Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component (Read 202731 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component

Reply #75
Is it possible to change the 5-point-rating-restriction?

I'm using a system up to 7 possible rating-points but the %rating%-Column only shows me the rating of 5 what is pretty annoying.

Before the updated statistic-component I used this one:
$repeat(* ,%rating%)

but I waste pretty much space with it.

Would appreciate this, maybe you could add customizable rating-statistics so people with a rating-system up to 10 could use it too (or 6 or whatever).

So long,
Horst

Reply #76
It seems, Playback Statistics component does not always add it's page to the Tools section in a Preferences. I have seen this on two machines using FB2K 0.9.5.3 and Playback Statistics 2.1.4 (WinXP and Vista). Here is a screenshot:

And there is another one question: if there is a chance to see a Playback Statistics build, which will be able to set Ratings to all of the files (not only listed in Media Library)?

Reply #77
It seems, Playback Statistics component does not always add it's page to the Tools section in a Preferences.

The official playback statistics component does not have its own preferences page.

If you have seen such a screenshot somewhere, it is from a 3rd-party plugin.

Reply #79
That's a component called Playback Statistics Custom.

Reply #80
Playback statistics ratings doesn't work with the playback queue list viewer. The songs get removed from it the moment the songs start, so i can't rate 'm with the keycombo's I assigned to it. (global, for use with minimized foob).

Is this intended behaviour or a bug or something that needs to be requested?

(cursor follows playback is enabled)
(DUI + officials only)

Reply #81
It would have to be filed under "intended behavior" because a queue by definition, holds things that will be done *next*.

Things that you can do:
* Use the Tray Icon's "Now Playing" context menu to rate the files
* Create a recently played auto playlist and rate your files.
* Not use queue. (kidding, of course).

Reply #82
Lol @ your definition. So true.

But when i think minimized controls, i think the controls affect the now playing song only. (stop stops it, pause pauses it, next loads the one next to it, etc). So why does this behaviour not work when using the queue? it works when not using the queue and just a list.

For this I have to go back to your 3rd option, not use queue. As for now, as I started with a fresh database just 2 months ago, (and losing my tagged ratings when switching to the latest playback statistics) I rate a lot of songs. Listening while surfing the net, emailing etc, and rating was just a keycombo away.

Another thing. I used quicktagger for setting this ratings before playback statistics was capable of it. quicktagger had a warning when I applied it to more then 1 file. Playback statistics hasn't, and when you are not using cursor follows playback it can happen sometimes you apply a rating to a complete selection of songs without warning. Perhaps this is something that is needs some thoughts or an option for configuring this.

Reply #83
To set the rating for the playing track with a global keyboard shortcut, you should use the "[context / now playing]" version of the rating command. Context menu commands need a context (duh), and global keyboard shortcuts do not provide any implicit context, so you have to choose one explicitly when binding the keyboard shortcut.

Reply #84
Thx foosion, didn't know that existed. solved my problem. However, at testing that I found a 2nd question about this.

the first one is rating <not set>. That one is the only one that doesn't work with the keycombo's. It has to remove rating, as of using the contextmenu does do that when rightclicking mouse. The keycombo however doesn't have an effect at all.

@thuan:
Yes, thats it! I was sure in my head I used the latest version, coz I updated recently, but it was 2.1.3. Now it's ok!

Reply #85
@Mar2zz: Do you have the latest version? I'm sure that works over here.

Reply #86
To set the rating for the playing track with a global keyboard shortcut, you should use the "[context / now playing]" version of the rating command. Context menu commands need a context (duh), and global keyboard shortcuts do not provide any implicit context, so you have to choose one explicitly when binding the keyboard shortcut.

foosion, what's with my suggestion to make a custom-rating-system?

I really would appreciate it 'cause I was so happy, that I could use more than 5 rating-stars. I'm not sure about the complexity so I just wanted to ask if it's realizable in near time. Otherwise I could go back to my old system but I like the new playback-statistics.

Reply #88
foosion, what's with my suggestion to make a custom-rating-system?
I've asked Peter and he does not seem to be inclined to add it.

