Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1 (Read 75490 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #100
Default User Interface: new pseudo color code system for status bar and playlist view.

Try using > and < characters in the Default UI status bar and/or custom columns to shift color towards the Highlight or Background color.

This is great new feature. However, shouldn't there be another "special character" for resetting color? Equivalent of $rgb(). Maybe "|" character would be appropriate.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #101
The new priority system introduced in 1.0 is for newbies....this is the first thing that i don't like in foobar2000 for years.

I have to disagree. We have some portable music players around here that can't handle embedded cover art greater in size than 200x200. If things were your way foobar would be displaying 200x200 cover art all because I want to have cover art on my players. The new way is not for newbies. It's logical. It's so logical I can't believe that all players don't behave like this.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #102
This version doesnt work with Creative Alchemy.

You have no reason to use ALchemy with foobar. This is not a game that needs EAX effects.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #103
...and stereo LPCM http streaming (audio/L16 mime-type).

L PCM? Will this allow me to stream from Foobar on a PC that has my music library to another networked PC running Foobar that is connected to my amp and speakers?

Can't wait to try this, can you make a quick guide?

Seconding this request. Please explain this function/feature.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #104
Look at foo_upnp.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #105
This is great! Now I know what Santa is going to put in my stocking this year
  • Does it mean that all 0.9 components should work without recompilation?
  • Will new SDK include Default UI Elements API? Is new SDK planned to be released as soon as stable 1.0 is released or will there be some delay?
  • I would also love to see more "under-the-hood" changelog. E.g. what about "relative paths" in Media Library (Case mentioned planned support for mounted drives in [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=645795']this topic[/a])
  • The Play command appears in context menu even if it is un-checked in preferences (it only occurs in Default UI). Is it by design?

Looks like some 0.9 components are not working, but that's to be expected. SHN, TTA and MSNalt have reported incompatibility to me, but since all others appear fine, I can live with it until their authors update!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #109
* Default User Interface: new pseudo color code system for status bar and playlist view.

Highlighting in status bar gives another color than highlighting in playlist view. In playlist view highlight is orange, in status bar it's dark blue (RGB 0,0,85) and almost not noticeable 

Status bar:
Code: [Select]
[%artist% $char(8226) ]%title%  <<['['[$meta(album artist) $char(8226) ]%album%[ #[%discnumber%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]']'$rgb()]>> $tab()$if(%_ispaused%,<<PAUSED>>,>>PLAYING<<) $char(8226) %codec% %bitrate%kbps $char(8226) %playback_time%[ $char(8226) %_time_remaining%]

And a second point: Highlight in playlist view should even be visible if track is selected.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #113
I tried converting some FLAC images to single-file using 1.0b1 (lossless) and some albums that failed.

The converter finished conversion apparently successfully, but complained about an unsupported format on the output files (while trying to tag them, because the resulting files were tag-less, but played fine).

I'm posting it here because I have never seen similar problem using pre-1.0, but it can of course just be a coincidence
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #114
Didn't it have an embedded cuesheet like here?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #115
That could be possible  Weird error anyway...
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #116
I noticed that the visuals Peak meter and VU meter (when run in their own window) have a much larger minimum width now. In fact much to large for stereo or mono (for 5.1 it would be just about right).
The height is still adjustable as far as it was before.

edit I should add, this is when using vertical bars (like I do  )
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #117
minor glitch - if display is set to 16 bit (Windows 7), radio buttons in advanced preferences are blank:

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #118
Just had to say thanks for adding the ability to set custom folder paths for album art! One less component required for my default installation.

I wonder whether this new ability means we may see an update to facets in the near future... (/me prays)

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #119
@respectful authors

Thanks so much for the ability to map a key for a quick jump to the device output dropbox.

Although I (and I'm sure a lot of head-fi users and general htpc addicts) would appretiate an additional option to map a key to the specific output device.

Thanks so much, keep up the good work.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 1

Reply #120
Although I (and I'm sure a lot of head-fi users and general htpc addicts) would appretiate an additional option to map a key to the specific output device.

This isn't possible and is why the new shortcut works as it does.
elevatorladylevitateme