Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component (Read 201521 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component

Reply #50
Not sure if it is a problem with the fonts i use: In selection properties i always see "5" as rating even if i select just one track with totally different rating.

Reply #52
anyone know what the changes are from the previous version 2.1.2 > 2.1.3?

Reply #53
24nt1
Collects playback statistics for your Media Library content. Statistics can be displayed in the Properties dialog or using %first_played%, %last_played%, %play_count%, %added% and %rating%.
2.1 release highlights: Rating support, tracking of time at which tracks were added to your library.
2.1.3 release highlights: "Import statistics from file tags" command now works correctly.

Reply #54
Request:

Ability to also write "ADDED_TIMESTAMP" (or some another name the DEV see fit) when using "Write statistics to file tags" command and ability to import them back into database.

-----------------

@Bollerkopp

Are you sure your old %ADDED% tag get pass on to ADDED in database? from what I have tried, ADDED tag are synchronised with FIRST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP tag from official playcount plug-in and from only that, that's why track that never been played showing the date you start using this component.

If you want to have the old %ADDED% tag that made by cwb_hook+masstagger script that have [yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss] format to pass on to playback statistics database, there's a way but it's a tedious process. (for me at least, since I have to mod the old masstagger script since it doesn't work with recent date & check if it work correctly & some confusion here and there) but the result are quite worth it in the long run.

Reply #55
@ buktore:

oh... the added-filed in the new version is indeed syncronized from the %first_played% and not from the %ADDED%-tag. i totally overlooked that. 

which way will work to syncronize from the %ADDED%-tag? can you explain it to me?

thx & greets

Reply #56
Feature Request:

Would it be possible for the component to provide values like last played/first played/added in terms of "X days ago"?

(I know we can do this with CWB hooks etc, but it'd be nice to have this supported by the official component itself since it's such a frequently used feature).

Reply #57
Feature Request:

Would it be possible for the component to provide values like last played/first played/added in terms of "X days ago"?

(I know we can do this with CWB hooks etc, but it'd be nice to have this supported by the official component itself since it's such a frequently used feature).

It's been explained before but I guess one more time won't hurt:
Title formatting fields can not depend on system time or any other external variables. If they do, there's no way to refresh affected components each time those external variables change, and you run into general mess, autoplaylists that don't update correctly, repaint glitches, etc.

Upcoming foobar2000 0.9.5.3 release will attempt to address some of these limitations, you will be able to create "recently played/added" autoplaylists easily without third party components involved.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #58
Title formatting fields can not depend on system time or any other external variables. If they do, there's no way to refresh affected components each time those external variables change, and you run into general mess, autoplaylists that don't update correctly, repaint glitches, etc.

Thank you Peter for the clarification  I didn't realise why this was such an issue.
Are these potential problems only relevant since 9.5? As I use 9.4.3 with title formatting fields that depend on system time and everything works fine; autoplaylists update correctly and I don't get any repaint glitches.

Is this just luck on my part, or was 9.4+ not affected?

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #59
For an example, you can't generate an autoplaylist that keeps track of tracks played during last week that removes tracks that no longer match the criteria as the system timer advances.
0.9.5 Default User Interface heavily relies on title formatting output NOT changing without appropriate notifications. Older Default User Interface performed caching instead, but was a pointless waste of resources originally created to workaround performance problems specific to very old foobar2000 versions (0.8 and older). As for 0.9.5, if you use any system time dependant fields in playlist etc, you will get repaint glitches; with older versions, outdated values of those fields would stick instead.

Reply #60
Thanks for your patient explanation.
Appreciated.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #61
It's been explained before but I guess one more time won't hurt:

Upcoming foobar2000 0.9.5.3 release will attempt to address some of these limitations, you will be able to create "recently played/added" autoplaylists easily without third party components involved.

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed explanation. I look forward to 0.9.5.3 .

Reply #62
Does the "%played_per_day%" field displays the average daily playcount between %first_played% and %last_played% or more likely between %added% and %last_played%?

Reply #63
%played_per_day% depends on %first_played%. This feature is quite old, somehow it never made it to the documentation until recently.

Reply #64
Are there any plans to add ability to use custom fields in this component?