Makes me a little bit sad but it seems, that I've to go back to my old system (which tooks more place, another advantage of the new system). Maybe if some more user wanna have it too.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

Reply #89
I just update to v9.5.3 from v9.5.2 and needed to update the playback statistics component. But some tracks don't have the 'added' field filled. They also have playcount = 0. There are tracks that have playcount = 0 but do have a value in 'added'.

When I play tracks with an empty 'added' field playcount, lastplayed and added aren't updated. How can I overcome this behaviour? I never used masstagger or formatting scripts, so the added value is complete new to me.

Reply #90
When I play tracks with an empty 'added' field playcount, lastplayed and added aren't updated. How can I overcome this behaviour? I never used masstagger or formatting scripts, so the added value is complete new to me.

Are the files in the library? These fields are updated automatically only if the files are in the library.

Reply #91
Yes they are in my library.

Edit:
Your remark made me look and compare the properties of a track with and without the added field. I selected 2 tracks and found indeed this notice: "Some of the selected items are not in the Media Library, their playback statistics are not collected." So you seem to be right. But then there is an other strange thing.

Of the files without the added field set, they are actually in a subdirectory of my Music Folders set by the preferences. (resticted to *, so no file type is exluded). What could that be then?

And just for the record, the file exist and I can play them  .

Edit2:
I found out that the problem is in some none auto playlists. When I search for the track without the added field set via facets the track is found with the added field set. It look like not all file in playlist are properly updated. Or is this normal behaviour?

Edit3:
Problem solved by saving the content of the playlist to a file, deleting the playlist and then choose file > load playlist. Strange but ok.

Reply #92
I just noticed that Selection Properties adds up playcounts from a selection of songs. Is that figure available for us to retrieve with titleformatting?

Or, will it ever become available with titleformatting?

I also have troubles with that rating in selectionproperties, section other... It won't show as stars or hearts or anything, just 5 squares all the time.

Installing Arial Unicode is not an option, can't get it legally, so I won't use it. Lucinda Unicode and Calibri don't work either. The default foobarfont refuses too... Kinda desperate here...

Reply #93
Mar2zz: Are you on XP? If so, have you installed east asian language support? It's in Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab. You'll need your XP CD. It should work after that, normally.

Reply #94
hey peter, i have one simple request for this component. i like the new context menu for the rating, would it be possible to add a 0 in the rating menu? i reserve 0 for "filler" tracks that contain little or no music to keep them out of auto playlists.

thanks in advance

Reply #95
I installed all languages now that come with windows. I also checked all conversion stuff in advanced tab of regional and language options.

I was pretty hopefull, coz i have a Nlite stripped windows XP home. It still doesnt work, and the squares are also in facets rating statistics... It's driving me crazy. Foobar is perfect, but this thing is making me nutsssssss

Reply #96
Have you tried different font for the properties window then? You can change it by clicking on tools -> font... I don't think I have any other idea. If it still doesn't work I guess you have removed something that's necessary with nlite for languages and stuffs. My Windows is vanilla and it works.

Reply #97
It looks like, from my cursory examination of my own font collection, almost no non-Unicode fonts include the star characters natively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_typefaces has a list of common Unicode fonts, some of which are free (unlike Arial Unicode), so you might have some luck with one of those.

Reply #98
Whatever font i choose i see squares but i also learned to live with that: in facets i see 3 darker suares and 2 lighter ones - so i know the (average) rating is 3. In Selection Properties i always see 5 dark squares. Maybe a simple bitmap implemented in the core or DefaultUi is a good idea as it makes the display of the stars independent from the choosed font.

Reply #99
Great component, it imported my %ADDED% tags from foo_cwb_hooks correclty.

The only thing is that when importing %ADDED% from tags, if a file do not have this tag, the missing value should be the less recent %ADDED% value of all the files that have it, instead of just the current time.

A workaround is to set %ADDED% on all files that do not have it, prior to importing from tags.

Long time user of 0.9.4.x, I'm porting my old config using playlist tree to the DUI + "Album List" components. Is there a way to display in the album list, a flat list of album sorted by%ADDED% (without having a node for each %ADDED% value) ?