Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack flash decoder demo and sources (Read 11209 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack flash decoder demo and sources

Some of you may remember that Peter McQuillan created the Java WavPack decoder which made WavPack's inclusion in JavaTunes possible. Well, Peter has done it again! Now he's rewritten the decoder in haXe, which in turn can be compiled into Adobe flash code.

What’s really nice about this for me is that if people want to play a WavPack file without installing anything (I get this request occasionally) I can simply tell them to go to the flash demo and they can play a file anywhere on their system. Very cool!

I believe that flash version 10 is required, but this is still just about as close to a universal WavPack player as there could be. All the sources are under modified BSD (and are available in the demo).

Thanks again Peter! 

Reply #1
this is so cool!
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna implement this into some flash based sound application sooner or later

Reply #2
cool  very nice
play wavpack anywhere!

Reply #3
Very nice indeed, spreading the WV word  !

EDIT: Grammar :-\
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #4
oMge haXe

Reply #5
Peter sent me an update (now v1.1) of the haXe WavPack decoder and I have updated the flash demo on the WavPack site to reflect this. The biggest change is that now it's possible to generate C++ output from the haXe code (and make an executable from that code). He also fixed a minor bug that could cause the CRC calculation to be wrong (although this really didn't cause any problems).

Thanks again, Peter!