Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: unknown Jackson song (Read 5887 times) previous topic - next topic

unknown Jackson song

Hi, can anyone identify this Michael Jackson song from the few bars i remember? thanks.

unknown Jackson song

Reply #1
"Give In To Me" from the Dangerous album

unknown Jackson song

Reply #2
That's it! brilliant, thanks very much.

unknown Jackson song

Reply #3
This sample seems to fail to work on foobar2000, but works fine on Quicktime. Maybe its just me.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

unknown Jackson song

Reply #4
It's you /mnt    Works fine here on fb2k v0.9.6.8 on Win7RC. Downloaded and opened it with Firefox 3.5.

unknown Jackson song

Reply #5
Fails in Foobar 0.9.6.7 for me.  It sounds weird in VLC.  The left channel has the person whistling and the right channel has a weird beeping.

unknown Jackson song

Reply #6
It's you /mnt    Works fine here on fb2k v0.9.6.8 on Win7RC. Downloaded and opened it with Firefox 3.5.

Strange, i've redownloaded it with IE 8 (shudders) and i still get the "Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file)" error.

unknown Jackson song

Reply #7
FYI: Same with 0.9.4.3 and 0.9.6.8 on WinXP SP2

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file)

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

unknown Jackson song

Reply #8
The file was encoded using an iPhone, and uploaded using a Mac, but i can assure you /mnt, your not missing much!

unknown Jackson song

Reply #9
I found the reason: I can play the file because I have installed foo_input_alac.dll. If I remove this component fb2k can't play the file. So it's a 16 bits 2 channel Apple Lossless file with samplerate 8000 Hz and average bitrate of 68kbps 

Edit: typo and added link to ALAC component

unknown Jackson song

Reply #10
I found the reason: I can play the file because I have installed foo_input_alac.dll. If I remove this component Ifb2k can't play the file. So it's a 16 bits 2 channel Apple Lossless file with samplerate 8000 Hz and average bitrate of 68kbps 

I see, its a Apple Lossless file. I did have a outdated version of foo_input_alac.dll though.

I've updated the plugin and it seems to work now.