I really miss 'album rating' (foo_custominfo was used for that but it's no longer valid with 0.9.5.3).

The whole idea, as it seems to me, about separation of tag data and independant database data (such as playback statistics) is the following:
- information that's common to all users (music listeners) such as date, album title, track number etc. should be stored in a file itself
- info that's personalizable (such as play count, rating, and maybe, tags/labels (such as 'my favourite', 'sad music', 'to be deleted') should be in a separate database.

Reply #65
I have a feature request: a menu entries to enable/disable statistic collection.
I sometimes do karaoke lyrics for my favorite songs and I have to listen through one a bunch of times but I don't want these statistic to be collected.

And a question: keyboard shortcut for rating -> <not set> still doesn't work. Is it intended or a misbehavior?

Reply #66
I have a feature request: a menu entries to enable/disable statistic collection.
I sometimes do karaoke lyrics for my favorite songs and I have to listen through one a bunch of times but I don't want these statistic to be collected.
Noted.
Update: Feature included in 2.1.4 - it's in Advanced Preferences for now, it will be possibly moved to a menu item in some future version.
And a question: keyboard shortcut for rating -> <not set> still doesn't work. Is it intended or a misbehavior?
Fixed for the next version, thanks for reporting.

Reply #67
Also (not sure if this is the correct place) but since cwb_hooks is soon(?) to no longer be supported I'd like to put in 2 requests:

1) include a skip count (so that at any time someone hits "next" a %skip% is registered).
2) allow the user to set the % a track is played before it's counted as played (this would also be nice for the %skip% as a user could say if the track is skipped after 90% played don't count it as skipped).

With those 2 additions I wouldn't need cwb_hooks.

C.

I definitely have to throw in another vote for carpman's two feature requests/suggestions above.  for number 1), I suggest that either the "next" or "random" action would register a skip count.

I reread the entire thread, and I'm not 100% clear if Peter's replies in post #58 & #60 rule out the above feature requests or not.  I wouldn't think (but I'm not a programmer  ) that a skip count and/or a % time played calculation would be system time dependent, but rather dependent on internal foobar variables/actions.  if I've misread the discussion in posts #58-62 have already indirectly answered this, my apologies.

Reply #68
Peter, Thanks for version 2.1.4 

After a long wait and wish, finally a virtual tag that can keep all statistics when converting files is here, no more request from me.

Reply #69
hi,

thank you so much for the new version, peter. now my problem is solved and i'm happy.

greets

Reply #70
When some music folders are excluded from the Media Library it is impossible to collect the playback statistics to the playback statistics database (this is the desired behaviour). But it is impossible to add the same statistics to the file tags as well. Don't you think it is a good idea to write playback statistics to the file tags if the file is not listed in the Media Library, but it is accessible and the 'Automaticaly synchronize file tags' option is checked?

Personally, I collect all my new music in a temporary folder, which is not included in the 'main' Media Library. I'm listening the music in the temporary folder, setting the ratings and then I'm adding the best albums to the Media Library.

I think it is a good idea to add playback statistics to both the database and file tags if the file is listed in Media Library and 'Automaticaly synchronize file tags' option is checked. If the file is not listed in the Media Library the statistics should be written in file tags if 'Automaticaly synchronize file tags' option is checked.

What do you think about this?

Reply #71
How does the plugin distinguish between two tracks?

I have several tracks each part of different files and like them to be counted as one as long as artist and title is the same. Would that be possible?

Example: File x.cue includes track a, b and c while File y.cue includes track d, e and a. Would be nice if statistics for track a woun't be gathered separately.

Reply #72
Whatever is considered as different tracks by foobar2000 itself will be regarded as different tracks by foo_playcount. Specifically, this means that tracks are identified using the file path and - for files with multiple tracks in them - the so-called subsong number. There is no way to make foo_playcount add up the the play count numbers for multiple tracks.

Reply #73
Is there an up to date documentation for this component? I only found an old wiki entry, but I am looking for a documentation of the new features like %added% and how to use it.#

Thanks!

Reply #74
Beside those fields this component provides (which you can see on the optional component page) that can be used as other file tag fields, you can config it in foobar Advanced Preferences. It also has some context menu entries which are self explanatory. That's about it.