Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Matrix Reloaded (Read 11408 times) previous topic - next topic

Matrix Reloaded

I watched Matrix Reloaded yesterday and I have to say that I was
totally blown away. It is simply the coolest, most impressive movie
ever made imo. Especially during the "Neo vs 100's of Smiths" fight
I felt my andrenalin pumping and couldn't stop exclaiming cliche
remarks like "awesome", "wow", "cool". I think it shouldn't even
be called a movie, it is an experience... Anyway, if u haven't seen
it yet, GO SEE IT!!! If u have, go see it again, but in the mean time
tell me your impressions, will ya?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #1
You obviously haven't watched any Chinese kungfu movies before, haven't you?

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #2
I have, but I don't think anything comes close to the choreography in the Matrix.
(plz no kungfu vs. matrix flames)
Wanna buy a monkey?

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #3
I saw the movie last friday, and while I thought it was a good movie, I have to agree with what most people have commented about it: Too much action, and too little plot development.

*SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER*

What the hell is up with that techno rave scene at Zion? That seemed totally misplaced to me. And kind of ridiculous.

And while the idea of a sex scene with Carrie Anne-Moss seems appealing at first, I found that misplaced as well. And I could have done without the shot of Keanu's ass, thankyouverymuch.

[span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%']Edit: Spelling.[/span]

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #4
Too much action, too little plot, yep, but I don't let it ruin my mood.
The mere coolness of the film more than makes up for it, AFAIAC.

What the hell is up with that techno rave scene at Zion? That seemed totally misplaced to me. And kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of lame too...

And while the idea of a sex scene with Carrie Anne-Moss seems appealing at first, I found that misplaced as well. And I could have done without the shot of Keanu's ass, thankyouverymuch.

I could have done without all those plugs on their bodies, gross man!!!

SPOILER ALERT:
a. WTF was the Architect babbling about? 5 chosen ones? Has the story been repeated 5
times? Do the machines always destroy Zion but spare the lives of some people in order to
let them rebuild it?
b.Was it Neo who stopped the Sentinels or the ship that came to their rescue?
c.What does the Oracle have to gain by aiding Neo? What does Smith have to gain
by killing him, now that he's gone freelance?
d.Is Monica Belluci the most desirable woman alive or what (drool...)?

P.S. I loved Morheus' one liners:
"How would u like a bullet from my gun?" 
Wanna buy a monkey?

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #5
I saw the movie last friday, and while I thought it was a good movie, I have to agree with what most people have commented about it: Too much action, and too little plot development.

I agree. But still, it was a very good movie.

Agree.

And I could have done without the shot of Keanu's ass, thankyouverymuch.

Definitely.

But let us talk about the end. What the hell happened?

Oh, and hopefully you all know that you have to wait and see the whole end-credits, because after them there is a Matrix 3 trailer (although you want see much).

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #6

That was Trinity's line. She said it to Monica "RawEssenceOfSex" Belluci before she kissed Neo.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #7
First I must say: I like the first part of Matrix a lot. And what was told about the second part really tempted me to go watch it, and so did I. I watched it yesterday evening and was really disappointed... I already heard and read about it and therefore I should have been prepared. But I really didn't expect it to be that focussed on action. So I can fully agree with Jens Rex: too much action, too less plot...

The action might have been cool if it wasn't repeated so excessively. eg. the scene in which Trinity might have died. All right, she fell out of the window and defended herself while one of these agents attacked her, but: she fell and fell and fell... it never stopped. And what made all worse was the fact that this scene was repeated...

I had seen pictures of splendid effects: Like these two guys with white Rasta-hair and the ground deforming when Neo is starting his Superman-trick. The latter was really the stupidest thing that could happen to a half-a-billion-dollar-movie (maybe I'm exaggerating). Why does Neo fly around like superman?? The best (probably the worse) is when Morpheus Rasta friend tells "it's faster than anything I've ever seen [logical continuation: it's faster than a plane... it's superman!).

And the kiss of that Monica Belucci (I admit, she's got it ). It was totally superfluous; it didn't help the plot in any way...

As a conclusion of my reactions on Matrix Reloaded I will not go to the cinema for the third part...

EDIT: typo..
I love the moderators.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #8
As a conclusion of my reactions on Matrix Reloaded I will not go to the cinema for the third part...

I sure as hell WILL!!!

BTW, those agents are piss-poor marksmen...
Wanna buy a monkey?

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #9

Oh, I BET you will... 

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #10
I also watched it yesterday, and I have to say I was not blown away or anything. I think we have seen so MUCH of special effects in recent movies that we do not get impressed any longer.
I also found it lacking in plot and making up for that with tons of action scenes.
Do you notice the scene where Morpheus' ship enters Zion and is about to dock, we are presented with an ultra-high tech control tower, which looks like it came out of Minority Report. Yet the rest of the city is practically in ruins, very low tech and delapidated. The ships also look like they've been assembled from salvaged parts, cables lying all around e.t.c. So I guess some of the city counselors got a big commission under the table when ordering the equipment for that control tower.
In my opinion a fun movie to watch, but certainly not the overhyped legend they hope to create out of it.
So much music, so little time...

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #11

1) It was Trinity.

