Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstagger: syntax to reduce date field (Read 2215 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger: syntax to reduce date field

Hi there.

Could someone please let me know what syntax I could use in Masstagger to reduce date field to four-digit year?

I know Tag Sanitizer does that, but this component has deleted more tags in my files than I specify, so I've gotten along better with Masstagger itself.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Masstagger: syntax to reduce date field

Reply #1
There you go
$cut(%date%,4)

Reply #2
@Fabcore

Thank you very much!

Reply #4
Thanks! :)

Reply #5
Hi

is there a way to capitalize letters of several fileds like artist album and songs ?

for example change nick cave to Nick Cave ,songs like No Nore Shall We Apart and the other songs
I have read the guide but i have not found an answer , it's so powerfull plugins , could be added the feature capitalize

thanks

Reply #6
Don't think that is related to the thread topic? I'm assuming it isn't:

File properties, highlight the fields in question (you can highlight several), right-click, "Capitalize".
It will make all the stupid mistakes (like capitalizing A and The and Roman Numeral Iii), but you cannot have it all without more work ... which you can often let https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_musicbrainz do for you.

Reply #7
Don't think that is related to the thread topic? I'm assuming it isn't:

File properties, highlight the fields in question (you can highlight several), right-click, "Capitalize".
It will make all the stupid mistakes (like capitalizing A and The and Roman Numeral Iii), but you cannot have it all without more work ... which you can often let https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_musicbrainz do for you.
Hi Porcus
but  foo_musicbranz is to tag an album online
i just wanted to capitalize some fileds.. maybe to do it are better ofther freeware like mp3tag because i can't find anything to do with masstaggger
thanks

Reply #9
Here is a MassTagger preset function that decapitalizes a list of common 3-letter and shorter words and makes some exceptions. Minimal manual fixup is required. It is not possible to perfectly automate the process because phrasal verbs need to be understood in context. It processes artist, title and album, but you can add more fields at the start and end. Use the "Import from file" button to load the preset.