beach KAT: 5099962616720) when i was switching CTDB versions about 3 Weeks ago, i think it was on 2.1.6 or 2.2.2 where it worked, but as of now it dosent work on any of the versions for EAC 1.6. it would be nice if it still works or could be fixed in the next version of CTDB or EAC, as of now i'm ignoring Coverart in EAC and switched to getting Coverart externaly but it would be more convenient
to do that inside of EAC.
Second Problem:
The Metadata Search takes forever most of the time on Extensive Search when already every version of the CD from every Metadata Provider is on the Screen you have to wait until it stops to get to the next step of ripping.
Would it help if i turned Coverart seach completely of in the CTDB options when im already not using it?

Re: CTDB EAC Plugin V. 2.2.3 Problems.

Reply #1
Note: There was a update last week to the CTDB with regard to the MusicBrainz library.
Is this issue still happening in the past 7 days?

I still encounter the no Coverart issue on version V. 2.2.3 of CTDB in EAC,
How about a few CTDB TOCID's (from the EAC extraction logs) that I can do some checking on my end.

The Metadata Search takes forever most of the time on Extensive Search
Yes Extensive Search can take a long time

korth

Reply #3
So these are all examples where zero coverart was found ?

Would it help if i turned Coverart seach completely of in the CTDB options when im already not using it?
Selecting Primary for the Covers search mode should be quicker than Extensive. None should be quicker than Primary.[/quote]
korth

Reply #4
I'm not seeing a coverart issue with the first rip. EAC 1.6, plugin 2.2.3, Extensive, Extensive

Are you sure you copied all 8 plugin files to the EAC directory (overwriting and replacing)?
Do you have Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable installed?
korth

Reply #5
im on a Fresh Windows insstall so i will install "Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable". But i have all the files copied to the EAC directory.
Thanks

Reply #6
I installed Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable restarted my Computer after the install and it still did not work.

Reply #7
Are all 8 plugin dll files unblocked?

Reply #8
I will check but what do you mean with "unblocked"?

Reply #9
Right Click > Properties:

korth

Reply #10
There is no box to block or unblock the files an that means they are not blocked,
But could it be that it is not working because i have EAC installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy"
I will make a Backup of EAC to my the root Directotry of my "C:\" Drive and see if it will work there.

Reply #11
Moved EAC to "C:\Exact Audio Copy" and made sure that all CTDB Files were unblocked and had still no luck.
Search Mode Extensive  Extensive Large

Reply #12
I tried a fresh EAC install on a fresh Windows 11 machine but I haven't been able to duplicate your issue.
korth