2) It went "How about you sample this instead? (raises gun)"

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #12
Do you notice the scene where Morpheus' ship enters Zion and is about to dock, we are presented with an ultra-high tech control tower, which looks like it came out of Minority Report. Yet the rest of the city is practically in ruins, very low tech and delapidated. The ships also look like they've been assembled from salvaged parts, cables lying all around e.t.c. So I guess some of the city counselors got a big commission under the table when ordering the equipment for that control tower.

Maybe you should have paid attention to those people lying on chairs in Zion plugged in, just before that traffic control part. The traffic control happens in the construct.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #13

Maybe you should have paid attention to those people lying on chairs in Zion plugged in, just before that traffic control part. The traffic control happens in the construct.

You are right, I totally disregarded that scene! I thought it was the ship's crew still plugged into the Matrix.
So much music, so little time...

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #15

Agreed.

Anyways, the movie is great imo. The storyline totally blew me away, I've never seen so many cliffhangers in one movie and I *love* cliffhangers.  The scene with architect was brilliant.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #16
You are right, I totally disregarded that scene! I thought it was the ship's crew still plugged into the Matrix.

Thought that too at first, but then I saw that the controllers face was the same as that women on the chair, and additionally to that I figured out that if the ship needs to head away from Zion, why would the folks still be plugged in when they're at Zion.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #17
Why does Neo fly around like superman??

Because he... can?? Don't act surprised, he already could fly in the first movie (final scene).

I can't imagine someone liking the first matrix but not reloaded. The only logical explanation is that you couldn't follow the plot, in that case I suggest you go see the movie again.  I will for sure.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #18
SPOILER ALERT:
a. WTF was the Architect babbling about? 5 chosen ones? Has the story been repeated 5
times? Do the machines always destroy Zion but spare the lives of some people in order to
let them rebuild it?

Basically there have been 5 previous versions of the Matrix, each time it gets closer to perfection. However there will always be a number of dissidents thanks to  a remander in the mathematical equation that is used for the matrix. So when the dissidents reach a certain number, "The One" is created to make the choice for the human race: to pick 24 members of Zion to restart the human race after Zion has been destroyed or to fight to the end and die. The previous "The One's" chose the first option, since that guarenteed the survival of the human race in the next version of the Matrix. Neo however was different because he was in love with Trinity. As a result, he chose to save her and pretty much doomed the human race to total extinction so he isn't "The One."

At least that is what I understand from reading other posts around the web and my own conclusions.

b.Was it Neo who stopped the Sentinels or the ship that came to their rescue?

A theory I have read is that there is a Matrix inside of The Matrix. In this theory, Neo was the one who stopped the Sentinels. As a result, he becomes the first of the human race to realize that what was reality really isn't. In theory, this means that Neo could really be "The One," just in another reality.

c.What does the Oracle have to gain by aiding Neo?

Best guess based on my previous theories is that the Oracle basically is trying to get the human race's hopes up for survival and for Neo to find the Arcitect.

What does Smith have to gain
by killing him, now that he's gone freelance?

Somehting personal? I honestly don't know. I think the 3rd movie will solve this riddle.
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #20
Why does Neo fly around like superman??

Because he... can?? Don't act surprised, he already could fly in the first movie (final scene).

I can't imagine someone liking the first matrix but not reloaded. The only logical explanation is that you couldn't follow the plot, in that case I suggest you go see the movie again.  I will for sure.

Maybe I liked Matrix I when I watched it five years ago. The effects were new, the idea was new. It was simply a film you've never seen before. That could explain why i was impressed.

Maybe I got somehow (even more) mature () since when I watched Matrix I and action is not the only thing counting for me anymore.

And I think I was able to follow the plot.  It's only that I'm really disappointed. The propaganda before Matrix II went to the cinemas had grown huge expectations in me and these were not satisfied .

btw. flying around is stupid
I love the moderators.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #21
I'm so disappointed with Matrix II. As a sci-fi it completely made almost no sense scientifically, but the first one did make some sense. And it became such a hollywood movie, where everyone in the movie is obsessed about sex, where the handsome and the beautiful kick ass. It is even more disappointing considering that some ideas are really interesting and have potential to be made into a real sci-fi. Just like we believe we're living in a world which actually does not exist is a very promising one, but that human race are used for the heat they produce is such a bad one. I'd have settled for exploiting human race for purposes of grid computation (like seti at home) where imagination is necessary in the computed task, so no ordinary computers would do, and the robots therefore use the minds of the human beings.

Especially the moment when the people in Zion understood their doom, that they gave this huge feast and had sex altogether, did it for me.

Unfortunately with so much effort and money flowing in a movie, I am sure a much serious sci-fi, also full of special effects if needed but also full of good story and meaningful plots could have been produced. The characters could have had more character.

When I saw the fight scene pictures on the stairs, with all kinds of weapons (like maces) made me think that it'll have some kind of a Role Playing/Fantasy spirit. I liked the idea of doors ending up in a mountain, giving an impression that the matrix is all a hacked computer program. But all the cool ideas were there to be cool, not to make any unified sense whatsoever. 

So disappointing :x
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #22
[deleted]

Matrix Reloaded

Reply #23
Check this page

http://zmatrix.sourceforge.net/

I've downloaded it, and after changing font sizes to 8, it looks pretty cool IMO. It uses CPU resources, but default is on IDLE priority so computer won't be slowed down.
It takes the colors of your background and turns the screen into Matrix. 

NOTE: If you change the background, click Refresh to renew the colors used  .